Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 24 Jan 2012, 17:23 (Ref:3016282)   #26
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Ahhhhh... Ahhhhhh... Ahhhhh... Bull****! Excuse me... must be allergies.

Hey, it's a race and I'm gonna watch it!
Believe it or not, he's right. Infield tickets are nearly all sold out, media credentials are running short and parking is going to be a b****.
Old 24 Jan 2012, 17:40 (Ref:3016294)   #27
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Looking at how long it has took for the first generation DPs to become reliable I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the old cars win.
The only thing new is the bodywork... and some frame mods... the mechanicals, electrical etc are the same.
Old 24 Jan 2012, 18:04 (Ref:3016306)   #28
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kober View Post
Should I assume that all the Corvette-bodied DPs are powered by Chevrolet? No Porsche engines this year?

5 Action Express Racing - ? / Coyote-Corvette G3
9 Action Express Racing - ? / Coyote-Corvette G3
10 SunTrust Racing - ? / Dallara-Corvette G3
90 Spirit of Daytona - ? / Coyote-Corvette G3
99 Bob Stallings Racing - ? / Riley-Corvette G3
At least the Action Express entries have Chevy engines but I'm pretty sure that the same goes for the rest of them as well.

I would've liked if the DPG3s would've been at least slightly faster than the G2s out of the box, but instead they had to do the usual performance balancing rituals...
Old 24 Jan 2012, 19:46 (Ref:3016374)   #29
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Race is sold out, I'm stoked. Infield will be packed, only two day tickets are still available... That is a big change over previous years. All the Corvettes are powered by Chevy, by the way. Not sure if there are Chevy engines out of different builders in the various bow tie powered cars though. Ganassi has to be heavily favored to win, as the car is very much old hat bar the new bodywork ans smaller greenhouse (which really isn't that dramatic of a change.)

Also, in defense of why the DPG3s aren't noticeably quicker over a lap, Grand-Am is hemmed in by an insurance issue. Sportscars are no longer allowed to do over 200mph on the banking so the performance of these cars is seriously limited by that. It would take dramatic weight and horsepower drops, as well as a stickier tire for the DPG3 to be noticeably quicker. I'm told the new car is noticeably quicker through the infield but it's performance on the banking has been seriously limited on account of the 200mph issue. Also, the DPG2s (old cars) were featuring an aero device between the rear wing uprights that acted as a drag inducer to slow them down, apparently one or two of the DPG2s were ticking over 200mph in November or December testing.

I'm rooting generally for a Ford in DP, ideally Nishi's car. And the 26 car in GT for its livery (and Go Sean!) but mainly I'm looking forward to being overwhelmed by the size and diversity of the class.

Thanks for the spotter's guide, Andy!

Chris
Old 24 Jan 2012, 19:50 (Ref:3016379)   #30
tbz
Racer

tbz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
I will watch some of this. want time is the green flag (so I can hop to Motors TV or Eurosport 2) in GMT please (or CET)
Eurosport2 schedule
21:30CET - 23:00CET start/ceremony
23:15CET - 00:00CET
00:15CET - 02:00CET

Sunday
18:00CET - 19:00CET
21:00CET - 22:00CET Finish/ceremony

MotorsTV schedule
Sa. 20:30CET - 5:00CET (8,5h)
So. 15:00CET - 22:00CET
Old 24 Jan 2012, 20:02 (Ref:3016384)   #31
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Radio Le Mans preview of the 50th Rolex 24 airing now...

http://radiolemans.0157.org/nplayer.php
Old 24 Jan 2012, 20:04 (Ref:3016385)   #32
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
because of dramatic times for sharing/streaming sites, could someone post a link where will be available the streaming of the race?
Old 24 Jan 2012, 20:22 (Ref:3016391)   #33
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbz View Post
Eurosport2 schedule
21:30CET - 23:00CET start/ceremony
23:15CET - 00:00CET
00:15CET - 02:00CET

Sunday
18:00CET - 19:00CET
21:00CET - 22:00CET Finish/ceremony
Damn, that might be the correct schedule for UK and central Europe but there's only one Sunday night timeslot on my list, rest of the day is filled with german soccer again... oh well it's just one hour that's missing, I guess the streams will be up anyways
Old 24 Jan 2012, 20:30 (Ref:3016400)   #34
tbz
Racer

tbz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
because of dramatic times for sharing/streaming sites, could someone post a link where will be available the streaming of the race?
I will do this as soon as the feed is up
Old 24 Jan 2012, 20:32 (Ref:3016401)   #35
ronnie peterson
Rookie

Turkey
Istanbul
ronnie peterson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently Tony Kanaan won't be racing this weekend because of lack of funding.

https://twitter.com/#!/TonyKanaan/st...07180835057664
Old 24 Jan 2012, 20:57 (Ref:3016421)   #36
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Well, I am getting somewhat excited, racing season resumes. I will pull for a Porsche to win, the AJR 23 car.
Old 24 Jan 2012, 20:58 (Ref:3016425)   #37
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie peterson View Post
Apparently Tony Kanaan won't be racing this weekend because of lack of funding.

