Old 19 Oct 2002, 20:21 (Ref:408162)   #26
QuickBrownFox
Racer

United Kingdom
Hailsham, East Sussex
QuickBrownFox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by pinki
we had the pleasure of Mr Evil Pumpkin Woman today and he failed to produce one accident at his feet, promises he will try harder tomorrow
You forgot to turn the magnet on!

Seriously, a Porsche had a small fire in its rear end. It stopped at Clearways, at which time 2 teams from seperate posts combined as one to save the rear end of the car (very, very grateful driver). I'm not going to name names in case any of them are shy, but 2 of the guys were not Brand's BRSCC regulars - they just pitched in and got on with the job. It made very impressive viewing, and it was just a shame that the camera's were not switched on, as it would have been a good training tool.
At some meetings this year, there would not have been enough course marshals to go in 2 + 2 (with a spare 2 as back up), so the driver is more fortunate that he may have at first realised!
Old 19 Oct 2002, 20:49 (Ref:408179)   #27
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was on 22a, post opposite, and as a trainee it was the closest I had come to a fire,although by the time we are able to get over to help it was out, the team work was great and the fire put out quickly without to much damage to the car. The driver was very grateful and thanked everyone for their hard work. I had a very busy day on 22a and really enjoyed it. Hope you all have a good day tomorrow, I will be at Snetterton for the 750MC.
Old 20 Oct 2002, 18:59 (Ref:408766)   #28
garagegirl
Racer

garagegirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by QuickBrownFox
And you can even practice your French (speaking!) on some of them.
there were french drivers? why wasnt i informed, i need some practice.

anyway it was a good festival (i think). i enjoyed it at least. not as much rain as i was expecting
Old 20 Oct 2002, 19:01 (Ref:408768)   #29
garagegirl
Racer

garagegirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by QuickBrownFox
You forgot to turn the magnet on!

no but he pulled one of my friends off today, first lap. oh well, he can try again next year
Old 21 Oct 2002, 08:31 (Ref:409056)   #30
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
MagnetOn

Quote:
Originally posted by pinki
Okay, quick update on friday and saturday. Nothing much to report from Post Three though we had the pleasure of Mr Evil Pumpkin Woman today and he failed to produce one accident at his feet, promises he will try harder tomorrow
Sunday - bit more to do - magneton has a reputation to maintain after all. Ok, so we peaked a bit early, but it's always good to have nothing to clear up from the last race of the day.
the four? tententhers on post 3 (me,Pinki,Magneton and stephen sutton) all had a great day, great teamwork from all the guys on post.
So, despite Pinki's favourite Mr Clucas (apparently) taking off Mr Barber and ruining what could have been a brilliant final race, a damn good day was had by all.
Old 21 Oct 2002, 08:39 (Ref:409060)   #31
Novice
Racer

England
Rochester, Kent
Novice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great action at post 5 as well, lots to do. We had our own magnets in the form of Snaper Baz and Jeff Bloxham. Thanks to all on posts 5 and 6 for some pleasurable company and great to meet Evil Pumkin and Magneton over the weekend. EP had the habit of attracting the visiting Irish drivers into the gravel.

We hatched a plan to kidnap Alien Marshal but didn't manage it.
Old 21 Oct 2002, 12:34 (Ref:409212)   #32
TwoSheds
Veteran

England
Farnborough, UK
TwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: MagnetOn

Quote:
Originally posted by Bodysnatcher
Sunday - bit more to do - magneton has a reputation to maintain after all. Ok, so we peaked a bit early, but it's always good to have nothing to clear up from the last race of the day.
the four? tententhers on post 3 (me,Pinki,Magneton and stephen sutton) all had a great day, great teamwork from all the guys on post.
So, despite Pinki's favourite Mr Clucas (apparently) taking off Mr Barber and ruining what could have been a brilliant final race, a damn good day was had by all.
Had a good day on post 24 until Clucas took out Barber. IMO Barber was taking the normal racing line and Clucas just tried to go into a gap that wasn't there. Clucas then knocked Barber across the track straight into the tyre wall opposite while he (Clucas) continued on. All this happened as they were approaching the stationary yellow flag I was displaying for the car which had gone off the previous lap (Barber only just missed it on his way to the tyre wall). Post 24 course/incident guys did a good job (including having to cross the track when a gap in the cars was available, before the red flag came out).

Didn't think the second part of the final was as good as the first part was building up to.

