Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 1 Apr 2002, 14:19 (Ref:248981)   #1
Pip
Racer

Pip should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was it as good as it sounds?????

Sadly couldn't make it to Brands, but listened avidly to the sprint race on TOCA Radio. One question - sounded fantastic race, but was it as good as it sounded???? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Old 1 Apr 2002, 14:28 (Ref:248988)   #2
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
who acctually watched it?

does ne1 here get the race live? or at all? *curses oz tv stations*

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 1 Apr 2002, 14:34 (Ref:248992)   #3
Pip
Racer

I don't think anyone does... we certainly don't in England - have the highlights to look forward to next Saturday... don't think I can wait that long!
Old 1 Apr 2002, 14:42 (Ref:249008)   #4
Mygale
Racer

Mygale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
me to , no live pictures in the uk . What happened to the web cam that used to show still pictures from the race on tocatour.com ?
Old 1 Apr 2002, 18:45 (Ref:249197)   #5
Pip
Racer

No idea - TOCA radio cut out about 5 laps from the end of the feature race too so I have no idea what happened!!! Can anyone tell me?? - know final result, but not how it happened...
Old 1 Apr 2002, 19:00 (Ref:249212)   #6
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was excellent!!!

Good fun and exciting to watch. As for the last 5 laps, Priaulx passed Bennett into Paddock(i think).

Rest were pretty much the same, but close on occasions!
Old 1 Apr 2002, 19:07 (Ref:249223)   #7
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul, from my point of view, that was the WORST excuse for racing I have ever seen, I openly admit I am not a fan of touring cars, but surely these guys can race without trying to pushing each other off at each corner? The GT's manage it for an hour

But, it was good to see Andy Priaulx finish 5th, have followed him since he was in Renault Spyders.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 19:08 (Ref:249225)   #8
Pip
Racer

That's what they've always done though...
Old 1 Apr 2002, 19:13 (Ref:249230)   #9
TTT

In my opinion Priaulx is class, that move on Bennett into Paddock was awesome. I hope they get the car going faster so he can challenge the works Vauxhall team !

Old 1 Apr 2002, 19:14 (Ref:249233)   #10
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I heard about Chilton and Harvey in the first race, and sawHarvey and O'Neill in the second, but for me it was close stuff, maybe when I see it on TV I'll think different but I had fun today and enjoyed it all.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 20:02 (Ref:249279)   #11
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Exciting!!

Skipped the Touring cars, for the rallycross at Lydden Hill, now that was exciting!!
Old 1 Apr 2002, 20:45 (Ref:249323)   #12
Erdosfreak
Rookie

Erdosfreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it was great the sprint was the best i have seen for ages 14 retirements
Old 1 Apr 2002, 20:47 (Ref:249326)   #13
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't have a clue how they'll fit all that into the TV coverage this Saturday, but one things for certain - new people to Touring Cars - ie the "F1 is motorsport" fan will be amazed how many passes and how close the 2002 BTCC is !
Old 1 Apr 2002, 21:12 (Ref:249355)   #14
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Pip
That's what they've always done though...
Does that mean that they should always race that way?

Quote:
Originally posted by Pip
the "F1 is motorsport" fan will be amazed how many passes and how close the 2002 BTCC is !
That's only because when the field gets spread out, the Safety car is put out to artificially close the cars.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 21:31 (Ref:249367)   #15
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
My first ever BTCC race today... And I really enjoyed it! the whole day was great The close racing and bumping makes it interesting... although it does mess up ones Fantasy League chalenges LOL

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 21:42 (Ref:249379)   #16
touring fan
Rookie

touring fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought it was really really good today. Much better than the first meeting of last year!!!!!!! Once the BTC touring hondas and protons have had a bit more time to sort their cars it will be even better! I can't wait to see the TV coverage so I can catch up on all the stuff I couldn't see round the back of the track.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 21:53 (Ref:249388)   #17
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
The Honda wasnt too far off the pace in the feature race, Priaulx fastest lap was only a few tenths off the Vauxhalls fastest laps!!!
Old 1 Apr 2002, 22:03 (Ref:249397)   #18
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it wasn't that exciting....
(don't shoot me, the clios were far more exciting...)
Old 1 Apr 2002, 22:07 (Ref:249403)   #19
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
I didn't want to mention it in this thread hehe but the Clios had the best action and the GT's had the most awesome sound imho... I went for a walk through the woods on the GP track while they were busy and omg... just amazing! Cars all around you The sound... just lovely

Last edited by Cougar21; 1 Apr 2002 at 22:16.

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 22:10 (Ref:249405)   #20
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
it wasn't that exciting....
(don't shoot me, the clios were far more exciting...)
Ah yes!!! Buxton pulled a great move into paddock hill bend!!!

And there were a couple of big hits too!
Old 1 Apr 2002, 22:28 (Ref:249417)   #21
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Clios were almost terrifying.

The touring car race was one of the best I've ever seen. Yes, there was contact, but there were also plenty of good passes and some phenomenal avoidances. Notably that Honda which got crossed up entering Paddock and got missed by a hairsbreadth by the Alfa.

As for safety cars - well, there were too many of them in my book, but only because the timetable overran and made a mockery of the historic Group C race at the end of the day - a 4 minute "endurance race", I ask you. But it wasn't only the touring cars that summoned the cautions and the resulting field bunching, was it?
Old 1 Apr 2002, 22:45 (Ref:249428)   #22
Tim.Lad
Racer

Tim.Lad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Brands was fantastic i was disappointed with the Hondas/ protons but was well impressed with the 406`s well done VLR .... if you din`t go you missed out big time
Old 2 Apr 2002, 00:15 (Ref:249473)   #23
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ive always thought the clios were more exciting than the actual touring car races and i'm a big touring car fan. it's fun seeing how many of them will actually make it to the end of the race!
Old 2 Apr 2002, 01:52 (Ref:249510)   #24
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like a good race, I'll be doing my best trying to follow the series from these forums, but it's so hard when we dont even get a second of footage the whole year on any TV station.
Old 2 Apr 2002, 08:00 (Ref:249631)   #25
jase
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by TimD
As for safety cars - well, there were too many of them in my book, but only because the timetable overran and made a mockery of the historic Group C race at the end of the day - a 4 minute "endurance race", I ask you.
The only real reason for the overrunning was a VERY serious F3 startline incident that took a longtime to clear. There was debris everywhere.

Quote:
[/B]But it wasn't only the touring cars that summoned the cautions and the resulting field bunching, was it? [/B]
I'll grant you that other series had the safety car out, but it should be used to assist the recovery of vehicles and clearing of incidents not to neutralise a race.