Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Jul 2002, 15:09 (Ref:338184)   #1
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jaguar!

in all the excitement of Arrows not qualifying, Montoyas 5th straight pole and Fisichellas huge crash the improvement from Jaguar has gone unoticed!!! Irvine's managed to stick it on 9th! maybe the new aero package has worked, we just didnt get a chance to see how well at silverstone due to the ever changing conditions!
Old 20 Jul 2002, 15:11 (Ref:338187)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
According to www.autosport.com Eddie Irvine thinks that the main reason for his qualifying result is more to do with the tyres than the new aero package!
Old 20 Jul 2002, 15:25 (Ref:338194)   #3
M Coupe
Racer

M Coupe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Another tactful comment from Eddie, looks like his seat will be filled by Jenson next year.
Old 20 Jul 2002, 16:46 (Ref:338251)   #4
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by M Coupe
Another tactful comment from Eddie, looks like his seat will be filled by Jenson next year.
At least the blokes honest to himself, the team and the fans, i find it very admirable!
Old 20 Jul 2002, 16:56 (Ref:338253)   #5
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not always MR V...even though i am big eddie fan myself , i have to say that he isnt always honest , and sometimes just talks complete sh*te just to get himself in the headlines again.

that always disapoints me.
Old 20 Jul 2002, 16:59 (Ref:338254)   #6
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We know it was partially because of the tires. That is no doubt. I dont see Jag leapfrogging BAR, Jordan and Sauber in a single bound. Actually I like Ford, well more than most of the others anyway, you know, U.S. bias.
Old 20 Jul 2002, 17:00 (Ref:338256)   #7
Mr V
Veteran

England
So what your actually saying then is that he's not being honest about the Michelin tyres helping the car more than the new aero package, he's just talking thro his backside to get a double page spread in the news of the world tomorrow!

ya entitled to your opinion man!
Old 20 Jul 2002, 17:03 (Ref:338259)   #8
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No man....i wasnt talking about the tyres situation or anything like that .....i was talking when eddie puts something in the paper that is just total rubbish talk.....the other year he said that Mansell was only half the driver that he is , that cracked me up as as good as eddie is , he aint in Nige's league ......
Old 20 Jul 2002, 17:05 (Ref:338263)   #9
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
No man....i wasnt talking about the tyres situation or anything like that
But i was, or don't you understand plain English?
Old 20 Jul 2002, 17:09 (Ref:338265)   #10
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
you just said he was honest to himself and the fans....well he aint !!!!

i'm a fan , and he sometimes lets his mouth go into overdrive.....and says many things that shoot him in the foot at a later date.......things that are complete rubbish...so judging him by that , he aint always true to his fans because he still says these things..

his critism of the team can be justified , but he does talk complete bo**ox sometimes about many other things.....you must agree....
Old 20 Jul 2002, 17:09 (Ref:338266)   #11
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Remember Magny Cours is a decieving circuit.
It is incredibly smooth even by todays F1 standards and whatever handling problems Jaguar have are not going to show up as much.

Long Straights also benefit the Cosworth motor.
One thinks what the Arrows might have been capable of.
Old 20 Jul 2002, 17:10 (Ref:338267)   #12
alesi95
Veteran

Just to make it sound like I'm not bad mouthing Irvine again I have to say ...

"Good Job anyway Eddie"
Old 20 Jul 2002, 17:13 (Ref:338268)   #13
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
you just said he was honest to himself and the fans....well he aint !!!!

I said he was honest to himself, the team and the fans about the tyres being a contributing factor more than the aero package.

Sato, every couple of weeks you feel the need to follow me around the forum picking an arguement about the silliest things, if it was something major it would be one thing but t's not, it's always the trivial things! Man, you need to get out more!

p.s...wonder if Inigo Montoya still thinks we're the same person
Old 20 Jul 2002, 17:15 (Ref:338270)   #14
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hang on, surely a circuit as smooth as Magny cours is ALL ABOUT HANDLING?? Especially considering this was a "Bridgstone" circuit, the Jag acheivements are even more abmarable. At Silverstone it was wet/dry all weekend so they never really had a chance to dial in a decent set up for an unfamiliar aero package. Now tey seem to have got to grips with it in stable conditions and it's working out well.

Plus which Irvine is an excellent driver and I don't care if no one agrees!!
Old 20 Jul 2002, 17:22 (Ref:338277)   #15
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
MR V , you flatter yourself a tad......if you think that because someone dares to dissagree with you that their prevoking a arguement ....or even following you around , i really think that you need to get out more. Anyway , your post wasnt clearly enough written , so its still your fault !!!

but you gotta agree surley that Eddie does talk dribble quite often in certain situations . I mean , the other year at Ferrari when TGF broke his leg , he still couldnt win the championship with both Salo and TGF trying to help him .,...

