Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Aug 2005, 16:05 (Ref:1385631)   #1
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fernando Alonso, World Champion 2005

The frontcover of Autocourse always shows a picture of the world champion.

Pre-publicity shots are out for this years edition.....

More details on the story at www.pitpass.com
Old 18 Aug 2005, 16:08 (Ref:1385639)   #2
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I still think they might have to change that...
Old 18 Aug 2005, 16:19 (Ref:1385649)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It remains to be seen really. If Kimi wins and Alonso fails to score in Turkey, things are close again - if Alonso wins and Kimi drops out we're back to ALonso being on the brink. With a new circuit and a lot of variables, either of those outcomes are possible.
Old 18 Aug 2005, 16:31 (Ref:1385659)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice to see the cover has reverted to how it was before last years debacle.

Hopefully we get back the 30 pages that were lopped off as well.
Old 18 Aug 2005, 16:37 (Ref:1385664)   #5
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder what happened of the several thousands of MS' 1997 World Champion caps. It's a shame that I don't know how to attach a picture as I have a nice one somewhere about the Paris 2012 Olympic t-shirts.
Old 18 Aug 2005, 17:03 (Ref:1385684)   #6
QuickSilver
Racer

QuickSilver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a bunch of Leafs t-shirts too ... 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 - (sorry, couldn't resist ... it's a running Canadian joke about one of our hockey teams)

on topic, I still have a few bob riding on Kimi at 7:1.
Old 18 Aug 2005, 17:18 (Ref:1385694)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think this weekend will really be the turning point. Renault need to get their form back otherwise its a slow run down to losing the title.
Old 18 Aug 2005, 18:01 (Ref:1385727)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
On current form Fernando will get the title - he only needs to finish solidly in 3rd even if Kimi wins every race, and McLaren have had at least 1 failure in each of the last 4 rounds. A repeat of Hungary would put the pressure back on though.
Old 18 Aug 2005, 18:33 (Ref:1385742)   #9
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
In terms of probabilities, it seems Fernando is on his way to the title.

However, it is perfectly conceivable that Kimi could win it: all it takes is, say, a couple races where Kimi wins and Fernando retires and whamo.....it is on.

Not necessarily that likely, but entirely possible.
Old 18 Aug 2005, 21:01 (Ref:1385842)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In terms of publicity they should have produced a couple of covers. That would have got them noticed. Will it be a Kimi cover or a Fernando cover. Oh wait they have got us talking about the book!
Old 18 Aug 2005, 21:12 (Ref:1385852)   #11
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver
I have a bunch of Leafs t-shirts too ... 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 - (sorry, couldn't resist ... it's a running Canadian joke about one of our hockey teams)
well at least they haven't planned the parade yet
and by the way alonso's got it cause like my man stevie likes to say,
"When you believe in things that you don't understand
Then you suffer, superstition ain't the way"
Old 18 Aug 2005, 22:24 (Ref:1385921)   #12
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
26 points. It should be close to in the bag for Alonso. And with McLaren's reliability record, things could be sooo close, yet so far, for the McLaren team.

Anyways, Alonso is going to win the World Championship like it or not. Ill tip he will win it by 14-18 points.
Old 18 Aug 2005, 22:32 (Ref:1385931)   #13
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks so refreshing.

They could always get a better picture though of IF he wins.
Old 19 Aug 2005, 08:37 (Ref:1386102)   #14
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I still have all my DC WDC 1996-2004 shirts from when it would be 'his year'

Old 19 Aug 2005, 10:09 (Ref:1386171)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
Looks so refreshing.
Indeed. For the first time in years the cover isn't dominated by dayglo red.
Old 19 Aug 2005, 10:09 (Ref:1386172)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well, not yet anyways...
Old 19 Aug 2005, 12:58 (Ref:1386328)   #17
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not writing Kimi off yet. That boy is a fighter...
Old 19 Aug 2005, 13:24 (Ref:1386356)   #18
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not writing Michael Schumacher off either.
Old 19 Aug 2005, 13:26 (Ref:1386360)   #19
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logrence

Oh, come off it!
Old 19 Aug 2005, 13:29 (Ref:1386362)   #20
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Well I was going to say Coulthard, but that wouldn't have been credible.
Old 19 Aug 2005, 14:41 (Ref:1386407)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Barring any bogus protests Ferrari have probably lost all hope of the title.

But who knows, if Kimi and Alonso crash into each other in every race from now until the end of the season, they are right back in it!
Old 19 Aug 2005, 15:53 (Ref:1386469)   #22
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logrence
agreed MS for president!
Old 19 Aug 2005, 21:05 (Ref:1386653)   #23
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl
agreed MS for president!
Well if Schwarzenegger gets impeached then the German-speaking vote is well up for grabs...or even FIA President...hmm.