Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Feb 2014, 14:46 (Ref:3370396)   #151
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The GTS class features:

o- 7 Chevrolet Camaro, including Lawson Aschenbach (1st in 2013), Andy Lee (4th) and Tony Gaples (7th).
o- 11 Ford Mustang, including Alec Udell (6th), Brad Adams (9th) and Jack Roush Jr.
o- 2 Audi TT for Don Istook and Colin Cohen.
o- 4 Aston Martins Vantage for Nick Esayian (8th), Drew Regitz, Jorge de la Torre and Mark Klenin.
o- 2 Kia Optima for Mark Wilkins (3rd) and Nic Jonsson (10th).
o- 2 Lotus Evora for Jim Taggart (12th) and Scott Dollahite.
o- 2 Nissan 370Z for Brian Kleeman and Ric Bushey.
o- 3 Porsche Cayman for Jack Baldwin (2nd), Buz McCall (14th) and Ernie Jakubowski.
o- 1 Scion FR-S for Robert Stout.
o- 1 BMW M3 E46 for Scott Bove.
Old 20 Feb 2014, 22:09 (Ref:3370528)   #152
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Heh, were those mclaren stats published by the daily mail?
Old 21 Feb 2014, 00:29 (Ref:3370564)   #153
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
The GTS class features:

o- 7 Chevrolet Camaro, including Lawson Aschenbach (1st in 2013), Andy Lee (4th) and Tony Gaples (7th).
o- 11 Ford Mustang, including Alec Udell (6th), Brad Adams (9th) and Jack Roush Jr.
o- 2 Audi TT for Don Istook and Colin Cohen.
o- 4 Aston Martins Vantage for Nick Esayian (8th), Drew Regitz, Jorge de la Torre and Mark Klenin.
o- 2 Kia Optima for Mark Wilkins (3rd) and Nic Jonsson (10th).
o- 2 Lotus Evora for Jim Taggart (12th) and Scott Dollahite.
o- 2 Nissan 370Z for Brian Kleeman and Ric Bushey.
o- 3 Porsche Cayman for Jack Baldwin (2nd), Buz McCall (14th) and Ernie Jakubowski.
o- 1 Scion FR-S for Robert Stout.
o- 1 BMW M3 E46 for Scott Bove.
That is incredibly embarrassing for a series trying to make itself seem professional.
Old 21 Feb 2014, 01:59 (Ref:3370574)   #154
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
That is incredibly embarrassing for a series trying to make itself seem professional.
I don't get it.
Old 21 Feb 2014, 02:11 (Ref:3370575)   #155
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
That's a car that's at least 8 years, and two model generations old.
Old 21 Feb 2014, 02:18 (Ref:3370576)   #156
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree but that's my favorite BMW so I give it a pass.
Old 21 Feb 2014, 03:32 (Ref:3370587)   #157
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
That's a car that's at least 8 years, and two model generations old.

One ancient model amongst many new and very current racing brands isn't really enough to discount the entire GTS classes credibility, is it?
Old 21 Feb 2014, 03:44 (Ref:3370589)   #158
Cheyne
Racer

United States
Warrenton, VA
Cheyne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The E46 M3 is only eligible for 5 races max per season. Along with several other cars that include old Mustang FR500S, Lotus Exige S, and BMW Z4. Mainly these cars are in GTS to encourage club racers to step up that race them in Touring classes at the club level. In the past couple of years at the Runoffs they have awarded entries into GTS and Touring for T2 and T3 class. Touring also has cars that are similar.

Cheyne
Old 21 Feb 2014, 03:56 (Ref:3370591)   #159
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
I thought the problem was the CEO of the series was racing.... didn't even realize it was an old car. Could you imagine Atherton out there? I'm sure nobody would rough him up.....

-mike
Old 21 Feb 2014, 13:01 (Ref:3370667)   #160
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
I thought the problem was the CEO of the series was racing.... didn't even realize it was an old car. Could you imagine Atherton out there? I'm sure nobody would rough him up.....

-mike
That's what I thought the reference was too. In fact, this seems like a bigger concern than having an outdated BMW.
Old 21 Feb 2014, 14:07 (Ref:3370690)   #161
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
I didn't even know that was the CEO.
Old 21 Feb 2014, 14:11 (Ref:3370691)   #162
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
He raced in the series before, going by his results so far there's hardly any conflict of interests...

http://www.driverdb.com/drivers/scott-bove/career/
Old 21 Feb 2014, 17:12 (Ref:3370729)   #163
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
I think it's awesome that he's out there. If some of the IMSA officials actually entered some of the races they probably wouldn't do half of the mentally handicap things they've been doing lately.

