Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Mar 2005, 17:10 (Ref:1256102)   #1
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Somewhere over the rainbow
mixxer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Clipsal date change in 2006

Heard over the grapevine last night, that due to an state election the Clipsal 500 will be on a different date, anybody heard anything ?
Old 19 Mar 2005, 20:18 (Ref:1256228)   #2
mmciau
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
mmciau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Election may be coincidental - they are caught up in the shifting of the Adelaide Cup weekend in May being brought forward to March each year from now on plus talk on the Magic Millions Carnival at Morphettville Race Course.

Mike
Old 19 Mar 2005, 21:34 (Ref:1256298)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Actually... there is a calendar issue coming from the Commonwealth Games in Melbourne in 2006 which will likely see the whole calendar turn on its head....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 20 Mar 2005, 00:56 (Ref:1256402)   #4
bloggs
Racer

Australia
Goldcoast
bloggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to the local Rag, its a combo of Adelaide festival, Fringe fest, Magic millions horse race.Adelaide cup, Comm games and Womad and state election all in late feb early march, plus theres talk about limiting the number of events held in the parklands. they are talking about lack of accomadation and traffic gridlock around this time of the year. I say let it all happen at once, it might put a spark into the city of Churches.
one hellava life
Old 20 Mar 2005, 02:36 (Ref:1256426)   #5
mjt57
Racer

mjt57 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Actually... there is a calendar issue coming from the Commonwealth Games in Melbourne in 2006 which will likely see the whole calendar turn on its head....
Including the AGP....
Old 20 Mar 2005, 02:58 (Ref:1256434)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
TC was on #10 a little while ago proclaiming AVESCO has re-signed with Adelaide for another 10 seasons.... presumably they have the date thing sorted out...

The Clipsal is a great event, the sheer number of spectators show that....
Old 20 Mar 2005, 03:01 (Ref:1256435)   #7
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seeing the F1 race is later... Maybe they might push Adelaide a few weeks earlier ?
Old 20 Mar 2005, 03:07 (Ref:1256437)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It depends... it seems TopCat is negotiating with the AGP people to put a HPDC Championship Series round on at the grand Prix next year...
Old 20 Mar 2005, 03:09 (Ref:1256438)   #9
mjt57
Racer

What's a "HPDC" when it's at home?
Old 20 Mar 2005, 03:10 (Ref:1256439)   #10
mjt57
Racer

Quote:
The Clipsal is a great event, the sheer number of spectators show that....
Adelaide's always been a top spot to visit. I used to love going there for the AGP. A trip to Melbourne, for me, is not quite the same thing, even though the track is probably better.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 04:02 (Ref:1256449)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjt57
What's a "HPDC" when it's at home?
Holden
Performance
Driving
Centre....

which is the new sponsor of the V8 Development series...
Old 20 Mar 2005, 05:45 (Ref:1256479)   #12
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Holden
Performance
Driving
Centre....

which is the new sponsor of the V8 Development series...
The Morris' driving training facility at Nerang, Queensland. Wouldn't have thought there was that much money in driver training to make it worth advertising in this manner, but there you go. Poor Paul, a racetrack right outside the team garage front rolladoor and they can't use it.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 05:52 (Ref:1256481)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
With all these drivers complaining that Adelaide is a very hot place to run 2x250km races at this time of year, would it not make sense to try and get this round later in the season, in one of the cooler months??
Old 20 Mar 2005, 05:55 (Ref:1256482)   #14
bloggs
Racer

Australia
Goldcoast
bloggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cooler weather, possible wet weather = smaller crowds = less money for the Cockroach.
one hellava life
Old 20 Mar 2005, 10:31 (Ref:1256734)   #15
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcadore
Wouldn't have thought there was that much money in driver training to make it worth advertising in this manner, but there you go.
Judging by the amount of advertising down the Gold Coast, and the fact the joint is always being used, I'd say it would probably be one of the more profitable race tracks in the land..
Old 20 Mar 2005, 11:19 (Ref:1256801)   #16
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Somewhere over the rainbow
mixxer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Thanks all, I didnt quite get the part about the election forcing a date change.
Old 21 Mar 2005, 00:25 (Ref:1257578)   #17
Head Rev
Racer

Australia
Australia
Head Rev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
March 2006 is going to be busy in Adelaide, as mentioned before there are going to be a number of big events - they all take up accommodation, infrastructure (there are only so many porta loos in Australia), media covergae, corporate money and corporate people) and before you start knocking the corporates, they are the ones who put in BIG money for these events to happen. Having it in late Feb is an option, it can be hot or as it was this year at the end of Feb, very mild. Good luck to those who have to make the decisions, juggling dates, timing, elections, horse races, festivals. Whatever, it's a great 'event' for SA and Adelaide.
Old 21 Mar 2005, 01:35 (Ref:1257612)   #18
amaroo
Rookie

amaroo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having attended the Clipsal for the first time this year, I can assure you it was bloody fantastic, 4 days of all but non stop motorsport, a concert every nite with some of Australia's greatest bands, a city that is pumped and happy to have the event and to top it off the racing was brilliant. I have booked for next year (whenever it is) already and suggest to those that love a motorsport to do the same.

While Im here, Tony C may have some faults and issues, but when was there a CLIPSAL event before him or anything close, and a 4 day motorsport event with racing from 8 am to some day 7pm and 250 000 plus people .......... never. Dont even start me on the ones that say pit stops and safety cars arent needed, Skaife and Lowndes only could turn on a great race because of these, enjoy the SPORT for what it is, racing is racing.
Old 21 Mar 2005, 01:51 (Ref:1257620)   #19
mmciau
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
mmciau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxer
Thanks all, I didnt quite get the part about the election forcing a date change.
Former Premier Bannon virtually won an election in the mid 1980s on the coat-tails of a spectacular F1 Australian GP at the same circuit environs - every body was happy and he used it to the hilt!

Mike
Old 21 Mar 2005, 02:08 (Ref:1257626)   #20
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaroo
Dont even start me on the ones that say pit stops and safety cars arent needed, Skaife and Lowndes only could turn on a great race because of these, enjoy the SPORT for what it is, racing is racing.
Do you mean safety cars in terms of closing up the field, or safety cars in terms of slowing the field for safety?
Old 21 Mar 2005, 03:29 (Ref:1257656)   #21
dynamik gal
Racer

Netherlands
F1 Melbourne, Australia
dynamik gal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Commonwealth Games are March 15 - 26 in 2006, and the F1 in Melbourne will be the 3rd or 4th weekend of April - it will more than likely be the 3rd round for 2006 after Malaysia and Bahrain.

I'd assume that the Clipsal will be a week after the Games in order to give them 2 weeks to get to F1 - if they go.
Old 22 Mar 2005, 09:49 (Ref:1258707)   #22
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
nexy year is the SA state election which is held every four years on the third weekend in march, its in the constitution or something like that.

The warmth is part of what makes the Clipsal so good, lots of fine ladies to admire that wpouldnt happen in june or may