Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 3 Dec 2008, 06:30 (Ref:2346101)   #526
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK
Murphy now says that AM is going LMP at Le Mans for the 40th anniversary of its last win. That's a reversal for the Bear, based on new information.
This and the GT2 Aston for the ALMS are the best news I've heard in a while. Is Dale White involved in the GT2 effort with one of Lord Drayson's Vantage GT2's left behind? I assume the Fux owned Bell DBR9 has seen its' last track. This is my first post on Ten Tenths but I've been visiting for over a year. The content and the members on here are excellent and extremely informative.
Old 3 Dec 2008, 08:10 (Ref:2346129)   #527
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wellcome Canada ALMS fan
Old 3 Dec 2008, 08:29 (Ref:2346137)   #528
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome, hope you will have a good time, on the greatest forum in the world
Old 3 Dec 2008, 11:36 (Ref:2346300)   #529
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Good news that AMR still have a budget. The 600 headcount reduction doesn't include all the CONTRACT staff they have taken on over there, you know. This could be nearer 1500 jobs going.

It should make my commute easier, anyway. I get stuck, crossing the flow to AM and JLR, every morning!
Old 3 Dec 2008, 16:21 (Ref:2346478)   #530
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
mattcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis
For lazy people (and important enough to be quoted anyway):

Err, have I lost my mind, or has the selection that you quoted in your post been removed from the entry that you linked to? All I see about AM is where he states that one is possible for ALMS GT2...
Old 3 Dec 2008, 16:41 (Ref:2346492)   #531
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Umm... correct, it is removed.
Old 3 Dec 2008, 16:53 (Ref:2346508)   #532
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan
This and the GT2 Aston for the ALMS are the best news I've heard in a while. Is Dale White involved in the GT2 effort with one of Lord Drayson's Vantage GT2's left behind? I assume the Fux owned Bell DBR9 has seen its' last track. This is my first post on Ten Tenths but I've been visiting for over a year. The content and the members on here are excellent and extremely informative.
I thought Barwell were bring both Vantage GT2's back over to Europe, because they want to get two entries in the LMS?

Tom.
Old 3 Dec 2008, 16:54 (Ref:2346510)   #533
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
So no AMR LMP1 it seams...
Old 3 Dec 2008, 16:57 (Ref:2346513)   #534
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
mattcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Let's hope that its removal was an error and not a bad sign...
Old 3 Dec 2008, 17:06 (Ref:2346522)   #535
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Whole paragraph about Aston LMP is removed and also the last paragraph about GT2 is slightly altered, now it says "There may even be an Aston Martin", previously it said "...Aston Martin, but it may be one less of something else" if I remember correctly.

Sadly doesn't look like an error... Bear had misunderstood?

Last edited by deggis; 3 Dec 2008 at 17:10.
Old 3 Dec 2008, 17:11 (Ref:2346527)   #536
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So your saying there might be a works Aston LMP1 in the pipe line still?
Old 3 Dec 2008, 17:27 (Ref:2346539)   #537
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
So your saying there might be a works Aston LMP1 in the pipe line still?
How 'works' was Charouz, once the initial design was completed. Who funded this and the day to day running of the team?

For example, could a Lola customer buy/lease an engine from Aston Martin, just as they would from Judd/AER
Old 3 Dec 2008, 17:30 (Ref:2346542)   #538
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is the impression i got from the EI article on the Speedy run Lola-Aston (the ex-Charouz #1 car) - implied they would get support from Aston, probably on similar terms to Judd would supply an engine.
Old 3 Dec 2008, 17:38 (Ref:2346552)   #539
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Whole paragraph about Aston LMP is removed and also the last paragraph about GT2 is slightly altered, now it says "There may even be an Aston Martin", previously it said "...Aston Martin, but it may be one less of something else" if I remember correctly.

Sadly doesn't look like an error... Bear had misunderstood?
Yeah, a little queer, that, ehh? Somebody didn't like the smell of that scat!

L.P.
Old 4 Dec 2008, 01:37 (Ref:2346967)   #540
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
If there would be an LMP1 Aston , I presume it would be built by Lola ?

Will Aston Martin/Prodrive keep up engine development for Sebah ?
Old 4 Dec 2008, 01:40 (Ref:2346969)   #541
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

That TWiKen bear is stirrin up some hot poop now !!!
Old 4 Dec 2008, 23:19 (Ref:2347685)   #542
deggis
Veteran

Finland
What Bear did is puzzling. Would be quite odd mistake for him... so I'd like to believe someone really spilled the beans.
Old 4 Dec 2008, 23:55 (Ref:2347698)   #543
The Badger
Veteran

He is staying strangly quite to this question ..... avoiding it , it seems !!!
Old 6 Dec 2008, 02:25 (Ref:2348593)   #544
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
He is staying strangly quite to this question ..... avoiding it , it seems !!!
Did you mean, "quiet"?
Old 6 Dec 2008, 02:28 (Ref:2348594)   #545
The Badger
Veteran

Yes ..... and your still quite !!!
Old 8 Dec 2008, 13:35 (Ref:2350267)   #546
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Some sites such as f1-live are speculating that David Richards is eyeing F1 again, and one of the candidates to buy Honda F1. I wonder is there really any proof for this (Nick Fry said all three parties were "foreign", Richards wouldn't be foreign) other than Richards and Prodrive was previously eyeing F1...

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...06151824.shtml

If Prodrive would go F1, that would surely mean the end of LMP plans. I'd hate that.
Old 8 Dec 2008, 16:55 (Ref:2350361)   #547
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Astons LMP1 plans are back on, does that mean we should expect the final epic GT1 battle to not happen?
Old 8 Dec 2008, 17:29 (Ref:2350384)   #548
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In my opinion, with regard to Prodrive, everything will depend on Max Mosley.
David Richards will certainly want to get into F1 but will wait up to ask him to "please" to enter the F1. Rumors point to another exit, and then when things have these complicated Mosley will be less demanding and then maybe Prodrive enter in F1 .

If this happens IMO,Aston Martin LMP 1 does not go ahead.
There are dificult day´s ahead but ENDURANCE will survive, and will be stroger in near future, so I hope.
Old 8 Dec 2008, 19:45 (Ref:2350449)   #549
fish88
Racer

Netherlands
fish88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy
If Astons LMP1 plans are back on, does that mean we should expect the final epic GT1 battle to not happen?
I rather see Aston in GT1 IMO, the GT1 battles are the best at Le Mans since Corvette vs Prodrive, no other class can tip on it IMO.
Old 8 Dec 2008, 22:07 (Ref:2350533)   #550
deggis
Veteran

Finland
I'm not a subscriber but there's this at DSC:

"News Coming Of A Significant Le Mans Programme
For Aston Martin With Gulf Backing"

Last edited by deggis; 8 Dec 2008 at 22:12.