Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Oct 2006, 23:33 (Ref:1748265)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
A farewell to Kings (and things)

We seem to be losing quite a number of things at the end of this season.Cigarette sponsorship,Ross Brawn,Michelin,V10's,JV,JPM,Midland,Cosworth........Oh,and TGF.

Is there anything else (large or small) that you particularly mourn the loss of from F1?

Last edited by Marbot; 24 Oct 2006 at 23:43.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 00:17 (Ref:1748286)   #2
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Honestly, out of all of those, I will only miss Michael and Ross.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 00:31 (Ref:1748296)   #3
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TGF-
really as i thought -his departing is now filled with nostalgia and look he is one of the greats
Old 25 Oct 2006, 10:31 (Ref:1748751)   #4
Hein
Racer

South Africa
Kareedouw, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Hein should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya
Honestly, out of all of those, I will only miss Michael and Ross.
Have to agree
Old 25 Oct 2006, 10:33 (Ref:1748754)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Suzuka is gone too.

I'll miss tyre competiton and the dastardly german fellow.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 10:35 (Ref:1748760)   #6
outflat
Racer

outflat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In terms of significance if F1's history, Cosworth is the biggest departure.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 10:39 (Ref:1748770)   #7
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The only ones I miss are Cosworth and Suzuka.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 10:45 (Ref:1748776)   #8
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just Suzuka
Old 25 Oct 2006, 11:27 (Ref:1748828)   #9
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Imola
Old 25 Oct 2006, 11:32 (Ref:1748836)   #10
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Suzuka. Can't believe it's being replaced with Fuji....
Old 25 Oct 2006, 12:00 (Ref:1748879)   #11
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cosworth is the saddest loss.

I look foward to a return, one day
Old 25 Oct 2006, 12:13 (Ref:1748896)   #12
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We're losing the second-best circuit of the modern era, the best driver of the modern era if not of all time, and the second-best engine manufacturer of all time (not to mention the days of privateers challenging car manufacturers, just for the sake of racing). We're gaining a lot for 2007 - Hamilton, Kovalainen and Kubica, Spyker, a balanced Ferrari contest and seeing the most successful current driver in a team which didn't win a race this year - but I'd still considfer it a bad change overall.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 12:17 (Ref:1748905)   #13
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm quite optimist, on the contrary.
MS' era lived alot upon duels (Ms vs Senna, Ms vs JV, MS vs Hakkinen, MS vs nobody, MS vs Alonso), now what I expect is a way more balanced multidriver challenge, which should make F1 much more interesting, with many youngsters carrying fresh air in the competition: Hamilton, (Hopefully) Nelsinho, Kubica, Kovalainen, etc.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 12:31 (Ref:1748923)   #14
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll miss TGF, Suzuka, Imola... and JPM (I'm sure knowlesy is already mourning- ).
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 25 Oct 2006, 12:35 (Ref:1748926)   #15
Racer

Antarctica
FL
2112 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
We seem to be losing quite a number of things at the end of this season.Cigarette sponsorship,Ross Brawn,Michelin,V10's,JV,JPM,Midland,Cosworth........Oh,and TGF.

Is there anything else (large or small) that you particularly mourn the loss of from F1?
I prefer 2112

The torch has been passed to a new crop of drivers on most of the grid..save for DC.
Welcome to the new F1...I hope they find some personalities to hate.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 13:22 (Ref:1748986)   #16
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JPM, Cossie and Suzuka for me.

I'm still in mourning from when V10's were made compulsory...I want V12's back! and the freedom to run a V8 if that's your cup of tea! Heck, let them go BRM style and use a H16!

Ok, uncalled for rant over
Old 25 Oct 2006, 13:56 (Ref:1749025)   #17
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
not quite a swan song season for the V10's many of us were predicting at the begining of the season as it provided no real benefit to the Toro Rosso

i'll miss Suzuka and TGF the most.
fortunatly, the loss of JV has really had the sting taken out of it by RK's performances to date.
2006 will go down as one of the great seasons.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 16:48 (Ref:1749151)   #18
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cosworth. Just the name has the feeling of history behind it. A sad loss for F1.

JPM. I wasn't an ardent fan, but somehow he just made F1 worth watching. And he was always good for a quote.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 16:58 (Ref:1749164)   #19
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'll miss Cosworth for sure, Suzuka and michelin are also sad losses.
but like previously said, what we are getting in return almost makes up for it. Im excited for '07.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 17:06 (Ref:1749171)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, JPM has been gone for a while. I do feel F1 misses him a little, he was an all action person. But, onto the next superstar! I can watch JPM in NASCAR so it doesn't upset me unduly! If I only watched F1 I'd be upset...

JV....don't really miss him I'll be honest. Wasn't bothered either way really.

I will miss Schumacher in time I suppose. The sport needs it's geniuses, but then it is in safe hands with Alonso. Maybe I won't care at all?

Won't miss Ross Brawn greatly. Strategic genius, no doubt, but also says some ridiculous things from time to time.

I will miss Midland like a hole in the head.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 17:12 (Ref:1749179)   #21
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy

I will miss Midland like a hole in the head.
They're not dead yet!

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns17685.html
Old 25 Oct 2006, 18:03 (Ref:1749215)   #22
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2112
I prefer 2112
So do I,but that title wouldn't have made sense........or would it?
Old 26 Oct 2006, 02:36 (Ref:1749537)   #23
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Won't miss Ross Brawn greatly. Strategic genius, no doubt, but also says some ridiculous things from time to time.
Team bosses/tech directors always say stupid things. Ron Dennis, Flavio Briatore, etc . Its a bit of a tradition
Old 26 Oct 2006, 03:54 (Ref:1749560)   #24
Racer

Antarctica
FL
2112 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Say farewell to Todt also.
http://www.motorsport.com/news/artic...D=237111&FS=F1

I thought Alonso was going to go through a rough start...you might add Kimi now. Ferrari will be at a disadvantage big time with all this reorganization.
Oh well, more room at the top for BMW.
Old 27 Oct 2006, 00:01 (Ref:1750581)   #25
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
We've lost Imola for definite,as I can't ever see there being another Italian race other than Monza.Not a great race track,but one with both good and bad memories.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/55433