-mike
Old 21 Feb 2014, 21:28 (Ref:3370804)   #164
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
St. Pete and Long Beach Entry Lists.

Looks like the Reiter Lambos won't be at Long Beach unless they get one of the last four promoter invites. German media made it sound like St.Pete was going to be a one/off, anyway.
Old 24 Feb 2014, 14:07 (Ref:3371601)   #165
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't remember anyone complaining about the Ford GT's when they were at Lemans...
Old 24 Feb 2014, 14:47 (Ref:3371613)   #166
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Actually, you could already build some fantastically expensive cars under the WC rules. The ACS Mustangs from some years ago were suppossed to have cost well North of $1000000. Also the first-gen Caddy CTS-V was at the time the most complex car ever build by P&M and apparently more expensive than the contemporary C5.R.
I believe those K-PAX Volvos were pretty darn pricey too... carbon fibre all over as I recall.

Not that I'm complaining, I loved those things. But McLarens? That will be fine too, thank you very much.
Old 28 Feb 2014, 16:40 (Ref:3373249)   #167
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
St. Pete and Long Beach Entry Lists.

Looks like the Reiter Lambos won't be at Long Beach unless they get one of the last four promoter invites. German media made it sound like St.Pete was going to be a one/off, anyway.
Correct, disappointed to see another 458 and Mustang on the list while we could have had (one of) the Lambo(s)

The final four teams confirmed for entry into the LB race are:

GT/GT-A
Tomy Drissi, GT, Chevrolet Corvette, Blackdog Racing
Nick Mancuso, GT-A, Ferrari 458 GT3 Italia, R. Ferri Motorsport

GTS
Drew Regitz, GTS, Aston Martin GT4, TRG-AMR
Will Hunholz, GTS, Ford Mustang, SpeedTrixx

see http://www.world-challenge.com/news/...x-weekend.html

Anyway, great entry lists all together, PWC is booming in it's 25th anniversary year!
Old 28 Feb 2014, 16:47 (Ref:3373251)   #168
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Correct, disappointed to see another 458 and Mustang on the list while we could have had (one of) the Lambo(s)
As far as I know the Lambos are only entered for St. Pete-- no use wasting a grid spot for them if they aren't planning to show up. :-)

But I'm with you, either way the car and driver lineups are a huge improvement over last year (not including me btw, but there's some fast mofos this year!).

I'm trying to work out something to get a lot of video and info about the race weekends up online. If anyone plans to be at any of the races feel free to get ahold of me, I'd be happy to show you around the car!

-mike
Old 28 Feb 2014, 18:18 (Ref:3373285)   #169
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Apologies if you've answered this before Mike, but is there any difference between GT and GTA in car terms and, assuming not, what criteria determine you as being in the former rather than the latter (not saying it should be either, just wondering on what basis it's judged)?

Thanks for your speed comparisons from Sebring by the way, really good reading.
Old 28 Feb 2014, 19:59 (Ref:3373314)   #170
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Apologies if you've answered this before Mike, but is there any difference between GT and GTA in car terms and, assuming not, what criteria determine you as being in the former rather than the latter (not saying it should be either, just wondering on what basis it's judged)?

Thanks for your speed comparisons from Sebring by the way, really good reading.
The only differences between GT and GTA is the driver ranking. Cars are identical, we all get the same number of tires each weekend and the same amount of track time.

I'm only in the GT class because if there's no advantage (track time, faster car, or more tires) to being in the GTA class, I'd rather race straight up against the Pros. I don't care about the trophies.

-mike
Old 28 Feb 2014, 22:48 (Ref:3373382)   #171
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
I miss that spirit, you gave me a smile to read that answer.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 00:03 (Ref:3373396)   #172
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Are the CRP Nissan's GT3 spec or the old WC GT spec?
Old 1 Mar 2014, 00:55 (Ref:3373415)   #173
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Saw KPax ad on DSC for their Volvos. Some serious money for some serious hardware.
Old 5 Mar 2014, 00:04 (Ref:3375118)   #174
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
K-Pax racing doing some shakedown testing of their new 12C GT3's at Estoril.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icn6Kt45f8k

Looking forward to the first race!
Old 7 Mar 2014, 09:45 (Ref:3376068)   #175
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Newest addition to the entry list for St.Pete: Michael Bartels in a Vita4one Z4 GT3.