Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 20 Oct 2002, 18:18 (Ref:408725)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Was all a good fun day in the end... if a bit cold!

A fabulous Kent final led into an eventful Zetec final at the end of the day. Barber led from Clucas until the pair came together just before the start line - causing a red flag and extensive damage to the Van Diemen.

On the restart Clucas was hung out to dry when he went to the outside of Paddock and was clawing his way back up when he ran into the back of Van Lagen which dropped him back once again. At the front it was a battle between Heyland and England - the former taking the win and the latter receiving a 10 second penalty after the event for reasons that I am not entirely sure about.

Final result:

1 Heylen
2 Goransson
3 Van Lagen
Old 20 Oct 2002, 19:41 (Ref:408798)   #2
Novice
Racer

England
Rochester, Kent
Novice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great days racing Craig and good to meet you by post 6.
Old 20 Oct 2002, 20:33 (Ref:408836)   #3
bantam
Rookie

bantam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did feel sorry for Barber talking to him after the race he said it was just one of those things I am gutted. Murray did well for a team owner and Heylan after a good season winning to day makes up for his third in the championship but the driver who did deserve better in my opinion was Clucas if he had not come together with Barber I think a win or second would have been his but thats the joy of the festival
Old 20 Oct 2002, 21:47 (Ref:408882)   #4
blackfalcon
Racer

blackfalcon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how did charlie donelly get on?
Old 21 Oct 2002, 09:25 (Ref:409076)   #5
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cregor. think he was 16th.
Old 21 Oct 2002, 09:33 (Ref:409078)   #6
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
England was apparantly given the penalty for starting out of position on the grid. I followed progress on the MST site as I couldn't be there, but www.crash.net had the news first.
Young Philip Glew did well in the 'Matalan' car. He started the final 17th and finished 8th. He hasn't done much this year in the Avon Juniors so a good result for him. He called me last night and was chuffed to bits!
With only 54 entries though, is it not time to ditch these expensive Zetecs and get back to some REAL FF racing with the old Kents? I remember Festivals with 220 ( Yes 220!) entries. 8 heats, 4 quarters, 2 semis and the final. Breathtaking.
Old 21 Oct 2002, 09:45 (Ref:409086)   #7
dantley
Rookie

dantley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ben was the man of the festival for me, great Semi, and was looking good for a great final result.

Junior boys did well !! ??
Old 21 Oct 2002, 11:08 (Ref:409135)   #8
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 'juniors' did very, very well.
Clucas' overtaking in the semi- round the outside at Paddock was breathtaking. In the final - I thought he might win but seemed unlucky as was Craig Murray who had the pace to win.
Daniel Clarke also looked pretty good, doubtless some megastar style press-release being released today!
Shame Darwin Smith wasn't there in his Mackie car...
Why did they give England the penalty when they did?
It was the first start he got wrong (apparently) and the second start was in the first's finishing order. Why didn't they shuffle him back then? It would have been fairer for everyone. Having said that, his chase of Eddie Van Halen was exciting, especially when they touched entering Paddock for the last time.
A couple of the accidents were quite violent.
Does anyone know if Playle was OK as he didn't look it when he crashed right in front of me, Sue-Ellen, Bobby and Pam?
Old 21 Oct 2002, 17:24 (Ref:409421)   #9
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really pleased to see Barber get out of that car unhurt....did anyone see how badly it was damaged ?....it had one complete side wriiten off !..that was a big stop straight into the barriers !

Clucas in the semi was something , but Daniel Clarke in the semi came from something like 11th to 5th , and done some very good moves also , was really dissapointed for him that the final didnt go his way . Bloody cold though , but then it wouldnt feel like the festival if it wasnt .
Old 21 Oct 2002, 18:30 (Ref:409468)   #10
blackfalcon
Racer

blackfalcon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nice one thanks
Old 22 Oct 2002, 13:13 (Ref:410178)   #11
F1JCB
Rookie

F1JCB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know what happened to Luke Hines ?
Old 22 Oct 2002, 13:41 (Ref:410190)   #12
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hines crashed out inthe semis and then didn't make it through the last chance race
Old 22 Oct 2002, 14:59 (Ref:410224)   #13
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not sure about this...but wasnt Hines just collected by somebody else spinning going into Paddock ?......wrong place at the wrong time .
Old 22 Oct 2002, 18:27 (Ref:410408)   #14
Richard Dean
Rookie

Richard Dean should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, and he wasn't in the last chance race. Also Daniel Clarke didn't do a great job to out qualify Hines, Hines colided with somebody on his second lap of qualifying and had the front suspention out of line and no left hand side sidepod. Not to say Clarke didn't do a good job the rest of the weekend though.
Old 22 Oct 2002, 20:03 (Ref:410509)   #15
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
i didnt know about that about qualifing....but i thought Clarke had a Trully fantastic Semi Final Race ....
Old 22 Oct 2002, 20:42 (Ref:410582)   #16
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
er, don't want to poop on everyone's party here, but anyone said a big well done to jan for winning it yet? as the commentator guy says, no-one ever remembers who came second or third or had a good semi final....
Old 22 Oct 2002, 21:06 (Ref:410637)   #17
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom

Last edited by Sato san; 22 Oct 2002 at 21:08.
Old 22 Oct 2002, 21:10 (Ref:410651)   #18
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
mmmmmmm....well done Jan !
Attached Thumbnails
jan.jpg  
Old 22 Oct 2002, 23:39 (Ref:410784)   #19
bantam
Rookie

Yes, well done Jan in two years time most people will look at the program and will have no recall of how the weekend went apart from seeing the result does any one remember how Webber won his (I do) still feel sorry for Barber he led every lap all weekend until his crash but that’s racing, but all said and done Jan won it, well done!!
Old 23 Oct 2002, 05:29 (Ref:410914)   #20
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
I think Barber led all weekend because his starts were so good off the line .

I dont think he made one bad start at all.
Old 23 Oct 2002, 07:32 (Ref:410963)   #21
Borzacchini
Rookie

Borzacchini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jan Heylen is currently negociating with Fortec for a F3 seat next year.
Old 23 Oct 2002, 07:58 (Ref:410971)   #22
bantam
Rookie

If history is correct I think Haylen Barber and England will carry on in F3 where they left off in FF the year before last Davidson,JC,and Taylor did although last years front runners all suffered money probs
Old 23 Oct 2002, 20:42 (Ref:411624)   #23
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
just going back a bit Hines (apparently) admitted he made a mistake going into Paddock - clouting the rear of Wesley Goodwin which sent him sideways before slicing back accross the track taking out Hines as he tried to pass...may have a few pictures of the incident in Ingear Mag for the Festival report issue though not sure at present.Lets hope that the license thing is eased for next year
Old 24 Oct 2002, 05:39 (Ref:411864)   #24
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by Snapper Baz
Hines (apparently) admitted he made a mistake going into Paddock - clouting the rear of Wesley Goodwin which sent him sideways before slicing back accross the track taking out Hines as he tried to pass
oh , thats fair enogh then , .....

we hadnt seen that , we just see Goodwin spinning and then collecting Hines.
Old 24 Oct 2002, 08:31 (Ref:411931)   #25
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any info on the 2003 cars?