Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Jun 2014, 18:03 (Ref:3425028)   #751
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Who was the Mercedes team member in the room with drivers post race?
Old 22 Jun 2014, 18:40 (Ref:3425040)   #752
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I thought they said on rtl germany that he was their head of strategy
Old 22 Jun 2014, 18:45 (Ref:3425043)   #753
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
I thought they said on rtl germany that he was their head of strategy
If that's who he is, he's certainly good at his job, as I thought his appearance somewhat timely and strategic.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 00:18 (Ref:3425129)   #754
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
I would hope so. Hamilton didn't congratulate Rosberg post race. Neither of the 2 even batted an eye at each other. Hamilton just went straight to Bottas. I see nothing wrong. They are bitter rivals. They shouldn't have to be forced to "get along" whether they are teammates or not.

There was a handshake / pat on the back of sorts as they got out of the cars, but the love had definitely dried up by the time they got to the cool-down room
Old 23 Jun 2014, 01:11 (Ref:3425148)   #755
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
They are now probably both self aware with the press putting any interaction between them under the magnifying glass.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 02:31 (Ref:3425158)   #756
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They had the, now usual, pretend punch-up tussle by the fence after getting out of the cars, and then hugged it out afterwards. Well, at least that's what I saw at early ‘o’clock this morning when I was watching the race. I could be wrong, or perhaps it wasn't shown on other feeds. It was immediately after finishing the race.

Granted they are not pretending they are best of mates and catching up like teenage girls in the back room. But I'm happy with their level of communication, and the amicable nature that is now shown between one another. It is suitable in this hard fought season, and anything more would be forced and false. Of coure there is tension there, look at what is at stake!
Old 23 Jun 2014, 08:17 (Ref:3425254)   #757
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They looked fine. Whatever Hamilton's grievances were after Monaco qualifying, he seems to have been convinced all is well or told to look like it was, whatever he believes.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 08:39 (Ref:3425268)   #758
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't care too much if they get on, the team mate structure within a team would require them both to be Mother Theresa for that to happen. I am surprised I guess that Nico seems to have the upper hand, maybe because I watch the BBC feed and it is xenophobicly biased towards Lewis but Nico seems to be the consistent performer.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 10:04 (Ref:3425302)   #759
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
I would hope so. Hamilton didn't congratulate Rosberg post race. Neither of the 2 even batted an eye at each other. Hamilton just went straight to Bottas. I see nothing wrong. They are bitter rivals. They shouldn't have to be forced to "get along" whether they are teammates or not.
I saw him congratulate him pretty heartily for a team-mate who had just beaten him as they got out of their respective cars.......?

Man, this thread hasn't moved on much since I last looked in, has it..........
Old 23 Jun 2014, 11:28 (Ref:3425340)   #760
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I saw him congratulate him pretty heartily for a team-mate who had just beaten him as they got out of their respective cars.......?

Man, this thread hasn't moved on much since I last looked in, has it..........
Nope. Usual suspects trying to find newspaper headlines where none exist.

It's a racing competition with colossal amount of stuff at stake, not
a hippy tree hug in.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 11:30 (Ref:3425342)   #761
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
He sure did, from what I saw anyway.

Old 23 Jun 2014, 11:37 (Ref:3425345)   #762
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Old 23 Jun 2014, 16:31 (Ref:3425479)   #763
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Hamilton has temperament issues not intelligence issues. Rosberg is more ordered and disciplined. I think Hamilton's overly insular upbringing under McLaren protection is probably responsible.
fair point. cant say i disagree at all but we have also never seen NR in this position before so as solid as his temperament might seem today we dont know if its been tempered by fire yet.

to his credit he seems to be dealing with it extremely well or is that a function of the disproportional level of coverage LH receives?
Old 23 Jun 2014, 17:20 (Ref:3425495)   #764
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England

They don't have to like each other but this is just what the Mercedes PR machine wants.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 19:17 (Ref:3425546)   #765
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Lewis just had to put it down as one of those weekends, he knows he had Nico covered for speed but it just didn't work out for him, i still firmly believe over the course of the season Lewis will come out on top though.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 19:38 (Ref:3425559)   #766
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
An interesting article on Lewis Hamilton, post the Austrian GP. He comes across as very composed and mature, in complete contrast to how he was at Monaco. I'm not too sure if this change in attitude is entirely of his own doing or if the Mercedes PR machine has had a quiet word?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114604
Old 24 Jun 2014, 01:33 (Ref:3425684)   #767
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm pretty sure someone in Mercedes must have brought it up with him, if not the PR people then Lauda would most likely have talked to Lewis about what went on. But at the same time Lewis isn't stupid and would definitely have recognised the animosity towards him after his previous behaviour.
Old 25 Jun 2014, 00:16 (Ref:3426096)   #768
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
''Transparency'' an issue according to Toto Woolf.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114616
Old 25 Jun 2014, 01:33 (Ref:3426118)   #769
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
''Transparency'' an issue according to Toto Woolf.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114616
Getting a bit interesting:

"Transparency is all about exchanging views and learning from each other."

He who knows how to set up the car getting sick of sharing his settings with he who doesn't? Surely this is an important part of being fast in F1?

"The drivers' main agenda is winning the drivers' championship; our agenda is about winning the constructors' championship and making sure one of the drivers wins the drivers' championship, so maybe first we need to win the constructors' championship and then we can unleash them."

So we are going to stop them competing now!?

No driver management problem at Mercedes, really?!
Old 25 Jun 2014, 05:34 (Ref:3426155)   #770
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Toto Wolf said Rosberg "deserved" to win Austria when Hamilton made crucial mistakes. I'd be curious to know who he thought "deserved" to win Monaco...
Old 25 Jun 2014, 06:32 (Ref:3426167)   #771
321Go
Veteran

Something Toto Wolff said post Austria qualifying has be a little baffled. When asked who he would like to see on the podium his reply was.. 'In P1 - Rosberg of course, followed by the two Williams cars.' ..or something to that effect.

Did he forget he had two cars on his team?? Or did he not expect Hamilton to be on the podium since he was starting from 9th? A very odd answer to give from the Executive Director of the team. Hmmm...
Old 25 Jun 2014, 06:42 (Ref:3426171)   #772
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He was asked which order he'd like the top three starters to finish, if I recall correctly. It was framed in the context of a conflict of interests; he is after all still a major shareholder in Williams.
Old 25 Jun 2014, 07:56 (Ref:3426198)   #773
321Go
Veteran

Toto Wolff says a Hamilton win was never on.

Well... if Lewis' pit stops were just as fast as Nico's was, I think Wolff maybe eating those words. Did anyone else hear Toto say to Paddy Lowe during the race "..this cannot happen.."? I think the SkyF1 feed picked up the conversation. Something fishy. No conspiracy theories though. Just sayin'.
Old 25 Jun 2014, 08:25 (Ref:3426215)   #774
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think your foil hat might have a rip in it.

Anyway, I thought the delay in the first pit stop wax Hamilton's mistake?
Old 25 Jun 2014, 09:51 (Ref:3426243)   #775
321Go
Veteran

I think your hair might have too much wax in it.

Anyway, I thought the delay in both of Hamilton's pit stops was the teams fault?