Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Jun 2006, 12:38 (Ref:1629207)   #26
Owain Shaw
Rookie

Owain Shaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The works Aston Martin DBR9s with the painted nose rims. Now the Corvettes are dominant I find myself wanting them to do better and stem the tide of wins for the yellow cars.

Last edited by Owain Shaw; 7 Jun 2006 at 12:41.
Old 8 Jun 2006, 09:24 (Ref:1629804)   #27
Karsten Krogh
Rookie

Denmark
Aalborg
Karsten Krogh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cars i liked.

I thought The French Venturi where beutiful (not very fast though)

Lotus Esprit was beutiful and fast (Lotus whats going on with your modern cars . Somebody hire a designer)

I allways love to see Ferrari and Lamborghini (It would be nice to see a factory team).
Old 8 Jun 2006, 09:52 (Ref:1629826)   #28
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never thought I'd love Mazda 787B. Last minute weight reprieve before 91 race was a key factor in its win, and stopped what would have been a glorious Jag 1,2,3.

However, as the years have progressed I have started to love the car - noise, livery, fire
Old 9 Jun 2006, 07:18 (Ref:1630395)   #29
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ wake me up and i'll be back in 1989 with the wonderful Group C cars.........
Seen these cars and they leave me empty compared to prototypes of the 60s, 70s and 80s. Get a life and go and see the Historic Group C championship.
Apologies - didn't realise we were only ever allowed to enjoy the cars that you like....

Old 10 Jun 2006, 14:00 (Ref:1631163)   #30
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm another for the Rafanelli Lola B2K/10 - that Lola was an ugly car and there have been many teams like Rafanelli but they all seem to come together - with a nice paint job, and just had something about it
Old 10 Jun 2006, 22:18 (Ref:1631361)   #31
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The crazy looking 1993 Allard J2X completely fits this topic for me.

When I first saw it I thought it was ugly, like someone'd merged a Harrier jump jet, an F1 car and Dick Dastardly's racer together. However, the more I looked at it the more I saw it's beauty, and realised how eccentrically wonderful it looks..
Old 11 Jun 2006, 14:46 (Ref:1631688)   #32
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
...looks like something that Bentley got their design ideas from...
Old 11 Jun 2006, 17:29 (Ref:1631800)   #33
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
we did a feature on it last year - it caused an argument between two leading LMP designers - one said it was the inspiration for all current cars - the other said it wasn't.

Whichever is true the J2X (which never got a coat of paint) is one of the most innovative cars ever built
Old 11 Jun 2006, 18:27 (Ref:1631832)   #34
Shotteh
Rookie

United Kingdom
Harrow, London
Shotteh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As usual, mulsannecorner has a great article about it.

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/allardj2x.html

I had never seen this car before, but I must say it is utterly gorgeous and it's a real shame that it didnt get the development it so desperately needed.
Old 13 Jun 2006, 18:46 (Ref:1633751)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That Allard was drop-dead gorgeous in my eyes!!
Old 13 Jun 2006, 18:46 (Ref:1633754)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins

Whichever is true the J2X (which never got a coat of paint) is one of the most innovative cars ever built

I thought I saw a photo of it in MOMO (red and yellow) livery?
Old 13 Jun 2006, 20:19 (Ref:1633811)   #37
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
[off-topic]

After the MOMO Ferrari I no longer heard much about MOMO (except the Logitech MOMO steering wheels). Are they no longer involved in sponsoring autosport?

[/off-topic]
Old 13 Jun 2006, 21:05 (Ref:1633835)   #38
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
There are pictures of it in plain red, but I presume that's by a later owner of the car, who probably didn't ever race it...?
Old 14 Jun 2006, 08:51 (Ref:1634104)   #39
NickC
Rookie

NickC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kremer CK5, Grid Plaza, Aston Martin Nimrod, Lola T600/610, Lancia LC1, the Lucky Strike Argo, Rondeau M4 something (the one that was rubbish), Ascari, first incarnation of the Lister.

Just a few off the top of my head. Can you tell when I first started getting into endurance racing?

I just seem to be drawn to the (generally) outclassed underdog.

I also like the odd !! looking designs.
Old 14 Jun 2006, 08:53 (Ref:1634105)   #40
Integra
Rookie

Belgium
Heusden-Zolder
Integra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari 550 Maranello, first I couldn't stand it, because it was winning everything, one or two years later it's my favourite GT ever made.
Old 14 Jun 2006, 09:29 (Ref:1634131)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
[off-topic]

After the MOMO Ferrari I no longer heard much about MOMO (except the Logitech MOMO steering wheels). Are they no longer involved in sponsoring autosport?

[/off-topic]

Isn't MOMO Gianpiero Moretti's company? I assume he's now retired from racing. BTW - I still have my lovely MOMO Force steering wheel.......
Old 25 Jun 2006, 20:33 (Ref:1641075)   #42
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I think it did run in Momo colours somewhere once, I had a picture of it infact.

The car's now in America, run by Toad Hall Racing.

There are some nice pictures of it here
Old 25 Jun 2006, 22:18 (Ref:1641164)   #43
Tec-Mec 60
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lincoln, UK
Tec-Mec 60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its a relatively new one and possibly an odd one, but i thought the Lambo mucielago R-GT was very ugly when i first saw it. i thought of it as another one of those cars that'd feature for a year or so then just disappear... but then i heard it! i fell in love with that noise and saw the car for the first time at silverstone earlier this year. i was surrounded by people at le mans last week that had never heard it before. due to its poor pace it was always in traffic and the noise of it was always masked by a porsche or a spyker. it finally came round on its own as we stood at terte rouge in final qualifying on the thursday night. as it screamed away down the mulsanne on its own, people's jaws dropped all around me! by the end of the race its what most people regarded as a highlight of the weekend. still not a pretty car despite being in unpainted carbon fibre, but i now love it.
it may not compare to the mazda rotary and some of the other engines of the past, but right now it stands out above everything else for me.
Old 25 Jun 2006, 22:27 (Ref:1641178)   #44
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I had "issues" with the diesel powered Audis at first but ...

To me, at least, that is one very, very nice looking car.
Old 26 Jun 2006, 08:54 (Ref:1641397)   #45
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
There was a Momo-liveried show car at the NEC Autosport International show shortly after the car was first announced.
Old 26 Jun 2006, 14:27 (Ref:1641675)   #46
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL
That very noisy wailing banschee Mazda thing. Howling the night away

It had 3 very rapid F1 drivers who seemed to want to thrash the whatit's of it so they could go home as soon as it broke !

However it held together and only after 23 3/4 hours they realised they had it won and reduced the revs by a semi quarter of a tad.
anybody have any pics or audio of the mazda? wasnt lucky enough to have had access to racing programmin back then so only seen little pics of it in traffic and never had the chance to hear it run.
Old 26 Jun 2006, 14:43 (Ref:1641690)   #47
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
try www.youtube.com search under Mazda Le Mans