Yet i thought Eddie was supposed to be the 2nd best driver in the world ??...

Old 20 Jul 2002, 17:27 (Ref:338284)   #16
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Anyway , your post wasnt clearly enough written , so its still your fault !!!
Do you have a night school near you so you can learn to read better?

Quote:

but you gotta agree surley that Eddie does talk dribble quite often in certain situations . I mean , the other year at Ferrari when TGF broke his leg , he still couldnt win the championship with both Salo and TGF trying to help him .,...
What has not winning the WDC got to do with what he talks about, as for requiring help, sure he need it, then failed, but how many times did he help TGF who then failed? so whats the difference?
Old 20 Jul 2002, 17:28 (Ref:338286)   #17
alesi95
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan
Hang on, surely a circuit as smooth as Magny cours is ALL ABOUT HANDLING??

Surely a car that handles well over bumps is better that a car that doesn't.
Old 20 Jul 2002, 17:37 (Ref:338293)   #18
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v

What has not winning the WDC got to do with what he talks about
man...it has everyhting to do with it , as he keeps telling everyone he's the 2nd best driver in the world ! When it was time to show it , he couldnt ...How could HAKKINEN beat him when Irvine was the 2nd best in the world . And Salo beat him too ,and he was only in the team for 5 mins .

dont you see....he shot himself in the foot big time ,as he does far too often .

that is what i was talking about , sorry i got the wrong end of the stick about your previous post , but i was just trying to make the point that with EDDIE , sometimes i feel the need to look deeper into what he is saying incase he's just spouting out rubbish again , rather than just believing everything he says .
Old 20 Jul 2002, 17:45 (Ref:338298)   #19
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:

he keeps telling everyone he's the 2nd best driver in the world ! When it was time to show it , he couldnt ...How could HAKKINEN beat him when Irvine was the 2nd best in the world .
Because Hakkinen was allowed to go for the WDC from the first race of the season, not like Eddie how was only allowed to go for it from Silverstone. Had Eddie been allowed to overtake TGF at France and been able to go for a better position maybe he would have beaten Mika to the WDC.

Just for the record, I don't personally think that Eddie is the second driver in the world, TGF is, so i don't believe everything he says, also, i haven't said anywhere in this topic that Eddie doesn't sometimes talk s**t, all i have maintained through out this "conversation" is that Eddie has been straight with everyone concerning this weekend and the tyres and aero package!

Lets have a beer

Cheers!
Old 20 Jul 2002, 17:51 (Ref:338303)   #20
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
ok , i will agree with that then .

Beleive me or not , i actually like Eddies driving style alot . I also like the way he doesnt give a damm about who he will upset by what he says , its only the silly stuff that gets right up my nose.

ok ...

I'll have a wriggler with you .

cheers
Old 20 Jul 2002, 17:53 (Ref:338304)   #21
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
ok , i will agree with that then .

Beleive me or not , i actually like Eddies driving style alot .
I know you do man from other posts you've put about Eddie!

Cheers for the wriggler, i enjoyed that!
Old 20 Jul 2002, 18:03 (Ref:338308)   #22
Avid Merrion
Racer

Avid Merrion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nice to see you both being warm to each other .

I remember Irvine's great drive in 1993 at Suzuka . That was something very special .
Old 20 Jul 2002, 22:11 (Ref:338392)   #23
Irv the Swerve
Veteran

Irv the Swerve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
let me get this straight.....

Mr. V ans Sato San are on the same side, they both like Eddie and yet they are tearing strips off each other over something trivial and unimportant (and true)........

northern Ireland springs to mind actually.

just for the record, when eddie said that 2nd best driver in the world thing, i think he was trying to say that Mick was way ahead of the rest and that the other drivers (hakkinen, Irvine, Villeneuve etc...not Coulthard) were all about the same level. He then put himself to the top of that list becasue he is just like that.
I hope he goes to Jordan next year.
Old 20 Jul 2002, 22:53 (Ref:338406)   #24
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would hope that Irvine just goes away. Being a Jaguar fan I was all excited with their entry to F1. But their subsequent signing of Irvine burst that balloon. Jag's problems are to extensive to solve in just one race's time.
Some people are saying that it's not the Jag's areo that's the problem but it's their mechanical grip. ie. the way the chassis maximises the available grip. Something that they are now addressing, but at the moment the conditions available flatter the Michelins, and thus flatter the Jaguar chassis.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 21 Jul 2002, 02:10 (Ref:338507)   #25
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very impressive performance from Jaguar, and about bloody time as well!!!

But those Michelin's were sensational yesterday, so Irvine was only saying what he thought to be the truth. But surely a lot had to do with the continual improvements on the car because PDLR was also very quick.

Could this be the start of a move towards the front of the grid? Probably not, but the signs are good.