https://twitter.com/#!/TonyKanaan/st...07180835057664
Yup, Starworks are out.
Old 24 Jan 2012, 21:02 (Ref:3016428)   #38
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
^down a DP. Tis a shame, especially with the driver lineup Starworks had.
Old 24 Jan 2012, 21:24 (Ref:3016445)   #39
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Yup, Starworks are out.
Only withdrawal of #2 has been confirmed, #8 is still in the game (at least as per today).
Old 24 Jan 2012, 21:26 (Ref:3016446)   #40
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Yup, Starworks are out.
Both cars or just the 2 car? Major bummer , I'm flying down on Thursday and a major reason was to see McNish and Luhr! Will have to cheer for Tracy in DP. In GT pulling for the R8's and the ALMS teams' Ferrari and Porsche entries.
Old 24 Jan 2012, 21:42 (Ref:3016451)   #41
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post

Also, in defense of why the DPG3s aren't noticeably quicker over a lap, Grand-Am is hemmed in by an insurance issue. Sportscars are no longer allowed to do over 200mph on the banking so the performance of these cars is seriously limited by that. It would take dramatic weight and horsepower drops, as well as a stickier tire for the DPG3 to be noticeably quicker. I'm told the new car is noticeably quicker through the infield but it's performance on the banking has been seriously limited on account of the 200mph issue. Also, the DPG2s (old cars) were featuring an aero device between the rear wing uprights that acted as a drag inducer to slow them down, apparently one or two of the DPG2s were ticking over 200mph in November or December testing.

Chris
This doesn't make sense to me. In the NASCAR race in the Bud Shootout last year, there were laps turned at an average speed of 206mph.

But I guess this means there will be no WEC round at Daytona in the future then?
Old 24 Jan 2012, 21:47 (Ref:3016457)   #42
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Both cars or just the 2 car? Major bummer , I'm flying down on Thursday and a major reason was to see McNish and Luhr! Will have to cheer for Tracy in DP. In GT pulling for the R8's and the ALMS teams' Ferrari and Porsche entries.
TK said as far as he knows the main entry is okay, which is not suprising at all considering Potolicchio and Popow bring quite a bit of money to the team themselves.
Old 24 Jan 2012, 21:53 (Ref:3016462)   #43
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbz View Post
I will do this as soon as the feed is up
That would be great. Shame on OneHD for not showing it despite being listed as a station.
Old 24 Jan 2012, 22:03 (Ref:3016469)   #44
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
TK said as far as he knows the main entry is okay, which is not suprising at all considering Potolicchio and Popow bring quite a bit of money to the team themselves.
Thanks, hopefully it is not the Potilicchio money gone or the 8 could be in trouble as Enzo is listed in it...
Their money has been good in the past?
Old 24 Jan 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3016479)   #45
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Thanks, hopefully it is not the Potilicchio money gone or the 8 could be in trouble as Enzo is listed in it...
Their money has been good in the past?
Yes, and has just been used with Dalziel at Dubai and Yas Marina. Apparently the 2 may start after all, just with all-pay drivers.
Old 25 Jan 2012, 03:25 (Ref:3016587)   #46
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Could someone clarify Turner Motorsports driver/car lineup for me?
Ive heard it so many ways.
John Dagys says Müller/Müller/Marsal/(Said&DallaLana) in #93 car
and Said/Auberlen/Dallana/Werner in #94.

Dirk Müller Twitter says he is in #94 car.
The #94 car in pictures has (J.Müller D.Müller Werner Marsal) on the side. Is Dirk Werner in the #94 car or #93 car?

The official Grand-Am entrylist says what Dagys say but Dagy's probably just looked off of the entry list which is incorrect at the moment.

Unless they switched Werner to the #94 car last second?

aah. what the devil. The picture says Muller/Muller/Werner/Marsal in the #93 car.

Last edited by Articus; 25 Jan 2012 at 03:33.
Old 25 Jan 2012, 17:42 (Ref:3016928)   #47
Deleted
Veteran

Hindy just posted the following message about RLM's surprise commitment to the weekend:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hindhaugh
Our team for Motors Tv is;
Truswell
Shaw
Bradley
Goodwin
Hindhaugh
and other guest voices

Our principal duties are for Motors TV UK for whom we will deliver over 15 hours of live race coverage. Possibly other TV broadcasters too (Speed Tv Aus?). We will also cover all of the race in audio only. In addition to our live stream, that feed will be made available to a number of syndications including, Speed.com (overnights while TV is off air) MRN (to allow them to cover the full 24 Hours) If the facilities are made available to us in time we will also cover practice and qualifying on Thursday and Friday. The Nascar tech guys here at the Speedway are mega and are working hard to get a booth rigged for us.

Hope this helps - more info here and on the site as we get it.
Old 25 Jan 2012, 18:15 (Ref:3016940)   #48
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strange, Motors TV said they were using the Speed TV commentary.
Old 25 Jan 2012, 18:19 (Ref:3016942)   #49
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
LOVE that Hindy and co. have a hand in the race weekend! I predict a few less gaffs than on last year's Eurosport coverage (with all do respect to Martin Haven and Mark Cole.)

Chris
Old 25 Jan 2012, 18:30 (Ref:3016944)   #50
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Strange, Motors TV said they were using the Speed TV commentary.
Consider yourself lucky that you won't have to listen to the "Scott Pruett is the second coming of Christ" and "Chip Ganassi is God" commentary on SPEEDTV.