Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Apr 2011, 03:38 (Ref:2871628)   #126
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
4:06 and 4:29 at the test . 7 seconds of the class time , I think .

Not great but , hope they can get their act together for June . Lovely looking car .

I still dont believe that Le Mans should be conducted as a test , which is what will happen at this rate .
Its a decent start, they've admitted they're down on power which hopefully can they can work on but the car is new and if they finish then they'll have done well in my eyes. Seven seconds is not that bad, I would be guessing the car is losing out in a straight line because its down on power. Not AMR bashing but from what Ive seen so far Lotus is doing better then Aston at the moment.
Old 29 Apr 2011, 12:05 (Ref:2871734)   #127
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hopefully after Spa they can get a bit of a break and have some of the restrictions removed. Unfortunately for them I think there will be a lot of other teams banging on the ACO's door that will all need attention.
Old 29 Apr 2011, 14:19 (Ref:2871770)   #128
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
John Dagys at Speed has an article up about the Evora GTE, it is a good read.

The article reveals the new Lotus GTE is that it is built to the regulations - NO WAIVERS!!! I find that impressive, but they said that wanted to see how a proper car stacks up to the competition before asking for performance breaks. Slightly off topic, but is the 458 the only other GTE with no waivers?
Old 29 Apr 2011, 14:33 (Ref:2871775)   #129
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
The weak point at this stage is the engine. I remember hearing on RLM during the test day that they were hoping for a restrictor cut to give the engine a bit more power.

According to http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123145 the 430 was the only car without waivers, so that probably also applies for the 458.
Old 29 Apr 2011, 16:05 (Ref:2871801)   #130
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
The weak point at this stage is the engine. I remember hearing on RLM during the test day that they were hoping for a restrictor cut to give the engine a bit more power.

According to http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123145 the 430 was the only car without waivers, so that probably also applies for the 458.
Thanks gwyllion, I thought the Ferrari's ran un-waivered but hadn't seen it anywhere.

I also thought I heard on RLM that the Lotus team thinks there is more power in the engine that it has now - even without a larger restrictor.
Old 29 Apr 2011, 18:45 (Ref:2871858)   #131
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
What wil the livery be of the Lotus? Blue like the Jet alliance Aston a few years ago or maybe classic green Lotus colours?
Old 29 Apr 2011, 18:49 (Ref:2871862)   #132
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
What wil the livery be of the Lotus? Blue like the Jet alliance Aston a few years ago or maybe classic green Lotus colours?
I assume this to be the livery.
Old 29 Apr 2011, 19:49 (Ref:2871880)   #133
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I was afraid it would look like this, was hoping for some more classic look.
Old 29 Apr 2011, 21:59 (Ref:2871918)   #134
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Factory backed car from British GT looks very good.
Old 29 Apr 2011, 22:45 (Ref:2871925)   #135
Great Dane
Rookie

Denmark
Great Dane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
I was afraid it would look like this, was hoping for some more classic look.
The car will not look like the press picture - they are hoping to design it around a potential sponsor, however the car will run in black at Spa and will not be painted until Le Mans.

They are quite happy with the progress of a car that is one week old (at the test)
Old 30 Apr 2011, 01:48 (Ref:2871941)   #136
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Factory backed car from British GT looks very good.
That has the colour scheme of the Rebellion Toyota's...wait doesn't the Lotus use a Toyota derived engine?
Old 30 Apr 2011, 02:22 (Ref:2871949)   #137
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's the Gold Leaf Lotus design....
Old 30 Apr 2011, 03:43 (Ref:2871964)   #138
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
That's the Gold Leaf Lotus design....
HUSH!
It's "not" the Gold Leaf design, as the gold leaf design is forbidden (it only looks like classic Lotus racers)
Old 30 Apr 2011, 17:31 (Ref:2872118)   #139
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
That's a nice design way better then the blue one!
Old 30 Apr 2011, 18:52 (Ref:2872143)   #140
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
The car will not look like the press picture - they are hoping to design it around a potential sponsor, however the car will run in black at Spa and will not be painted until Le Mans.

They are quite happy with the progress of a car that is one week old (at the test)
maybe a few gold coachlines might look good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
HUSH!
It's "not" the Gold Leaf design, as the gold leaf design is forbidden (it only looks like classic Lotus racers)
A nice nod to the past by using a classic 'retro' livery though
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2...eafLotus47.jpg
Old 1 May 2011, 08:52 (Ref:2872309)   #141
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
lets hope they get a sponser in time as the car in black might be thought to close to JPS colours and could then get in to trouble
Old 1 May 2011, 11:17 (Ref:2872370)   #142
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well one of the cars is going to have a bit of a messy livery potentially courtesy of the charity efforts from Martin Rich. You can donate money to get your initials or a logo on the car.

Nice sentiment but it could wreck a pretty car.
Old 2 May 2011, 14:06 (Ref:2872921)   #143
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...gavan-kershaw/
Old 3 May 2011, 03:23 (Ref:2873274)   #144
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Well one of the cars is going to have a bit of a messy livery potentially courtesy of the charity efforts from Martin Rich. You can donate money to get your initials or a logo on the car.

Nice sentiment but it could wreck a pretty car.
Yes damn him for doing something selfless and worthwhile!
Old 3 May 2011, 04:46 (Ref:2873282)   #145
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
ubrben has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
John Dagys at Speed has an article up about the Evora GTE, it is a good read.

The article reveals the new Lotus GTE is that it is built to the regulations - NO WAIVERS!!! I find that impressive, but they said that wanted to see how a proper car stacks up to the competition before asking for performance breaks. Slightly off topic, but is the 458 the only other GTE with no waivers?
The Ferrari 458 has a waiver on overall width. It's 203cm wide vs. max reg width of 200cm.

Ben
Old 3 May 2011, 12:17 (Ref:2873482)   #146
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Yes damn him for doing something selfless and worthwhile!
Reading my post back it came out wrong. I heard the RLM interview with him. I think it's a great idea and a nice way to have his father there with him in spirit.

I was talking purely about the paint on the car. Some things are more important.
Old 3 May 2011, 17:51 (Ref:2873617)   #147
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Reading my post back it came out wrong. I heard the RLM interview with him. I think it's a great idea and a nice way to have his father there with him in spirit.

I was talking purely about the paint on the car. Some things are more important.
Fair Enough mate - for what its worth the final livery will not be the scheme already seen in the renderings
Old 3 May 2011, 18:27 (Ref:2873633)   #148
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubrben View Post
The Ferrari 458 has a waiver on overall width. It's 203cm wide vs. max reg width of 200cm.

Ben
Thanks, that is good to know. So that makes the Lotus and the 430 the only cars without waivers that I know of.
Old 5 May 2011, 08:11 (Ref:2874390)   #149
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
The Lotus GT2 in traditional green/yellow livery in the Spa paddock: http://pitlane-vision.com/images/sto.../05.05/1/2.jpg
The sister car is still in carbon black: http://pitlane-vision.com/images/sto...05.05/1/15.jpg

Last edited by gwyllion; 5 May 2011 at 08:20.
Old 5 May 2011, 09:10 (Ref:2874418)   #150
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
The Lotus GT2 in traditional green/yellow livery in the Spa paddock: http://pitlane-vision.com/images/sto.../05.05/1/2.jpg
On this picture the stripes look orange instead of yellow: http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/...5_05_lotus.jpg