It was great to finally meet EvilPumpkinWoman and MagnetON. And BS, thanks for the beer afterwards in the Kentagon.
Old 21 Oct 2002, 14:03 (Ref:409271)   #33
Stoowert
Veteran

Zimbabwe
Caterham, Surrey
Stoowert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

It really pains me to say this, but wasn't this years FFF a total waste of time?
The Caterham Festival, 2 weeks before was more like the true spitit of the festival. The last weekend could have happened without the Zetecs.
Old 21 Oct 2002, 14:12 (Ref:409277)   #34
Stoowert
Veteran

Zimbabwe
Caterham, Surrey
Twosheds: Why did 2 marshals cross the track from 24? From 10 we could see marshals closing in from 1 and 23A. I doubt if they watched "Motors Legends" on Motors TV. It covered the 1978 F1 season, which included the Brazilian GP. To the marshals uder 60, A marshal was killed crossing the track, the bottle he was carrying killed the driver.
Old 21 Oct 2002, 14:36 (Ref:409293)   #35
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Hmm, it was a rather lightweight festival, however a good race meeting nonetheless. So Stoo, not a total waste of time, but, judging by spectator numbers and kentagon attendence, an event that has pretty much run it's course.

Zetecs, pretty much as they have been since their introduction were too few in number to provide a great spectacle. After what, 8? years aren't there enough cars in circulation? Where have all the preceeding years cars gone? Can't club racers afford them or is it they just cant be arsed to take on the big boys.
The King of Kent races were, lets face it really historic and/or clubmans stuff ( a kind of amalgamation of the other 1600 races) - nothing wrong with that. At least they were Formula Fords.

Special saloons - hmm, Saturday good, Sunday bad
Sports 2000 etc - big fields of clubby racers enjoying themselves, but were they entertaining us?
Zippy cars - zzzzz - bring on Bungle and George.
T cars - well, the kids have to learn somewhere
Old 21 Oct 2002, 14:58 (Ref:409304)   #36
Stoowert
Veteran

Zimbabwe
Caterham, Surrey
I think the zetec numbers might have something to do with the licence required. I believe it's international. Don't quote me as paperwork brings me out in a rash!
How about a festival for T cars & Zips? I listened to Brian & Robin saying what good racing they produce. I must look up "good" & "Racing" in the dictionary!
Old 21 Oct 2002, 17:34 (Ref:409429)   #37
QuickBrownFox
Racer

United Kingdom
Hailsham, East Sussex
QuickBrownFox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Stoowert
How about a festival for T cars & Zips
........to run on the kart circuit behind the Kentagon? That would spice it up a bit.

Last edited by QuickBrownFox; 21 Oct 2002 at 17:34.
Old 21 Oct 2002, 18:14 (Ref:409452)   #38
Barry Pomfret
Racer

Barry Pomfret should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I headed down to Brands to spectate on Sunday, (after competing at Snett. the previous day),and felt that all the marshals working the Paddock and Druids area deserve a big pat on the back for their efforts during the day.I spent the day wrapped in warm clothes at the exit of Paddock and was particularly impressed with the speed and professional way they dealt with the numerous incidents during the day,not only was it miserable weather to be standing out on the bank but they also lost their lunch break! Great work lads, (and lasses.)
Old 21 Oct 2002, 18:19 (Ref:409454)   #39
Brushpusher
Racer

Brushpusher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It really pains me to say this, but wasn't this years FFF a total waste of time?
The Caterham Festival, 2 weeks before was more like the true spitit of the festival. The last weekend could have happened without the Zetecs.
Stoowert,

Sorry, didn't realise that it was you as our Observer and that Dennis and I couldn't entertain you more on Post 10, we tried our best jokes to liven up the meeting.

I agree with you that the Caterham's were far more fun and will do them again. Top observing on our post, especially when the circuit got damp, however your joke material needs a little work.

Cheers,
Tony.

Last edited by Brushpusher; 21 Oct 2002 at 18:21.
Old 21 Oct 2002, 19:24 (Ref:409525)   #40
Novice
Racer

England
Rochester, Kent
Novice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Barry Pomfret
felt that all the marshals working the Paddock and Druids area deserve a big pat on the back for their efforts during the day
Thanks for your kind words Barry it means a lot to us.

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry Pomfret
but they also lost their lunch break!
We were meant to have a lunch break?
Old 21 Oct 2002, 20:05 (Ref:409583)   #41
rick vaux
Racer

rick vaux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The marshals crossing the track to get to Barber, had a clear view in which to do so, they had no choice, our marshals from post 1 were strugling to get along the bank, and i use the word bank very loosly,post 23 were on route, and Barber was not really in a hurry to get out.
We ARE told not to cross the track, but good to see common sence prevailed...

