Kovalainen 0 0%
Glock 1 1.01%
Other 1 1.01%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 Nov 2012, 21:00 (Ref:3168066)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Race - US Grand Prix

The driver of the race is...
Old 18 Nov 2012, 21:03 (Ref:3168069)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I have no doubt that everyone will say Alonso, but his team mate took the pain, got demoted 5 places yet still finished 1 place behind, so, Felipe
Old 18 Nov 2012, 21:10 (Ref:3168071)   #3
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nah. Hamilton. Kept the pressure on until it mattered, and didn't crack afterwards.

My opinion, obviously, others are available but mine is right
Old 18 Nov 2012, 21:12 (Ref:3168072)   #4
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hamilton, easy decision.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 21:18 (Ref:3168080)   #5
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mort for taking the drop and finishing 1 place behind his boss
Old 18 Nov 2012, 21:19 (Ref:3168082)   #6
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hamilton,

Big shout to Massa and JB

Perry McCarthy
Old 18 Nov 2012, 21:20 (Ref:3168083)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The driver of 2012: Lewis Hamilton.

Storming performance once again.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 21:21 (Ref:3168086)   #8
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Lewis was on a blinder..
Old 18 Nov 2012, 21:23 (Ref:3168087)   #9
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
FastDB2s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso & Ferrari, wonderful decision at the beginning to keep the title alive, then Hamilton who stopped Vettel from picking his championship early. Hopefully Alonso will win it next weekend
Old 18 Nov 2012, 21:26 (Ref:3168089)   #10
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDB2s View Post
Alonso & Ferrari,
I don't honestly know how someone can post this without a smilie !
Old 18 Nov 2012, 21:26 (Ref:3168091)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
I have no doubt that everyone will say Alonso, but his team mate took the pain, got demoted 5 places yet still finished 1 place behind, so, Felipe
Seething.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 21:30 (Ref:3168095)   #12
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah I think probably Hamilton for passing Webber and Vettel after Vettel was expected to dominate the race. Even though it was only because of the "idiot" backmarker, doubt Hamilton would ever have got past him after that.

Then Massa for coming from 11th to 4th and only seven seconds behind Alonso. Alonso got lucky at the start as the rest fumbled around on the inside, he was in the right place, but he would have got up to 3rd regardless of what happened to them, as he had the car pace. Massa though was still 10th after the first lap and had to actually pass everyone.

I don't like seeing Button get DOTR, but he came from 15th on the first lap to 5th, that was pretty good.

Schumacher 5th to 16th, I wonder if the car was having problems. He'll be looking forward to retiring I'd say.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 21:33 (Ref:3168101)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It was a funny old race on the whole for people either rising meteorically all of a sudden or dropping like stones.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 21:48 (Ref:3168114)   #14
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Felipe for out-qualifying his team-mate by a country mile and then coming in very close to him after the team forced him to shift backwards.

Very nearly Kimi for that single balls-out move on Hulkenberg through the "Maggots-Becketts" complex, but it didn't quite come together in the end. Very good from Lewis as well
Old 18 Nov 2012, 22:11 (Ref:3168122)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought the Kimi move was good too. And I liked how Kimi raced. He could overtake and knew how to be overtaken. Great battle with Button too. I would like to vote Kimi, but I think it will have to be Lewis, because he's French.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 22:23 (Ref:3168131)   #16
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Massa because he's American and deserved it!
Old 18 Nov 2012, 22:47 (Ref:3168147)   #17
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
DOTR- Hamilton for actually passing Vettel, I tire of him driving away while Webber holds back his competitors. Hamilton passed both of them. Double Red Bull passing made me smile. Massa and Alonso had good races as well. And Button also. Ricciardo drove up to 5th on hard tires, but he fell back after his stop. It was a good race.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 22:57 (Ref:3168156)   #18
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Hamilton drove well (with help), Vettel did all he possibly could (without help), Button, Ricciardo good too and Raikonnen had no luck (from his team) but settled on the bloke who decided the race result.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 22:57 (Ref:3168157)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Webber..

For perhaps confirming to us that the alternator issues could be the reason his KERS fails every chance it gets...

There is always next year
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 18 Nov 2012, 23:16 (Ref:3168164)   #20
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I gave it to Hamilton, because he did drive exceptionally well, but I don't think he would have got past Vettel if Seb hadn't been delayed by Karthikeyan, but I guess that's the rub of the green.

Apparently Kimi has broken a couple of records today. The most number of consecutive race finishes (19) in a season and the greatest number of racing miles covered. Not a bad comeback.

The Lotus race report is interesting: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104381
Old 18 Nov 2012, 23:20 (Ref:3168165)   #21
alfettafan
Rookie

alfettafan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Felipe !! Home win in Brazil coming up.....
Old 18 Nov 2012, 23:34 (Ref:3168171)   #22
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
Hamilton drove well (with help), Vettel did all he possibly could (without help), Button, Ricciardo good too and Raikonnen had no luck (from his team) but settled on the bloke who decided the race result.
Vettel without help???? I think having a Red Bull is quite a lot of help actually.

Hamilton driver of the race for me. His unique lines through the fast sweeps kept him in touch with the Red Bull, only to lose out to the better traction of the Red Bull at the start of the straight and in the tight section. Getting past Vettel's wing-man early was also key.
Magnificent drive.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 23:34 (Ref:3168172)   #23
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
It was a toss-up between Button and Felipe, and I went with Button, as he was looking so lonely on this poll.

After all those bonehead moves in 2007-09, pushing too hard when he could only lose, lying to the stewards, and all that bad-mouthing of and disrespect to the team, publicly over the radio and on camera, I don't know that I can give Lewis a DOTR award!

The same goes for Alonso, after threatening blackmail on Ron Dennis, the mess at Singapore in 2008, and then there's something about his attitude and vibe that just rubs me the wrong way!

(And I hope Vettel gets his third title, putting him in indisputable company with Brabham, Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, and Senna! It's NOT the car! There are clearly some people who just don't like him, and I see NO fathomable reason WHY there would be THAT MUCH vitriol towards him! Three-in-a-row for Vettel, and let the doubters weep and gnash their teeth!)

Last edited by Purist; 18 Nov 2012 at 23:50.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 23:48 (Ref:3168181)   #24
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted for Hamilton but memorable races have been driven by both Massa and Button. Surely a Felipe Massa in this shape will be an asset to any team.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 23:55 (Ref:3168184)   #25
Kaf1274
Rookie

Norway
Kaf1274 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went for Massa, for a great drive with lots of purple times and impressive recovery from being relegated 5 places.