Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Mar 2012, 18:35 (Ref:3038409)   #1401
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugy View Post
Give it a season or two and they will all be back, well not all but most of them. Some big heads there that will want to race at Puke with the Supercars
Name One!
Old 11 Mar 2012, 19:05 (Ref:3038424)   #1402
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Give it a season or two and they will all be back, well not all but most of them. Some big heads there that will want to race at Puke with the Supercars
How do you know the Supercars will want the watered down V8's compared to the ones that have the big following? Example: BNT V8's Facebook page has four hundred and something followers, V8ST Facebook page has nearly 4000 followers - wonder why that is?
Old 12 Mar 2012, 03:25 (Ref:3038609)   #1403
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
How do you know the Supercars will want the watered down V8's compared to the ones that have the big following? Example: BNT V8's Facebook page has four hundred and something followers, V8ST Facebook page has nearly 4000 followers - wonder why that is?
I'd say GB that its because the people who run the NZV8's are a wee bit old and grey and havn't yet discovered 'technology' (like fuel injection and seq. boxes, and facetube etc)
Old 12 Mar 2012, 03:41 (Ref:3038612)   #1404
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
what's the obsession with facebook? V8SC has over 210,000 more likes than ST.. does that mean ST should end their series.. cause they ain't that popular
Old 12 Mar 2012, 03:51 (Ref:3038616)   #1405
Pseudonym
Rookie

Pseudonym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
what's the obsession with facebook? V8SC has over 210,000 more likes than ST.. does that mean ST should end their series.. cause they ain't that popular
Yes.
Old 12 Mar 2012, 07:22 (Ref:3038647)   #1406
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Are you on FB, Promax??
Old 12 Mar 2012, 08:01 (Ref:3038656)   #1407
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
lmao, you aren't part of MSNZ are you? Facebook, pfft, who wants a way to connect with THOUSANDS of fans at any given time...
Old 20 Mar 2012, 07:23 (Ref:3045116)   #1408
Point2
Rookie

Point2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lockwood signs with Tasman as development driver.
Well done Matt!!
Good to see the opportunity arrive with such a great team
Old 20 Mar 2012, 07:53 (Ref:3045124)   #1409
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Point2 View Post
Lockwood signs with Tasman as development driver.
Well done Matt!!
Good to see the opportunity arrive with such a great team
great news!!!!

that boy is going to dent a few egos when he get's a full st drive
Old 21 Mar 2012, 04:11 (Ref:3045764)   #1410
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Don't forget Easter is getting closer and the ST's will be on the track again, I just can't wait. I will be there and I hope everyone else will be able to make it. Unfortunately Promax will not be there, he will be at home a sleep in front of the TV again.

Racing commences on Saturday, but there's a public scrutineering taking place on Goog Friday, at the Bush Inn Shopping Centre on Riccarton Road, from 12.00 to 14.00. Get along there if you can and support New Zealands number one motor racing event.
Old 21 Mar 2012, 09:54 (Ref:3045843)   #1411
isoskim
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
isoskim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
Don't forget Easter is getting closer and the ST's will be on the track again, I just can't wait. I will be there and I hope everyone else will be able to make it. Unfortunately Promax will not be there, he will be at home a sleep in front of the TV again.

Racing commences on Saturday, but there's a public scrutineering taking place on Goog Friday, at the Bush Inn Shopping Centre on Riccarton Road, from 12.00 to 14.00. Get along there if you can and support New Zealands number one motor racing event.
Is this a paid advertisement? Seems like it.

Also, I swear I saw a post on the ST Facebook page today saying that they would be running bonnet scoops/air intakes to try and get engine temps down, but now the post has gone missing?
Old 21 Mar 2012, 18:48 (Ref:3046131)   #1412
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by isoskim View Post
Is this a paid advertisement? Seems like it.

Also, I swear I saw a post on the ST Facebook page today saying that they would be running bonnet scoops/air intakes to try and get engine temps down, but now the post has gone missing?
No my friend. I'm just an eager fan waiting for the next round of ST racing, the first was at HD, it was truly great and well worth going to see.
It was a great change to see some close racing, from the first car to the last car in the field, with some of the best drivers we have produced over recent years, showing their true class, no room for boys here.

I do not do any commercial advertising, but I thought it might be a good opportunity for some of the NZV8 boys to come and get a close up look at a thoroughbred race car. I am sure some of the RMX design team will be there, getting some up to date ideas to put into their pup.

You are correct, there has been a lot of talk about introducing air scoops to the cars, some were experiencing a little overheating at HD. I think it was mainly by the following cars in the feild, which is normal with large fields and close racing.
Old 21 Mar 2012, 20:02 (Ref:3046195)   #1413
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
lmao, you aren't part of MSNZ are you?
nope
Old 21 Mar 2012, 22:03 (Ref:3046240)   #1414
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
the bonnet scoop idea is one that interests me, i.e will they be small grilles or a full on scoop like what you see on rally cars (which would look a bit bung i know!).

The other thing to note as well is that R1 at HD was very warm with ambient air temps hovering abover 26 DegC for most of the weekend. It makes you wonder if the scoops will actually be needed now that we get into the cooler months, and most of the racing is taking place over winter.