Stoowert....did you miss us on Sunday !!!!
Old 21 Oct 2002, 22:09 (Ref:409728)   #42
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to also thank the guys and girls who had a long,cold and damp day on Sunday. We had a hot drinks urn set up in the paddock if you did get a lunch break but of course that did not happen. Sorry to see that our Sunday race was judged "bad", at least all the starters finished despite the spins. We tried to get a reasonable cross section and variety of cars, or was the race too long. It was originally scheduled for 25 laps each day but we asked it to be reduced to 20.
Old 21 Oct 2002, 22:23 (Ref:409739)   #43
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Hi folks,

Just got home - courtesy of Ryanair who's flight times are to be considered more of a guideline than a rule!

Will post in more detail tomorrow but just wanted to say that we had an absolutely fabulous time. Some of the races were a little disappointing initially, but were more than made up for later on in the weekend with some real nail biters. Big thumbs up to our Irish competitors who made a brilliant showing in the King of Kents and the Global Lights!!!!

A total and heartfelt thank you to all the marshals at Brands for taking such good care of us and making us feel totally welcome and at home all weekend - not just those we knew from ten-tenths but everyone. It was a joy to go to a circuit and to feel so wanted and cared for. Particular thanks to the crew at Post 6 for putting up with me, and to my IO Ian who was absolutely wonderful all weekend. The observer was pretty good too....if we can just break him of his obsession with laundry.....

Alien Marshal had a great weekend too - photos to follow....but right now me and the stinking cold I've developed are going to bed - we'll do the techie uploading stuff tomorrow!!!!!!

*hugz*

EP & MO
x
Old 21 Oct 2002, 22:46 (Ref:409768)   #44
Guisbro Rod H
Racer

Guisbro Rod H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is suspicious! EP & MO, what have you to really been up to!
Old 22 Oct 2002, 12:52 (Ref:410165)   #45
TwoSheds
Veteran

England
Farnborough, UK
TwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Twosheds: Why did 2 marshals cross the track from 24? From 10 we could see marshals closing in from 1 and 23A. I doubt if they watched "Motors Legends" on Motors TV. It covered the 1978 F1 season, which included the Brazilian GP. To the marshals uder 60, A marshal was killed crossing the track, the bottle he was carrying killed the driver.
Quote:
Originally posted by rick vaux
The marshals crossing the track to get to Barber, had a clear view in which to do so, they had no choice, our marshals from post 1 were strugling to get along the bank, and i use the word bank very loosly,post 23 were on route, and Barber was not really in a hurry to get out.
We ARE told not to cross the track, but good to see common sence prevailed...

Stoowert, as rick said...

1) Barber did not appear to be able to get out of the car,

2) It was early in the race and a gap was available.

I agree that crossing the track is not to be recommended, but when needs must AND there is a safe gap it can be done. Don't forget that from the flag "tower" at post 24 we could see the circuit all the way from post 9 and advise the marshals when it was safe.

Last edited by TwoSheds; 22 Oct 2002 at 12:54.
Old 22 Oct 2002, 14:49 (Ref:410219)   #46
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
EP it was a pleasure to 'have' you with us this weekend and to play host tyo Alien Marshal. I hope he enjoyed his time hanging from the hazzard board hook? What worries me is the fact that I have just gotten over a cold

Glad to hear that you and Grant made it home safe and well, sorry I didn't get to have a drink with the both of you. I won't bore you with more tales of laundry
Old 22 Oct 2002, 16:34 (Ref:410292)   #47
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
LOL - ok if anyone is interested in Alien Marshal's trip to Brands, you can find the photos at www.marshalspost.com in the gallery.

There are also pics of Alien Marshal's trip to the London Dungeon.....

Last edited by EvilPumpkin; 22 Oct 2002 at 16:37.
Old 22 Oct 2002, 16:50 (Ref:410311)   #48
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
The crew at Post 6......
Attached Thumbnails
post6.jpg  
Old 22 Oct 2002, 17:42 (Ref:410361)   #49
wickedwitch
Racer

wickedwitch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
The crew at Post 6......
WOW - that's almost as many marshals as we had for the WHOLE Rallycross circuit at Mondello last Sunday.
Old 22 Oct 2002, 17:47 (Ref:410366)   #50
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Well don't forget the photographer as well - that makes 8 - and you should have seen post 5.........

There were 50 odd marshals there for the testing on Friday - and that was the bad day numberwise!