Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 27 Oct 2000, 20:30 (Ref:45238)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
It's that time of year again folks - the season is drawing rapidly to a close What should we do with those long, cold, dark winter months ? Something a little different...

I've already suggested it to Invader and Danielsun, but neither have said yes (they don't know what they'll be missing!), so it looks like i'm going on my own...

Date: Sunday 12th November
Time: 18.00
Event: Banger World Championship + Stockcars

If any of you have been to an oval meeting, you'll know what awesome entertainment they can be - and this is the biggest meeting of the year - promises to be simply superb!

Anyone care to join me there ? If you're worried about the cold, the main grandstand is enclosed... so no excuses there...!
Old 27 Oct 2000, 20:37 (Ref:45244)   #2
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wimbledon - that's bloody miles away!!!
Banger racing - isn't Tim interested
Old 27 Oct 2000, 20:40 (Ref:45245)   #3
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
No it's not... it's 20 minutes up the A3. Silly moo.

Asked Tim the other day - he said he'd be delighted to go to an all BMW meet, but he doesn't appreciate the others (he'd rather see old wrecks put in a crusher than go out in style )
Old 29 Oct 2000, 23:18 (Ref:45763)   #4
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He'd actually prefer to see the old wrecks that truly aren't saveable being carefully parted out to maintain their brothers that are.

Aww shucks, it appears that I have a cracking good bonfire party booked for that particular evening, and so tragically I shall be unable to attend.

But beware. Not only are there Maestro owners on your forum, Craig - but also fanatical members of the Ford Granada Enthusiasts Club.

Be afraid - be very afraid...!
Old 7 Nov 2000, 20:47 (Ref:47243)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
OK, you miserable old buggers, i'll be going on my own then...!!
Old 9 Nov 2000, 00:16 (Ref:47472)   #6
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, Craig. I've got my family coming over for dinner. I'm gonna have to give this one a miss.
Old 9 Nov 2000, 18:19 (Ref:47628)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark

If I said that Danielsun was going, would that help change your mind ?
Old 13 Nov 2000, 15:38 (Ref:48183)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Well, seeing as it didn't change your mind, i'll just say what a great evening it was!! And we got out alive which is a result...
Old 13 Nov 2000, 18:35 (Ref:48203)   #9
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And didn't we get our money's worth!! Hehehe...

Wonderful night, I must say, Craig!!
Old 15 Nov 2000, 22:45 (Ref:48495)   #10
Lorna
Veteran

Glad you two had a good time. Soz I missed it. Still would like to see banger racing if you are going again.
Old 16 Nov 2000, 11:41 (Ref:48572)   #11
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Lorna
Still would like to see banger racing if you are going again.
If I start driving MINIS! then you may get to see more banger racing than you expected

P.s. MINIS! MINIS! MINIS! MINIS! MINIS! MINIS! MINIS! MINIS! MINIS! MINIS! MINIS! MINIS! MINIS! MINIS! MINIS!

So there.
Old 17 Nov 2000, 00:15 (Ref:48699)   #12
Lorna
Veteran

MINIS!

I was told to say that, by the way
Old 17 Nov 2000, 21:11 (Ref:48810)   #13
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
What's the big thing with MINIs now, Chris?

Are you going to buy one to take on the might of -- um -- well, bent Jaguars? Sorry, Tim...
Old 17 Nov 2000, 22:48 (Ref:48819)   #14
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
To those who fancy taking in the exciting sport which is short oval racing, there are a number of opportunities coming up...

And, especially for TimD and Maisie, there ARE meetings which don't actually feature bangers at all...

How about 26th November - Best Of Britain meeting at Wimbledon ?

National Hot Rods (cool!)
Superstox (kinda like a armoured up CART )
Stock cars (if you like BTCC you'll love these!!)
2.0 Hot Rods (haven't seen these - they were 1.6 last time I saw them...)

6pm kick off - and a tenner a throw...

There are more... let me know if anyone's interested!
Old 18 Nov 2000, 19:48 (Ref:48890)   #15
Lorna
Veteran

Soz, Craig. After my enthusiasm earlier today, I have just realised the date of that one. Won't be able to make it.
Old 3 Dec 2000, 13:54 (Ref:50910)   #16
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
That's OK Lorny... after spending Friday at yours, Saturday at Southport and the daylight hours of Sunday at Brands, I didn't make it either... which is a bit of a bugger as it was apparently a pukka meeting...

There's another good'un on 27th December if you've had enough of the Christmas spirit by then... Looks very promising... anyone ?
Old 3 Dec 2000, 17:43 (Ref:50928)   #17
Lorna
Veteran

Some of us have to work that week, Craig
Old 3 Dec 2000, 18:37 (Ref:50947)   #18
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
When and where is that other good'un on, Craig? I'll try for that one. Only if Tim will go though...
Old 12 Dec 2000, 19:33 (Ref:52122)   #19
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
That'll be the 27th December, Dan. Another Wimbledon meeting... Tim won't go - it's BANGERS! Figure Of Eight under 1800cc and SS, Superstox English Championship, Stock Cars and 2.0 Hot Rods...

There's another on 1st January, which i'm not even gonna consider

And then there's 21st January - Wimbledon again (!) - National Hot Rods, Superstox, Stock Cars, AND Reliant Robin racing... Ask Invader how much fun they are... Note there's no bangers on this card... maybe TimD would be up for that ?
Old 12 Dec 2000, 19:39 (Ref:52127)   #20
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Depends on whether you reckon a few Reliant Robins ought to be saved for posterity....!

As for the other dates, I'm afraid that Tim is going to be on an island in the middle of the Atlantic, having a wild and whisky-fuelled new year with a gang of good friends.

Pity really, as I'd got this 1999 BMW 530i, a pot of paint and a half a ton of scaffold poles and a welding set, and I was wondering what to do with them all.....
Old 12 Dec 2000, 19:43 (Ref:52131)   #21
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Well, let Dano have it - he could do with a motor...

Reliant Robins ? erm... NO!! hehe! Actually, yes, as long as they're yellow with T.I.T Co. painted down the side...