Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 17 Sep 2009, 19:05 (Ref:2542980)   #1526
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
JayBMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport Print ed reports the same. almost word for word.

they also say audi may pull out if the new aero regs mean the have to scap the R15
Old 17 Sep 2009, 19:11 (Ref:2542983)   #1527
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBMS View Post
Autosport Print ed reports the same. almost word for word.

they also say audi may pull out if the new aero regs mean the have to scap the R15
Audi will just race it in the ALMS, while working on an aero package that would legalize it for Le Mans. As it seems they also plan on a new car for 2011.

L.P.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 20:26 (Ref:2543034)   #1528
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Audi will just race it in the ALMS, while working on an aero package that would legalize it for Le Mans. As it seems they also plan on a new car for 2011.

L.P.
But Audi would be none to happy to be excluded from the 24.

Back on topic, If Aston Martin was able to sell their 2009 cars to teams who want to race them next season, who would be interested - Speedy, Highcroft?
Old 17 Sep 2009, 20:52 (Ref:2543058)   #1529
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
I think I heard speedy was getting judd power
Old 17 Sep 2009, 21:42 (Ref:2543089)   #1530
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post

Back on topic, If Aston Martin was able to sell their 2009 cars to teams who want to race them next season, who would be interested - Speedy, Highcroft?
Firstly, I stated they would work on an aero package so they could race at Le Mans.
Secondly, I will be suprised if this is strongly enforced, if at all, in an interim, single, year. It seems it will be awfully expensive for every team to comply and may be re-thought. We shall see.

L.P.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 22:02 (Ref:2543097)   #1531
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if Kolles might be looking to replace his Audis.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 22:43 (Ref:2543118)   #1532
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post

Highcroft would be great for a full season! We need to get at least one of those Astons in the ALMS, even if only for Sebring and/or Petit.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 23:03 (Ref:2543131)   #1533
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Highcroft would be great for a full season! We need to get at least one of those Astons in the ALMS, even if only for Sebring and/or Petit.
I'd rather see Patrón Highcroft back in the Acura!!!!!

L.P.
Old 18 Sep 2009, 00:01 (Ref:2543154)   #1534
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I'd rather see Patrón Highcroft back in the Acura!!!!!

L.P.
It would be interesting to see the Lola Aston in the Patron livery. But this is all just supposition. How about Patron Highcroft Lola Aston and de Ferran Acura x 2? It sounds like Acura may be gone completely though so the Highcroft idea might not be that far fetched...
Old 18 Sep 2009, 06:46 (Ref:2543227)   #1535
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I believe that it is an apples and oranges comparison though. The Rally effort is as a contractor to the mfg., (in the past Subaru) where Prodrive is paid for their services. The AMR relationship, is as a partner with Aston. Which are quite different scenarios from one another.

L.P.
Its all still money into Prodrive. Aston have always said the racing costs them nothing, so I would guess that prodrive are making a return from Gulf and the sale and servicing of P1 engines.

Prodrive is not a charity, its turning a buck somewhere, and as long as money can be made it will run in whatever series it feels able.
Old 18 Sep 2009, 12:31 (Ref:2543362)   #1536
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
didnt gigawave say they wanted a P1?

they may be too tied up with NISMO next year.
Old 18 Sep 2009, 13:11 (Ref:2543381)   #1537
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I reckon what we will see , Is Speedy Racing running two of this years Aston LMP1's next year .
Old 18 Sep 2009, 15:06 (Ref:2543445)   #1538
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
I do not think that will be the case.

L.P.
Old 18 Sep 2009, 15:22 (Ref:2543454)   #1539
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
Quote:

L.P.

