Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Apr 2008, 08:11 (Ref:2187183)   #26
dumbrell_fan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria
dumbrell_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully the rain stays away for tomorrow. Looking forward to the Saillard Vs Formosa battle into turn 1 in ATCC.
Old 26 Apr 2008, 08:50 (Ref:2187213)   #27
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbrell_fan
Hopefully the rain stays away for tomorrow. Looking forward to the Saillard Vs Formosa battle into turn 1 in ATCC.
Is "Hollywood" Formosa showing signs of the red mist ?
Old 26 Apr 2008, 09:16 (Ref:2187237)   #28
dumbrell_fan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowgto
Is "Hollywood" Formosa showing signs of the red mist ?
His setting personal best times, his never got into the 58's at Calder before, has got the car well setup with a few flames over the back half of the track, had a few slight brake issues today but was all sorted by the end of qual. Just need rain to stay away to deliver what could be his first win in the series (i think thats true?)
Old 26 Apr 2008, 17:55 (Ref:2187567)   #29
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19
TBH the weather wasn't all that great today, and tomorrow isn't looking any better, but I still think it will be a good days racing (until it rains) tomorrow.
Hrmmm.... I hope the cars aren't made of sugar then!

....so what are the prospects of this whole AMRS thing actually getting some non-embarrassing fields one day over the rainbow?
Old 26 Apr 2008, 21:45 (Ref:2187689)   #30
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No show from the Lambo yet, only 6 in the ATCC, only two openwheelers in the OZBoss. Where's all the Formula "Robinson" cars?
Thank God they're not charging for this.
Hmmm is someone about to get their media credentials pulled for telling the truth?

Quote:
....so what are the prospects of this whole AMRS thing actually getting some non-embarrassing fields one day over the rainbow?
Gien they have now had 3 - 4 years of trying - the chances are looking slimmer by the race.

And competitors only have themselves to blame when (not if) it fails because those backing it with money decide to cut their losses.
Old 27 Apr 2008, 08:25 (Ref:2187859)   #31
aussieracer
Racer

Australia
australia
aussieracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
does anyone have the results for the new v8 series that was at calder today??
Old 27 Apr 2008, 08:29 (Ref:2187861)   #32
blaarg
Racer

blaarg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I spent half the day at Calder today, before frostbite started to set in.

Those Thundersports are a good watch and they have a field greater than 6 cars....

Was also good to see Bob at the track.
Old 27 Apr 2008, 08:29 (Ref:2187862)   #33
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
New V8 series?I think you mean the V8 Giants, I'm just trying to find them now.

Mick
Old 27 Apr 2008, 08:46 (Ref:2187866)   #34
aussieracer
Racer

Australia
australia
aussieracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks mick
Old 27 Apr 2008, 10:07 (Ref:2187926)   #35
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry, I was wrong. They are no longer called the V8 Giants, they are the ASSA ATCC. My apologies aussieracer.

Heres a link to the results from the weekends racing. http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?27/04/2008.CPR

Mick
Old 27 Apr 2008, 20:47 (Ref:2188566)   #36
Mr_Cool
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Mr_Cool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This once again shows how AMRS is a pathetic series.
Old 27 Apr 2008, 22:35 (Ref:2188686)   #37
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19
Sorry, I was wrong. They are no longer called the V8 Giants, they are the ASSA ATCC. My apologies aussieracer.

Heres a link to the results from the weekends racing. http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?27/04/2008.CPR

Mick
It never was called V8 Giants. V8 Giants were always a sub-class within the Touring Car Challenge field, like Super Touring and Group A.
Old 27 Apr 2008, 22:47 (Ref:2188695)   #38
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
I have to ask, what happened during the off-season? AMRC was going forwards nicely in grid numbers last year. Where did they all go? Why haven't Thunder and Protos been re-merged, is that just to prop up the appaent death of OzBoss?

And please don't mention the GT dramas, the insanity of five GT type series is well documented elsewhere, the need to get everyone to sit down at a table so obvious that nobody can see it.
Old 27 Apr 2008, 23:36 (Ref:2188714)   #39
NewsStalker
Veteran

Can a series (OzBoss) really die when it wasn't born properly? Being honest about it, OzBoss was a mish-mash of unwanted categories full of promises and talk but was (apparently) obvious to everyone except those proposing it that all it could ever become was a variant of a Clubman cateory.

And, fortunately or unfortunately (depending on your point of view) it didn't inspire anyone to really get off their backside and do anything about it.

Oh I know we will here that this car, or that car, is being prepared and will be running 'soon' - but then the end of the world is also going to happen - but just when is anyones guess...
Old 28 Apr 2008, 00:35 (Ref:2188731)   #40
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsStalker
Can a series (OzBoss) really die when it wasn't born properly? Being honest about it, OzBoss was a mish-mash of unwanted categories full of promises and talk but was (apparently) obvious to everyone except those proposing it that all it could ever become was a variant of a Clubman cateory.

And, fortunately or unfortunately (depending on your point of view) it didn't inspire anyone to really get off their backside and do anything about it.

