Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Next year I will (chose the closest most likely option)
Watch live on BBC or Sky depending which it is on. 36 32.73%
Watch only BBC live or delayed/highlights. 48 43.64%
Watch only BBC live (live or not bother). 16 14.55%
Not watch, it is over for me. 10 9.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 29 Feb 2012, 20:21 (Ref:3033230)   #1601
lescombes
Rookie

United Kingdom
Huntingdon
lescombes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Servus HD TV on Astra 19.2 had Sutil,Danner & Heidfeld previewing the new season, Testing footage and interviews with all the F1 drivers on Monday this week..... so they are ahead of Sky already.... Then after followed up with Live Nascar from Daytona... all for FREE, Mr Murdoch...

DTM is live on ARTE HD this year too & Le Mans on Eurosport for FREE....
Yep I know its in German....and that suits me as I speaka da lingo...

PLUS for F1 ....5 live for commentating.... simple.... HD kit cost £50...
Old 29 Feb 2012, 20:57 (Ref:3033263)   #1602
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lescombes View Post
Yep I know its in German....and that suits me as I speaka da lingo...
I'd probably not understand a word they were saying but still think they had more charisma than Brundle lol.
Old 1 Mar 2012, 15:08 (Ref:3033587)   #1603
expaddockrunner
Racer

United Kingdom
coventry
expaddockrunner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's here!
Well, for now Sky Channel 408, is showing like a preview of its channel. and the other F1 related programmes that will be shown.
Old 1 Mar 2012, 19:45 (Ref:3033684)   #1604
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
I'd probably not understand a word they were saying but still think they had more charisma than Brundle lol.
How lucky for you he's going to Sky, the last 15 seasons must have been torture for you
Old 1 Mar 2012, 20:39 (Ref:3033702)   #1605
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
How lucky for you he's going to Sky, the last 15 seasons must have been torture for you
I wouldn't say torture, thats abit extreme, but I am glad I have the option not to listen to him anymore while I am watching the races.
Old 1 Mar 2012, 20:55 (Ref:3033709)   #1606
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
You need to make sure you tune in as late as possible when you are forced to watch it on sky.
Old 1 Mar 2012, 21:02 (Ref:3033710)   #1607
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
You need to make sure you tune in as late as possible when you are forced to watch it on sky.
I will do but not purely for that reason. I can't see myself watching many of the races on Sky as I would have to watch them live which is not something I like doing during the summer months. I prefer avoiding the result and watching in the evening so the BBC might just fit the bill on that front.
Old 1 Mar 2012, 21:16 (Ref:3033719)   #1608
miniracer47
Rookie

England
chester
miniracer47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
f1

Added sky sports to my subscription seen a preview today then relised to watch aussie gp have to get up 4.30am dohh
Old 1 Mar 2012, 21:55 (Ref:3033749)   #1609
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I will do but not purely for that reason. I can't see myself watching many of the races on Sky as I would have to watch them live which is not something I like doing during the summer months. I prefer avoiding the result and watching in the evening so the BBC might just fit the bill on that front.
so, er, it will make little difference to you, er, ...

At least this minimises your exposure to Brundle. I have to admit I am surprised you don't like him. You'd do well to get a better informed guy in there.

Last edited by Adam43; 1 Mar 2012 at 22:04.
Old 1 Mar 2012, 22:00 (Ref:3033751)   #1610
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniracer47 View Post
Added sky sports to my subscription seen a preview today then relised to watch aussie gp have to get up 4.30am dohh
beauty of sky+ you can set it to record and watch it any time you want
Old 1 Mar 2012, 22:05 (Ref:3033753)   #1611
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
I know he's had alot of pressure from fans on twitter over this. If he decides he wants the money and goes to Sky I hope a deal can be reached where commentators are shared. Hopefully however I hope he stays with the Beeb as Sky would struggle to get a more well informed member of their team.
Old 1 Mar 2012, 22:09 (Ref:3033755)   #1612
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karting View Post
beauty of sky+ you can set it to record and watch it any time you want
You can get freeview Satalite boxes that will do the same thing.
Old 1 Mar 2012, 22:14 (Ref:3033760)   #1613
Hamness
Racer

Wales
Hamness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
You can get freeview Satalite boxes that will do the same thing.
But which Freeview/Freesat channel will be carrying all the practice sessions as well as the race ?