Jerico, you, Goat Boy and myself are all in the same boat i think when it comes to this class. There are one or two others as well (Icarus_NZ comes to mind) but they dont post on here as i think they have links to teams. We all have the same opinions on this new and innovative class so its great to see that there are some people on here who are right behind the series....bring on R2 and also the associated TV3 coverage which will be great i'm sure.
Old 21 Mar 2012, 22:11 (Ref:3046246)   #1415
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
the bonnet scoop idea is one that interests me, i.e will they be small grilles or a full on scoop like what you see on rally cars (which would look a bit bung i know!).

The other thing to note as well is that R1 at HD was very warm with ambient air temps hovering abover 26 DegC for most of the weekend. It makes you wonder if the scoops will actually be needed now that we get into the cooler months, and most of the racing is taking place over winter.

Jerico, you, Goat Boy and myself are all in the same boat i think when it comes to this class. There are one or two others as well (Icarus_NZ comes to mind) but they dont post on here as i think they have links to teams. We all have the same opinions on this new and innovative class so its great to see that there are some people on here who are right behind the series....bring on R2 and also the associated TV3 coverage which will be great i'm sure.
It's nice to know we have friends on the thread and we are not alone, yes I also think we have some real good motor racing to look forward to.

It's all go and I am planning to attend every meeting if possible.
Old 21 Mar 2012, 23:50 (Ref:3046282)   #1416
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So can I ask a question, it was raised in the NZV8 thread but thought better to ask it here. Why the different weights for different cars and why do you have to match the weight of the heavy car. Surely you encourage people to build cars light.

In response it said that J Mac had to run more petrol to get the weight up are you not allowed to run lead ballast as I thought positioning the weight would be better than having it slushing round in a gas tank.
Old 22 Mar 2012, 01:34 (Ref:3046313)   #1417
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
good question!
Old 22 Mar 2012, 02:19 (Ref:3046324)   #1418
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck View Post
So can I ask a question, it was raised in the NZV8 thread but thought better to ask it here. Why the different weights for different cars and why do you have to match the weight of the heavy car. Surely you encourage people to build cars light.

In response it said that J Mac had to run more petrol to get the weight up are you not allowed to run lead ballast as I thought positioning the weight would be better than having it slushing round in a gas tank.
There are structural weight differences between Holden and Ford, some teams when assembling thier cars used heavier components than others.
Which has caused some weight difference even between cars of the same make, all cars must weight the same, so there is no advantage from one team to the other.

If my memory serves me correctly, I think Johnny Mac's car was the lightest car in the field, he did try and borrow lead. But I don't think he could get enough in time for the first race.
So he had to put more fuel in the car to make up the weight difference and as you say this slushed around, which caused handling porblems.

I would say that teams will arrive in Ruapuna with some extra lead if required.
Old 22 Mar 2012, 03:28 (Ref:3046335)   #1419
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I would love to go but i aint got a beanie, scarf, ug boots or a willy warmer.
Old 22 Mar 2012, 03:36 (Ref:3046337)   #1420
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
I would love to go but i aint got a beanie, scarf, ug boots or a willy warmer.
Surely it's not that cold there yet?
Old 22 Mar 2012, 04:03 (Ref:3046344)   #1421
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
yes it shouldn't be that cold there but who knows, summer has done its dash and if a southerly comes thru she'll be nippy alright. You gotta watch the nor-wester too as this will ultimately make you loopy

thanks jerico for the info on different weights, that all makes sense
Old 22 Mar 2012, 04:55 (Ref:3046352)   #1422
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Not uncommon for a storm and snow at easter.
SO, you will need winter woolies. But also possibly need singlet and sunscreen
Old 22 Mar 2012, 05:44 (Ref:3046361)   #1423
brown dog
Racer

brown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbrown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post

I think Johnny Mac's car was the lightest car in the field, he did try and borrow lead. But I don't think he could get enough in time for the first race.
So he had to put more fuel in the car to make up the weight difference and as you say this slushed around, which caused handling porblems.
fuel slushing around causing handling problems - first time I have ever heard that excuse used! Please tell me, where did that gem come from?
Old 22 Mar 2012, 06:25 (Ref:3046368)   #1424
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown dog View Post
fuel slushing around causing handling problems - first time I have ever heard that excuse used! Please tell me, where did that gem come from?
The extra fuel load was a porblem and it was alluded to in an interview by Johnny after the first race, he did state that the extra fuel load caused issues handling wise.

Johnny was looking for lead at HD, prior to the first race.

Johnny's car was running all the composite panels and others were not, when all cars are fitted with the new composite panels, then the weight problem will be no more.
Old 22 Mar 2012, 06:47 (Ref:3046375)   #1425
brown dog
Racer

brown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbrown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ah okay, then he thinks the postioning of the extra weight (fuel) was causing handling issues, rather than fuel sloshing around as has been suggested. Thats plausible I suppose. It will be interesting to see how everyone performs at round 2, now that there has been a bit of time to sort through some of the issues.
Closed Thread