Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 Dec 2013, 10:25 (Ref:3346569)   #1
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Libra Radical LMP2 EcoBoost Turbo V6

It seems Ian Dawson is getting the Libra LMP2 team together for a 2014 entry, heres some bits and pieces I found around the net below. It seems they have already done the Sebring and Daytona tests, the car was about 4 seconds off the nearest prototype car in the last session at Sebring, so close-ish, but some way to go still......both Robbie Kerr and Nicolas DeCrem seem quite experienced.

Lets hope the engine is now properly mapped, it looked like it was a real handful in its first race at Leguna Seca, chuffing black smoke everywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj-biJ-tTDY

https://twitter.com/libra_racing

http://t.co/6Oz11Ks5

http://t.co/rZnupqIh

enjoy!.

Last edited by knighty; 21 Dec 2013 at 10:40.
Old 21 Dec 2013, 15:27 (Ref:3346655)   #2
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They are On the reserve list, so even if they get in I question if They will have the funds.

The ecoboost engine does seem fast in the dps, it maybe what the bmw was at daytona last year.maybe there's a reason why ganassi made the switch besides money.
Old 21 Dec 2013, 16:11 (Ref:3346664)   #3
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I would love to see this car on the grid. The effort at the years seemed more put together than in the past. They might not win anything (if they get in) but these are the types of efforts i have grown to alternate in sportscars.
Old 21 Dec 2013, 17:10 (Ref:3346688)   #4
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They are in a risky position, different engine and different chassis. They have duplicated the technical nightmares. It will be great if they can deliver a competitive package.
Old 22 Dec 2013, 14:37 (Ref:3346949)   #5
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
LMAO ..... wonder how many air miles that car has covered ?

I will believe it when I see it . I seem to recall a Dawson driver telling us off a couple of years ago by being negative towards this effort . He never did come back and admit we were correct !!!

Looks ok I guess ..... already 5 seconds off the slowest P time ..... Im bubbling with excitement !
Old 22 Dec 2013, 18:48 (Ref:3347015)   #6
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Which would be only 2s off the slowest P2 time, no? And quicker than the Mazda. In fact, given Speedsource's history last year I'd wager on Libra covering more ground than the P2 Madzas should they both race at Daytona.

I'm playing devil's advocate though...
Old 22 Dec 2013, 19:54 (Ref:3347035)   #7
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Which would be only 2s off the slowest P2 time, no? And quicker than the Mazda. In fact, given Speedsource's history last year I'd wager on Libra covering more ground than the P2 Madzas should they both race at Daytona.

I'm playing devil's advocate though...
From what I saw last year with the Speedsource cars, it could be that going P2 is somewhat over their heads, not to mention the engine really doesn't seem to be anything special either.

Perhaps they should have stayed with what they have done reasonably well in the past......rotary enigine, GT class.
Old 12 Jan 2014, 19:15 (Ref:3353147)   #8
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Any word ..... are the supposed to be doing the Tudor series ?
Old 12 Jan 2014, 23:28 (Ref:3353251)   #9
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They're on the reserve list, Dagys said they were less likely than the Starworks reserve though