Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Next year I will (chose the closest most likely option)
Watch live on BBC or Sky depending which it is on. 36 32.73%
Watch only BBC live or delayed/highlights. 48 43.64%
Watch only BBC live (live or not bother). 16 14.55%
Not watch, it is over for me. 10 9.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 23 Feb 2012, 16:31 (Ref:3029956)   #1576
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Interesting to note that the current deal with the BBC ends in 2018. And also interesting is that Jonathan Legard will stand in for James Allen on BBC Radio 5 live for some races!

What has Jim got on that takes precedence?
Old 23 Feb 2012, 16:51 (Ref:3029963)   #1577
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
What has Jim got on that takes precedence?
Well, we have the Olympic games, and the European Soccer tournament, so I'm betting he's doing one or both of those.

Meanwhile, Bernie's done a deal with Tata.

“It’s the most significant moment for F1 since the advent of satellites,” says Eddie Baker, the man responsible for broadcasting F1 TV and data around the world.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/0...es-f1-forever/
Old 23 Feb 2012, 16:52 (Ref:3029964)   #1578
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe a clashing date from somewhere.
Old 23 Feb 2012, 22:37 (Ref:3030110)   #1579
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
The Allen and Legard swaporoo. This is Bernie pulling the strings to punish cheeky English viewers trying the RTL option.
Old 24 Feb 2012, 11:38 (Ref:3030330)   #1580
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Meanwhile...another blow to the Murdoch empire's desire to monopolise all televised sport.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17150054
Old 24 Feb 2012, 17:00 (Ref:3030471)   #1581
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Sky News is reporting that Sky News isn't reporting this.
Old 24 Feb 2012, 20:04 (Ref:3030566)   #1582
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Sky News is reporting that Sky News isn't reporting this.
Old 24 Feb 2012, 20:11 (Ref:3030569)   #1583
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post
Meanwhile...another blow to the Murdoch empire's desire to monopolise all televised sport.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17150054
She was forced to do it!
Old 25 Feb 2012, 01:07 (Ref:3030685)   #1584
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
She was forced to do it!
The "doctor" is in the house...
Old 26 Feb 2012, 13:59 (Ref:3031452)   #1585
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice to see Damon Hill with his Sky Sports F1 HD pin on his blazer for a piece on Sky News about PS3 racers making it to real racing.

So I wonder if we now have for ex-racer pundits:

BBC: David "Bridesmaid" Coulthard
Sky F1: Damon "I Actually WON It" Hill
Old 26 Feb 2012, 16:51 (Ref:3031500)   #1586
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or to look at it another way...

David "15 years in F1, last raced in '08" Coulthard
Damon "8 years in F1, last raced in '99" Hill

Isn't spin great
Old 26 Feb 2012, 19:02 (Ref:3031554)   #1587
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
They have 4 and a half hours of coverage listed for the race itself. 04:30 to 09:00.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 01:58 (Ref:3031713)   #1588
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
They have 4 and a half hours of coverage listed for the race itself. 04:30 to 09:00.
As per the press releases that stated that would be the case for all the races
Old 27 Feb 2012, 02:05 (Ref:3031718)   #1589
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I am furious about this...
Old 27 Feb 2012, 06:37 (Ref:3031757)   #1590
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 27 Feb 2012, 08:56 (Ref:3031782)   #1591
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
Or to look at it another way...

David "15 years in F1, last raced in '08" Coulthard
Damon "8 years in F1, last raced in '99" Hill

Isn't spin great
Never let the facts get in the way of a good story!
Old 27 Feb 2012, 13:15 (Ref:3031883)   #1592
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
keep seeing the awesome sky f1 adverts on tv, and was almost thinking if they kept the same attitude for the actual coverage it'd be awesome. i *almost* bought into the hype.

then they followed up with a bout of truly dire punditry for the league cup final and i just wanted to poke my eyes out with a fork. god help them if they turn f1 into the equivalent of yesterday's "he had a good first half, didn't he?" "yeah, he started off well, and then he just continued" rubbish on the football.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 15:16 (Ref:3031948)   #1593
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Wot wiv the Soaraway Sunday Sun launch with its Amanda Holden "My heart stopped for 40 seconds" scoop on the front Murdoch supporters are having a right good runup to the Sky F1 launch innit.

"So what you're saying Damon is if Alonso had just gone that little bit quicker in Q3 he'd be on pole? He must be gutted?"

Damon nods......
Old 27 Feb 2012, 19:42 (Ref:3032041)   #1594
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
I see they are using the F1 channel to screen Indycar races.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 20:02 (Ref:3032057)   #1595
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I wonder when the best time to tune in will be if you don't need to watch 2 hours of build up? I only really need the race as I can watch all the extra stuff on the BBC highlights later on.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 20:12 (Ref:3032059)   #1596
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
About 1 hour 25 minutes in as it's 90 minutes build up not 2 hours.
Old 29 Feb 2012, 14:53 (Ref:3033055)   #1597
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I see they are using the F1 channel to screen Indycar races.
I think that's a really positive step.

More people should be watching the IndyCars, and perhaps its the exposure that the series needs here in the UK!

Strong rumours of Rubens going to KV today I hear! Really looking forward to it. The new cars are lovely, too.

Selby
Old 29 Feb 2012, 16:30 (Ref:3033099)   #1598
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
I think that's a really positive step.

More people should be watching the IndyCars, and perhaps its the exposure that the series needs here in the UK!

Strong rumours of Rubens going to KV today I hear! Really looking forward to it. The new cars are lovely, too.

Selby
It may lead to further steps for other forms of motorsport the weekends F1 isn't on. As much as you can talk alot about F1 and its history I still find it hard to think it justifies an entire channel!

I may even send an email of encouragement to consider screening other forms of motorsport although I don't want to see them pinching stuff off Motors great schedule this year.
Old 29 Feb 2012, 18:33 (Ref:3033163)   #1599
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
It's only the first Indy car race that's on SSF1HD, the four other channels all have live sports on in the evening.

The subsequent races are all scheduled for the main channels ... SS4HD for the next couple IIRC
Old 29 Feb 2012, 19:55 (Ref:3033206)   #1600
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I may even send an email of encouragement to consider screening other forms of motorsport although I don't want to see them pinching stuff off Motors great schedule this year.
Last time the Sky Sports site offered me the chance to complete one of their surveys, that is exactly what I told them.
Closed Thread

Tags
outrage, sky