Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Apr 2003, 06:43 (Ref:554556)   #26
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In my opinion, racing on ovals is more difficult than road racing, thus I believe that , if given a good car, Hornish could be a protagonist in F1.
The problem with him is that he looks much more interested at Nascar than F1
It's a pity because F1 absolutely needs a popular (and winning) yankee to gain interest in US
Old 1 Apr 2003, 08:11 (Ref:554613)   #27
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by climb
In my opinion, racing on ovals is more difficult than road racing
You've GOT TO BE Kidding

No way in hell is it harder to push an IRL Indycar flat out around Michigan then it is to drive an F1 car to the limits at Spa or Monaco
Old 1 Apr 2003, 09:05 (Ref:554650)   #28
bcobbus
Racer

bcobbus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Each type of track is its own beast. They each require special approaches and techniques to driving. I eould feel more intimidated at an oval based on the nice concrete wall waiting for you if you make a mistake!
Old 1 Apr 2003, 09:23 (Ref:554661)   #29
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish we could have a driver in F1. His name is Milos Pavlovic, he has won Italian F3, he's an amazing talent, but he doesn't have a sponsor. And yes, he has the superlicence.

I hope Rob29 doesn't have anything against that.
Old 1 Apr 2003, 09:26 (Ref:554665)   #30
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How did he get the superlicense... ? :confused:
Old 1 Apr 2003, 13:10 (Ref:554876)   #31
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by DNQ
You've GOT TO BE Kidding

No way in hell is it harder to push an IRL Indycar flat out around Michigan then it is to drive an F1 car to the limits at Spa or Monaco
I dont think physically i would be tougher but maybe mentally, so boring so repetative..just round..and round..and zzzzz............BANG
Old 1 Apr 2003, 13:31 (Ref:554889)   #32
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If the cards had fallen diferently, Gordon or Stewart could've ended up in CART or F1. Top NASCAR driver Kurt Busch was within 107% of the fastest time in CART Spring Testing this year, his first ever attempt in an open wheel car, adn both Gordon and Stewart have some experience of them, so, with practice, they could become competitive. Just as I'm sure most F1 guys could at NASCAR. People said Mansell would flop on ovals in CART, yet he won four in his rookie y.ear
Old 1 Apr 2003, 13:33 (Ref:554892)   #33
elf Tyrrell
Rookie

elf Tyrrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't there also a driver raced under the flag of the EU? I can't remember his name.
Old 1 Apr 2003, 17:10 (Ref:555073)   #34
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The countries under-represented in F1 are mainly in Eastern Europe, Asia (including the Middle East) and Africa.

Have there been any Norwegian single seater drivers that have got close to F1?
Old 1 Apr 2003, 18:24 (Ref:555142)   #35
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh, ask our "viking" R.
Old 1 Apr 2003, 19:05 (Ref:555177)   #36
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by elf Tyrrell
Wasn't there also a driver raced under the flag of the EU? I can't remember his name.
Bertrand Gachot.

French father, Belgian mother, Luxembourgois licence, Monegasque residence, British criminal record.

Vincenzo Sospiri also had the Euro******** symbol on his helmet.
Old 1 Apr 2003, 20:11 (Ref:555242)   #37
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by x_dt
Have there been any Norwegian single seater drivers that have got close to F1?
Not really. The closest have been Tommy Rustad (successful Touring Car driver in the BTCC, ETCC, STCC and NTCC, with several championships to his credit) and Thomas Schie (former F3000 and Barber Dodge driver, now converted to rallying).

There is very little sponsorship in Norwegian motorsport, especially tarmac racing, so in reality, the probability of a Norwegian reaching Formula One is very small for the foreseeable future. But our drivers and riders make us proud in other forms of motorsport.
Old 2 Apr 2003, 08:02 (Ref:555597)   #38
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Hardt
I wish we could have a driver in F1. His name is Milos Pavlovic, he has won Italian F3, he's an amazing talent, but he doesn't have a sponsor. And yes, he has the superlicence.

