Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Next year I will (chose the closest most likely option)
Watch live on BBC or Sky depending which it is on. 36 32.73%
Watch only BBC live or delayed/highlights. 48 43.64%
Watch only BBC live (live or not bother). 16 14.55%
Not watch, it is over for me. 10 9.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 26 Jan 2012, 13:34 (Ref:3017330)   #1526
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
More good news for Sky viewers. The car launches and pre-season testing are also to be covered.

http://www.pitpass.com/45514-Sky-ann...s-for-coverage
Old 28 Jan 2012, 05:37 (Ref:3018046)   #1527
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
More good news for Sky viewers. The car launches and pre-season testing are also to be covered.

I suppose you could almost say as a subscriber that you're getting value for money.
Old 29 Jan 2012, 23:08 (Ref:3018682)   #1528
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lescombes View Post
Having sorted a HD Satellite...I am sorted for RTL & Sport1 for F1 coverage and enjoying so far... Dakar and WRC on Eurosport for free.... just for the £60 outlay for the kit and a free android phone app to align the dish to Astra 19.2 ...Eurosport have DTM too and Astra 19 have Dmax with Dmotor (Sabine Schmidt etc) plus even our Top Gear..... some channels have English subtitles too but being a German speaker ...I'm made up....

British Eursoprt will cease on 19 east when Analouge gets switched off, will only be the German version then as I understand it. Not found Sport1, will have to have a look again.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 09:44 (Ref:3019310)   #1529
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post

They say that SSN will have a "presence" at the tests. Not sure what that means...I guess it is good that they will be at car launches, but is there really an interest for the tests being covered? Martin Brundle talked about Sky F1 being for the "dedicated fan" but the dedicated fan knows that testing times are completely meaningless. As shown by last year when Ferrari on paper looked a good bet for the title.

I won't be watching any of it, but I'm intrigued to know what they will talk about for 6 days around each Grand Prix.

Finally...I doubt Sky would ever release the figures but I wonder if there will be any noticeable increase in Sky Sports subscriptions as a result of the F1 deal.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 09:48 (Ref:3019312)   #1530
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
has there been any news yet on GP2 and GP3 coverage?
Old 31 Jan 2012, 09:59 (Ref:3019317)   #1531
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by safc_fan89 View Post
I guess it is good that they will be at car launches, but is there really an interest for the tests being covered? Martin Brundle talked about Sky F1 being for the "dedicated fan" but the dedicated fan knows that testing times are completely meaningless. As shown by last year when Ferrari on paper looked a good bet for the title.
Testing isn't just about lap times. But, in any event, it will just be nice to be able to watch F1 cars during testing.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 11:04 (Ref:3019337)   #1532
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I presume it'll be interviews with the movers and shakers rather than just cars circulating.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 11:28 (Ref:3019348)   #1533
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't forget Sky also makes a fortune from selling subscriptions to Sky Sport to publicans at very high prices. They are currently discounting heavily in this area including the fact that they are "The new home of F1".

All this promotion comes of course at a time when an EU Court ruling on their Football broadcast monopoly went against them and a UK High Court decision on whether to ratify that is expected on Feb 24th.

Any copyright issues resolved then will effect consumers too, so I wouldn't subscribe just yet unless you have Sky already because you may well find you can do it cheaper through a foreign broadcaster, or they will be forced to discount further.

Personally I'm watching Ben on the Beeb.....
Old 31 Jan 2012, 12:32 (Ref:3019363)   #1534
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From SKY's quarterly figures this morning

4 million with HD subscription + non HD Sports subscribers, all capable of getting the F1 channel at no further cost.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 13:59 (Ref:3019389)   #1535
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
has there been any news yet on GP2 and GP3 coverage?
Nothing confirmed, but I have heard rumours it might be on red button on the F1 channel. I'm very keen to know for sure though.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 19:33 (Ref:3019501)   #1536
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Also suggested that they might not be on the F1 Channel at all, rather Sky Sports 3 or 4
Old 2 Feb 2012, 10:36 (Ref:3020208)   #1537
OLLIE.T
Rookie

OLLIE.T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just seen GP2 and GP3 WILL be on Sky sports F1
Old 2 Feb 2012, 12:03 (Ref:3020263)   #1538
OLLIE.T
Rookie

I found the news of the GP2 and GP3 coverage here, hope this link is OK to post as it backs up my previous staement. https://www.facebook.com/F1.TheSKYisthelimit
Old 2 Feb 2012, 12:08 (Ref:3020266)   #1539
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having watched the coverage of the McLaren launch yesterday on SSN, I was quite impressed with the level of coverage it got.

A 5 minute live teaser from outside in the hour leading up to it, and the full 12-15 minutes of coverage as it actually happened.

I am still not quite sure whether this was sponsor driven or not, but will just have to wait and see what coverage the other teams get. I suspect we wont see quite as much of the other cars. And yes, the fact it was hosted by the new Sky Sports F1 Presenter may have helped the level of coverage received.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 13:26 (Ref:3020299)   #1540
OLLIE.T
Rookie

Personally I can't wait for the channel to launch, we have been able to tighten our belts enough to get Sky and can do so to get the HD package now too.
I'm sure the Sky coverage will be fantastic and a lot more in depth than the 'matey' dumbed down BBC version.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 14:21 (Ref:3020321)   #1541
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Sky will show GP2 and GP3.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/gp2-news/...w-gp2-and-gp3/
Old 2 Feb 2012, 19:15 (Ref:3020591)   #1542
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
I am still not quite sure whether this was sponsor driven or not, but will just have to wait and see what coverage the other teams get. I suspect we wont see quite as much of the other cars. And yes, the fact it was hosted by the new Sky Sports F1 Presenter may have helped the level of coverage received.
Simon? Did Simon cover this?
Guess he won't be on Rugby Club tonight?!
Old 2 Feb 2012, 19:21 (Ref:3020596)   #1543
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
The Beeb often get Jake Humphries to host other stuff, so don't give up hope just yet.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 20:27 (Ref:3020639)   #1544
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Simon? Did Simon cover this?
Guess he won't be on Rugby Club tonight?!
It was Crofty that hosted the event
Old 2 Feb 2012, 20:30 (Ref:3020641)   #1545
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Cheers
Old 2 Feb 2012, 20:45 (Ref:3020655)   #1546
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Sky are apparently the host broadcaster for the Force India unveiling tomorrow
Old 3 Feb 2012, 06:33 (Ref:3020861)   #1547
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Thats lucky, cos if it was being unveiled on the Beeb, we'd only see half of it
Old 3 Feb 2012, 08:32 (Ref:3020889)   #1548
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
or 5hrs after the rest of the world....

Yay for Sky and the GP2/3 deal btw.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 09:40 (Ref:3020925)   #1549
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
So the BBC F1 coverage and FR3.5 (assuming it's still going to be in Eurosport) it is for me then!
Old 3 Feb 2012, 16:49 (Ref:3021110)   #1550
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
This is most definitely not a plug for Sky, but I thought you might like to see this about their team: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ksCw...ature=youtu.be

I haven't finally decided what I want to do this season. Play it by ear probably, since Sky is an available option for me, but I really want to support Ben Edwards. It may well be BBC when live otherwise Sky live. I take Brundle's point about needing to see the races live.
Closed Thread

Tags
outrage, sky