Same here, dont know who would take them up though, shame drayson had a bad time with the Vantage, i would still like to see them put more effort into that.
Old 18 Sep 2009, 15:22 (Ref:2543455)   #1540
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
while I think the prospect of an aston LMP1 running in the ALMS would be fantastic, I think based on the fact the engine has been developed around the E10 race fuel for the LMS series - it will not be competitive against the cars running E85........they are allowed a 17% bigger restrictor and are reported to be pushing 800bhp.......this is why John Fields car is a missile........I do not expect the Astons or Orecas to be able to pull the high trap speeds that the intersport or Autocon cars are capable of........if Aston does beat these teams (which will probably happen!) it wil most likley be due to a better handling car, better aero and dare I say better drivers.

I will be surprised if Aston and Oreca turn up at PLM with cars capable of running E85, as thats a major re-work program.
Old 18 Sep 2009, 16:22 (Ref:2543480)   #1541
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
Amr arnt going to plm
Old 19 Sep 2009, 13:08 (Ref:2543853)   #1542
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AX lover View Post
Charouz is selling the car, I don't know what AMR will do next year.
Rumour is that charouz is selling up with the intention of moving into F1, using the Renault team as a front to gain an entry.

Dave Richards would run the 'new' team.

Could be nothing more than a rumour, but stranger things have happened.
Old 19 Sep 2009, 13:52 (Ref:2543860)   #1543
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

L.P.
Why not ?

They have said that they want to enter 2 Lola LMP1's in the LMS .

Charouz already run their LMP1 . With the Charouz ties to the factory I think that my suggestion is fairly logical , plus Charouz have their car for sale , which I suspect is the Speedy car , or not ?

If you want to win badly enough , you need something that nobody else has .

Whats your suggestion then ?
Old 19 Sep 2009, 15:23 (Ref:2543889)   #1544
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Why not ?

Charouz already run their LMP1 . With the Charouz ties to the factory I think that my suggestion is fairly logical , plus Charouz have their car for sale , which I suspect is the Speedy car , or not ?

Money!!! Mainly.
Also the rules for 2010 make the Judd or AIM a better choice for engine as the homologated engines are being reeled in. And the monies being asked for the single used car is exhorbitant, and I would guess that the engine and spares packages would be somewhat inflated also. I also got the impression from the MWM show from Lola (4-#39) that Hugh Hayden was more of a Lola guy than AMR (just my impression).

As to who will pony up those type of £, €, ¥ or $ is beyond me.

Hell, they couldn't get the Lord to buy one, he went Lola/Judd, and he was an AMR partner team!

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 19 Sep 2009 at 15:43.
Old 19 Sep 2009, 16:57 (Ref:2543914)   #1545
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Rumour is that charouz is selling up with the intention of moving into F1, using the Renault team as a front to gain an entry.
Is Charouz THAT rich?
Old 19 Sep 2009, 17:48 (Ref:2543933)   #1546
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Why not ?

The Speedy car is B08/60 HU01 and the car for sale is B08/60 HU02. It's the car that Charouz ran for the final 2 races of the year in 2008 and they used it at Le Mans, and the final 2 LMS races this season as an Aston Martin.
Old 19 Sep 2009, 19:22 (Ref:2544004)   #1547
Mirage M6
Racer

Mirage M6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems that AMR has already sold number 007 and 009:

http://translate.google.es/translate...hl=es&ie=UTF-8

Ferdinand Porsche
Old 19 Sep 2009, 19:40 (Ref:2544014)   #1548
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage M6 View Post
Seems that AMR has already sold number 007 and 009:

http://translate.google.es/translate...hl=es&ie=UTF-8
No news there I'm afraid - This was David Richards back in February

“One important part of the package is that the two factory cars are already pre-sold to private collectors (who wish to remain anonymous). They will go to their new owners after the season is complete."
Old 19 Sep 2009, 21:13 (Ref:2544044)   #1549
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Deggis, he may be that rich, but I doubt he's that stupid!
Old 19 Sep 2009, 22:14 (Ref:2544069)   #1550
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359 View Post
I wonder if Kolles might be looking to replace his Audis.
For what purpose? If you can neither drive nor engineer effectively what you've got.....?