I hope Rob29 doesn't have anything against that.
Why would I? The former Yugoslavia has a long history of racing.I have heard of Milos,and I wish him well.And 'Red'-a win in F3 qualifies you for a super licence.Hundreds are qualified,but only 20 seats in F1.I agree a change in the structure of the sport is needed to enable more countries to participate.
Old 2 Apr 2003, 08:18 (Ref:555605)   #39
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob29
And 'Red'-a win in F3 qualifies you for a super licence.
"Qualifies". That does NOT means that you have one. You also have to have a signed contract with a Formula 1 team.
Old 2 Apr 2003, 12:16 (Ref:555824)   #40
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Milos is a great driver and one of the nicest guys around. I wish someone would support him.
Old 2 Apr 2003, 13:35 (Ref:555931)   #41
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The government promised some help...but that was before the state of emergency.

There are a couple of clubs of his supporters who are trying to get enough money needed for his participation. I wish they could make it. Changes are always interesting.

Rob29, what kind of a change could make F1 more open to other countries than the usual ones?
Old 2 Apr 2003, 13:53 (Ref:555948)   #42
Mr Hahn
Racer

Mr Hahn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bcobbus
In reallity if there is to be another American to be in F1 any time soon, it will probably be either: Townsend Bell is in F3000 this year, or perhaps Phil Hill's son Derek who is also in F3000 this year. Other drivers in the Red Bull program might see some action in the future also.
Hahahaha! If Derek Hill gets into F1, then there is something very wrong.
Old 2 Apr 2003, 15:56 (Ref:556110)   #43
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree, Derek Hill is lousy by F3000 standards, there's no way he should be chosen to drive for a team in F1.
Old 2 Apr 2003, 18:01 (Ref:556253)   #44
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by golem
I found out Sri Lanka has a race driver. First non Japanese to race in the GT series over there and made it on merit and slowly working his way through series. From the article I remember he set up a small school in his home country and tried to raise motorsports profile in the country.

But I can't remember his name... argh.
The name of this driver is Dilantha Malagamuwa, and also raced in Formula Nippon during 1997-98.
Old 2 Apr 2003, 18:04 (Ref:556257)   #45
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Derek Hill steps up to F1, it will be surely in a black or/and yellow car (or black, yellow and red car of the German Grand Prix racing).
Old 2 Apr 2003, 18:16 (Ref:556275)   #46
mathieu
Rookie

mathieu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
Why we should put one driver per country ?

I think the countries with most tradition in F1 are well representated with more than one drivers.
No, if we considered that France is the cradle of motorsport:
First ever race in 1894 Paris-Rouen, the "Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile" in Paris and the "Accords de la Concorde",also very important thing as the word "Grand Prix" and of course the most beautiful race of the world "Le Mans".
France need one more driver. It's obvious.
OK not 4 drivers as U-K or Germany, wich are the present home of F1 circus but 2 as Italy is "fair"( Do you know why Monza was built ? ).
Old 2 Apr 2003, 18:46 (Ref:556313)   #47
Matthopps
Racer

United Kingdom
Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Matthopps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mekola
The name of this driver is Dilantha Malagamuwa, and also raced in Formula Nippon during 1997-98.
Can you imagine murray getting his vocal chords around this guy?!
Old 2 Apr 2003, 20:08 (Ref:556400)   #48
mathieu
Rookie

mathieu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mais que devient Quéquette ? Dis moi Quéquette si tu est encore parfois parmis nous exprime toi, ça reste sympa de se parler entre francophone. Allez a plus...
Old 2 Apr 2003, 20:11 (Ref:556401)   #49
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by mathieu
No, if we considered that France is the cradle of motorsport:
First ever race in 1894 Paris-Rouen, the "Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile" in Paris and the "Accords de la Concorde",also very important thing as the word "Grand Prix" and of course the most beautiful race of the world "Le Mans".
France need one more driver. It's obvious.
OK not 4 drivers as U-K or Germany, wich are the present home of F1 circus but 2 as Italy is "fair"( Do you know why Monza was built ? ).

Ok, I agree with that.

Does anybody know how many F1 championships for each country ??
Old 3 Apr 2003, 05:00 (Ref:556779)   #50
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
Does anybody know how many F1 championships for each country ??
Great Britain 12
Brazil 8
Argentina 5
Germany 5
France 4
Austria 4
Australia 4
Italy 3
Finland 3
USA 2
Canada 1
New Zealand 1