Last edited by Hamness; 1 Mar 2012 at 22:15. Reason: Rubbish editing
Old 1 Mar 2012, 22:27 (Ref:3033765)   #1614
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I expect the German or Italian channels will have practice as they are both motorsport mad countries, RTL is covering the races live I assume there is some else on tenths who will have further info.
Old 2 Mar 2012, 07:52 (Ref:3033900)   #1615
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
so, er, it will make little difference to you, er, ...

At least this minimises your exposure to Brundle. I have to admit I am surprised you don't like him. You'd do well to get a better informed guy in there.
What's with the 'so er's'?
It's still disappointing I won't see every race in full whether its delayed viewing or not as I do enjoy watching every lap. But I'm also not going to sacrifice my day to watch via Sky Go either. I have the option to however and will watch the first race to decide whether its worth continuing to view via this method. I don't dislike Brundle as a man but think over the past couple of years DC has provided better insight as he's a more recent driver. I would have been more upset losing him to sky rather than Brundle and you don't have to agree with that. If you feel BBC viewers are worse off for not having Brundle then thats fine but not everyone is going to miss him. I think the BBC have a strong presenting and commentary team which is more than a match for their rivals, but reduced coverage is the weak link and always will be IMO.
Old 2 Mar 2012, 10:06 (Ref:3033944)   #1616
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I can't see myself watching many of the races on Sky as I would have to watch them live which is not something I like doing during the summer months.
Why would you have to watch them live? Sky+HD is perfect for timeshifting!
Old 2 Mar 2012, 10:41 (Ref:3033956)   #1617
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
Why would you have to watch them live? Sky+HD is perfect for timeshifting!
You may not be aware but I only have Sky Go. My father is the Sky customer, I just use his details. I no longer have the option to record certain races so unless I waste the day so I can watch them live, I will have to rely on the BBC highlights instead. Not ideal but its a better option than sacrificing my sunday.
Old 2 Mar 2012, 16:35 (Ref:3034054)   #1618
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I see they are using the F1 channel to screen Indycar races.
Are they showing all the races on the F1 channel?
Old 2 Mar 2012, 16:57 (Ref:3034067)   #1619
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Are they showing all the races on the F1 channel?
Only the first
Old 2 Mar 2012, 17:07 (Ref:3034069)   #1620
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Ok, thanks
Old 2 Mar 2012, 19:00 (Ref:3034101)   #1621
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
What's with the 'so er's'?
I don't dislike Brundle as a man but think over the past couple of years DC has provided better insight as he's a more recent driver. I would have been more upset losing him to sky rather than Brundle and you don't have to agree with that. If you feel BBC viewers are worse off for not having Brundle then thats fine but not everyone is going to miss him. I think the BBC have a strong presenting and commentary team which is more than a match for their rivals, but reduced coverage is the weak link and always will be IMO.
I was just surprised you said that Brundle had no charisma. I just got confused.
Quote:
I know he's had alot of pressure from fans on twitter over this. If he decides he wants the money and goes to Sky I hope a deal can be reached where commentators are shared. Hopefully however I hope he stays with the Beeb as Sky would struggle to get a more well informed member of their team.
To be fair, they have now signed Ben so that must have swayed the way your opinion since, but a sudden bash of Martin caught me quite by surprise.
Old 2 Mar 2012, 20:57 (Ref:3034179)   #1622
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
To be fair, they have now signed Ben so that must have swayed the way your opinion since, but a sudden bash of Martin caught me quite by surprise.
Signing Edwards was a master stroke by the Beeb IMO. I wasn't expecting you to take it so personally and my comment wasn't designed to offend anybody. I'm looking forward to a change in who delivers the commentary to my viewing and maybe my little frustrations with Brundle can be left alone? I'm man enough to accept that.
Old 2 Mar 2012, 21:09 (Ref:3034185)   #1623
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Not taken personally as I'm not Brundle. Surprised at your change heart, but I'm not offended man.
Old 2 Mar 2012, 21:29 (Ref:3034194)   #1624
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Girls, girls girls!

Just seen some of the promo content on the SkyF1HD channel. I like!
Old 2 Mar 2012, 21:40 (Ref:3034200)   #1625
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Not taken personally as I'm not Brundle. Surprised at your change heart, but I'm not offended man.
I've always been annoyed by some of Brundles comments, but I've also appreciated his input. I haven't had a change of heart or changed my opinion of him in the slightest. Being surprised yourself is puzzling for me because as far as I am aware you don't know me personally. I am looking forward to Edwards as I feel he has more to offer, and had Brundle never left, I wouldn't know any different. That doesn't stop me having the same opinion of the guy. I hope I've explained that abit clearer this time.
Closed Thread

Tags
outrage, sky