Oh I know we will here that this car, or that car, is being prepared and will be running 'soon' - but then the end of the world is also going to happen - but just when is anyones guess...
Leaving aside criticism of the mechanical nature of the category, because there's nothing really that wrong with the nature of a Formula Libre category at club level, and it is club level, and criticism of why cars have to be the same before its a viable category - the whole one-make mentality which is creating this insane diversification of categories...

There were some interesting cars and some half decent grids in 2007 and now there is not. Rather than attack AMRS for growing fields, I'm asking what happened to their existing fields.
Old 28 Apr 2008, 00:38 (Ref:2188733)   #41
BFC
Racer

BFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsStalker
Can a series (OzBoss) really die when it wasn't born properly? Being honest about it, OzBoss was a mish-mash of unwanted categories
MMM Similar to the CAMS category of Formula Libre? i remember when they only had 5 or 6 cars at some meetings too and in 1 case we had to spend 20 minute watching 1 car going round and round in a race only because he had to , to finish to get his points
Old 28 Apr 2008, 05:27 (Ref:2188817)   #42
NewsStalker
Veteran

Falcadore - I'm not advocating anything like a one make category or for the cars 'to be the same' for OzBoss - but the category SHOULD have cars that are potentially roughly equal on the track. Nothing helps a category get killed off quicker than having 1 or 2 cars capable of, say, a 1:30 lap others a 1:45 and others a 2:00 lap - IOW a 3 lap race sees cars being lapped. (Substitute your own circuits lap times...)

And yes, I guess Formula Libre would be a better description of them rather than Clubman's (at least the latter are roughly similar).

It still seems like the category is a dumping ground for anything that doesn't fit into the 'other categories' AASA have coe up with (except they obviously aren't coming out of the woodwork to participate, are they?)
Old 28 Apr 2008, 08:32 (Ref:2188936)   #43
dumbrell_fan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria
Good weekend of racing in ATCC. Race 1 ended on a bad note, hope Holmes feels better soon after his crash. Race 2 (if you were near the Power Plus Racing cheer squad you will know how they all feel), well done to Formosa on his first race win. Race 3, Saillard got the jump and let his speed do the talking.

Bring on round 3 at QLD.
Old 28 Apr 2008, 23:01 (Ref:2189690)   #44
Flagger
Racer

Flagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You cant be serious Dumbrel fan,5 cars in a race and you call it good racing,whew!!!! talk about looking through rose colured glasses.
Old 29 Apr 2008, 00:03 (Ref:2189705)   #45
speedraced04
Rookie

speedraced04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the thunder sports and production cars were my picks from the day

thunder sport race on sat arvo with the rain just starting was a cracker

there were a few good battles throughout the production car grid too

the XY falcon in super tt was horn
Old 29 Apr 2008, 00:10 (Ref:2189708)   #46
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagger
You cant be serious Dumbrel fan,5 cars in a race and you call it good racing,whew!!!! talk about looking through rose colured glasses.

I watched the same races and the Formosa - Saillard battle was worth watching. The pressure Saillard had Formosa under was intense. Formosa drove well to hold him out.

The same for the GT between Stevens Ferrari and the Lilley Lambo. They swapped the lead a couple of times and stevens would reign in some time on Lilley then Lilley would respond, it was good to watch.

The race of the day was undoubtedly the top 5 future racers battling it out. Swapping the lead each lap and cars going from 1st to fifth in a couple of laps and then working their way back to the lead. Clearihan managing to fox the Win and was pumping his fist each time he hit the lead.
It was like watching a 125Gp race.

The new cars with the big wheels look pretty hot and the racing with them is sensational.
Old 29 Apr 2008, 02:13 (Ref:2189739)   #47
speedraced04
Rookie

speedraced04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
word on the street is that rod dale has been relieved of his duties running things too, the lack of updates on the amrc website (run by his son) and removal of all regs/rules/documentation is a fair sign of confirmation of that

wonder how long before yet another series is spawned by dale...and where to for amrc? will it be run just by AASA now?

anyone got any goss?
Old 29 Apr 2008, 05:13 (Ref:2189787)   #48
NewsStalker
Veteran

Whilst it doesn't/wouldn't surprise me that Rod has gone, why does the removal of regs/rules/documentation etc indicate a confirmation that he is gone? Rod owned the names 'Touring Car Challenge' and 'Australian Touring Car Challenge' not the AMRC series or regs. In fact it is doubtful if he even owned the regs for the TCC/ATCC as he didn't write them!

But, given the departure of Willmington, it is no surprise to now see Dale go.
Old 29 Apr 2008, 07:55 (Ref:2189860)   #49
rms
Rookie

rms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rod and Gary had the competitors interests at heart, seems like the new 'grass roots' AMRC does not.

Would be interesting to ask Brian Noakes why the Robertson cars were not at Calder !
Old 29 Apr 2008, 09:33 (Ref:2189965)   #50
NewsStalker
Veteran

They may have had 'the competitors interests at heart' but this also had the effect of alienting some simply because the 'rules were bent' to accomodate anyone and everyone - so the playing field wasn't always level (sort of like the football field in the outer eastern Melbourne Suburbs recently where it was the council at Silvan had completely re-done the playing field for the kids. And straight after the scores skyrocketed compared to previous years. Turned out when the council put the goal posts back in - they were one complete metre wider than they should have been - thus allowing a few more goals to take place!)