Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Aug 2004, 13:38 (Ref:1067028)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Schuey cruises to record win.

So Michael has that record win. 7 in a row, 12 in a season. Amazing.

But that has to be one of the worst races I have seen in my entire life!

Jesus......
Old 15 Aug 2004, 13:41 (Ref:1067029)   #2
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Congrats
Old 15 Aug 2004, 13:42 (Ref:1067033)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congrats.

At least it gave me time to update the links page on my website. Trouble is, that only took half the "race".
Old 15 Aug 2004, 14:13 (Ref:1067065)   #4
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
only Australi 2004 was worse i think
Old 15 Aug 2004, 14:15 (Ref:1067069)   #5
Shoe-maker
Racer

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Shoe-maker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's an amazing record. Schumacher's fortnightly appointments with the record book continue.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 14:15 (Ref:1067070)   #6
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quite an unbelievable performance by Michael and the gang.

It looks to me like Michael and Ferrari can win for as long as he wants to stay on. There aren't any contenders in this field, just a few pretenders. All these silly season moves we're seeing, in the end, will be meaningless. It's just providing some entertainment really.

One glaring race result that caught my eye, Zsolt the Bolt, was 5 laps down at the end. Simply pathetic...

Danica Patrick
Old 15 Aug 2004, 14:38 (Ref:1067095)   #7
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
only Australi 2004 was worse i think
Er...i can't even remember what happened then!Goes to show how Sh*t f1 is when there's so many dull races that one can't sort through them!
Old 15 Aug 2004, 14:38 (Ref:1067096)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's about as close as I've ever come to switching off a race midway through. I missed the start, so I basically missed the race. Very tiresome indeed, and the commentary didn't help.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 14:41 (Ref:1067100)   #9
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Easily the most boring Grand Prix i've ever seen.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 14:50 (Ref:1067104)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've been dredging my mind and i honestly can't remember a more boring race.

Imola 2002 at least had a daring pass from Felipe Massa for example.

I still recorded the race of course.....whether it is ever watched again remains to be seen.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 14:53 (Ref:1067107)   #11
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I went and washed my car. I though Mark Blundell was worse than James Allen in the small portion I watched.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 14:57 (Ref:1067111)   #12
ooo-arr27
Rookie

England
Bath
ooo-arr27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Schuey...........but boring, fell asleep after lap 3!!!
I can see Schuey's re-written record book to be intact for decades to come (unless he smashes them all next year!!!)
Old 15 Aug 2004, 14:58 (Ref:1067114)   #13
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great drive from Michael..blistering pace..no mistakes.. great win and nice record. I didn't expect so many people to pit before the Ferrari guys..but it goes to show the great job from Ferrari. Little impression made by everyone else.

A boring race everywhere else, but it's more to do with the track than anything else. Get Hungary out.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 15:04 (Ref:1067121)   #14
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
well done to ms/rb and ferrari. they make it look so easy. that said, i'm usually always the first to say what a great race this or that might be and engage in friendly argument (for the most part) with those that say f1 is boring, but hungary was a complete and utter snoozefest. for the first time in ages i tuned out after the first few laps and kept it on only for background noise.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 15:05 (Ref:1067122)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

oo-arr, the records will never be beaten.

For one thing, it doesn't matter, as the records have been cheapened somewhat.

And there will never be such a one-sided era again.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 16:29 (Ref:1067177)   #16
Son of Jor-El
Racer

Son of Jor-El should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
Great drive from Michael..blistering pace..no mistakes.. great win and nice record. I didn't expect so many people to pit before the Ferrari guys..but it goes to show the great job from Ferrari. Little impression made by everyone else.

A boring race everywhere else, but it's more to do with the track than anything else. Get Hungary out.
I wouldn't call it a "great win". MS wasn't exactly under pressure.
However I agree that they did everything right to win and I suppose thats what really counts.

I did enjoy Pantano getting out of shape earlier in the race, when he was under pressure from Massa. Which, personally I found the most entertaining bit. Oh as well as the start.

And yes, Hungary has long been the least entertaining GP for many seasons ('97 and '03 are exceptions), and it should go.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 17:04 (Ref:1067197)   #17
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's part of the reason why it's a great win

The pace MS set yesterday, and at the start of the race was so fast, commentators and many expected them to stop early or run a short first stint. But it turns out that all immediate rivals start to pit before MS. And subsequently, MS went on to lap up to 5th and open a huge gap of 17s up on his own teammate who's on identical strategy..sounds pretty impressive if u ask me

But i'm not going to argue that it's still a boring race.. few action up and down..if any..and few drivers impress.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 17:30 (Ref:1067213)   #18
eein
Racer

eein should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Myself and my girlfriend are devoted F1 fans and continue to follow it through its current 'crisis'. But today, for the first time in almost 10 years of watching F1, I actually turned it off in the middle.

Not only that, but I did so to go to the supermarket to do the weekly shopping - I would normally stick pins in my eyes than go to the supermarket! But I was happy to turn of the F1 and do it today.

We'll contuinue to watch the races (already stopped watching qualifying in favour of the golf course), but I think I will have a 'back up plan' to swtich to.

It is a real shame and we actually felt bad as if we were 'abandoning' our supporters values by turning it off. But to be honest I can't wait until we move house shortly and are able to get cable tv so we can watch other forms of motorsport. We are also talking about using our sunday afternoons to go to more uk events for our 'motorsport fix'.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 17:58 (Ref:1067248)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Are we still finding something to talk about?
Old 15 Aug 2004, 18:01 (Ref:1067253)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by eein
We are also talking about using our sunday afternoons to go to more uk events for our 'motorsport fix'.
Do it! Come over to Spa 18/19 Sept. Entry is free and a whole weekend of adrenelin and petrol including a six hour race on the Saturday night!

You might even get on the pit wall!

You know it makes sense.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 18:03 (Ref:1067257)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Is Spa a UK event though Peter?
Old 15 Aug 2004, 18:06 (Ref:1067267)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by eein
We are also talking about using our sunday afternoons to go to more uk events for our 'motorsport fix'.
You should clearly do this. It can only serve to put F1 in perspective. In more ways than you'd think.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 18:08 (Ref:1067273)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
Is Spa a UK event though Peter?
As a good Belgian friend said of last year. "Zis is zee largest British Club motorsport event on the calendar".

Make yer own mind up.

And I'm racing there too.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 18:11 (Ref:1067277)   #24
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

That'll be the good Belgian friend whose voice you have just slagged off.

Wish I could be there. Free as well.

I wish you well anyways!
Old 15 Aug 2004, 18:17 (Ref:1067287)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Like most Belgians, he's a diamond.