Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 14 Nov 2003, 22:35 (Ref:783727)   #1
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Question for our American Readers

Having lived and marshalled in the US I have a slightly different view on this thread. I was just wondering if anyone from "Over-the-Water" recognised this scenario or is it just a global thing that is happening?

cheers all and hope to see some of you in the future.

Thx from this, unfortunately, UK based marshal.

Troubling Thread!!
Old 16 Nov 2003, 01:45 (Ref:784723)   #2
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Actually, I read this and had a bit of a chuckle. Wasn't the Watkins Glen worker group originally circuit-organized?

Also, some groups (USARM?) pay their workers.

keke
Old 16 Nov 2003, 03:03 (Ref:784755)   #3
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do like the corner worker volunteer, for good race seats in exchange.
the SCCA clubs are normally good, even if the corner workers sometimes think they are sooo much better and soooo in it for your safety...I have worked a corner after i have raced and really it is nice, to see the different lines and know when something is a real problem and what not.
Do all corner workers race? they should, do all racers work the station- they should. It is part and parcel of being a national, regional, and local club racer- get involved and make it good for all, Pay workers? right all you are going to get are people who can look the other way, or call poorly, or worse. There should be a love of motorsports in order to work it, why not get paid? because flaging is not in the spirit of payment or the sport. Now local or track safety teams I do prefer- as they know the best ways in and out and should have all their gear at the ready- better than having tired paramedics and firepeople not getting needed rest on their off days.