Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 10 Nov 2006, 08:44 (Ref:1762472)   #126
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The only downside would be that they'd cut short the pre-race build up and maybe drop the support race. From the teams' point of view, they'd have a couple of hours less to fix any problems found in the morning shake-down session (and needing to run for longer to reach the milestone of 'darkness')
Old 10 Nov 2006, 15:45 (Ref:1762805)   #127
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Number7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A start at 1400 would be great. The waiting time on saturday would be shorter. This year it was wayyyyy too long. More racing in daylight on saturday and an earlier drive home to Denmark on sunday! Come on ACO!
Old 13 Nov 2006, 15:21 (Ref:1765054)   #128
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus
I can understand the need to change the start time to avoid clashes with other live televised sporting events, but how come the elections would be a problem, do the polls shut @ 16h00 or something?
So , what will Jan Lammers have on his car this year ..... full of little red triangle's ..... like the red pointed caps they used to wear back then !!!
Old 17 Nov 2006, 20:53 (Ref:1768815)   #129
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Personnaly,
living in Le Mans I think that a the beginnig of the race must be as sooner as possible.
Using to be on the track all along the race I imagine the difficulties for people arriving from a long ride.
BUT our political people are so interesting that I prefer to stay on the trck than going to vote.
This year, the race started at 5pm and I thought it was very long to the finish . didn't you?
Old 24 Nov 2006, 11:00 (Ref:1773916)   #130
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
... I've always felt that the ACO should consider permanently changing the traditional start time to earlier in the day. The added bonus is increased daylight racing on the Saturday with the field more closely bunched than it is when dawn breaks on the Sunday morning...
adding time before the night would be great, but that's the only positive point
the saturday waiting (not as much as last year, though) is part of the excitation, and I can't imagine shorten it permanently
and remember it gives time for the TT meeting

more than this, I think it's time for ACO to consider they have the biggest event, and don't bother with external happenings : they choose the date and time, and no matter what happens at the same time, Le Mans rules !
I often read here (about the track or the rules) that we have to save the traditions: the 4pm start is one of them, let's keep it alive

and as a french guy, I know there are other easy ways for ballot than going there your own. If I want to vote that day, I'll do, even if I in Le Mans (and be sure I'll be )
Old 27 Nov 2006, 20:50 (Ref:1776114)   #131
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b
adding time before the night would be great, but that's the only positive point
the saturday waiting (not as much as last year, though) is part of the excitation, and I can't imagine shorten it permanently
and remember it gives time for the TT meeting

more than this, I think it's time for ACO to consider they have the biggest event, and don't bother with external happenings : they choose the date and time, and no matter what happens at the same time, Le Mans rules !
I often read here (about the track or the rules) that we have to save the traditions: the 4pm start is one of them, let's keep it alive

and as a french guy, I know there are other easy ways for ballot than going there your own. If I want to vote that day, I'll do, even if I in Le Mans (and be sure I'll be )
i 100% agree on the 4 o clock start its one of the most important things associated with the lemans 24 hours i think it should stay at a start at 4PM people have 7 months to sort a vote out for the election so keep the race start at 4PM
Old 3 Dec 2006, 09:24 (Ref:1780701)   #132
spectre200
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedford, UK
spectre200 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was wondering if someone could give me some advice for 2007. I've been attending Le Mans for years, but never had a problem getting a ticket on arrival (Friday), until last year. I only need my ticket and a car park ticket (red/white/green, not camping). I don't know how many are coming yet, and getting 'people' tickets was no problem. So, what's the best way to get tickets in advance? How early can I order?

Thanks guys.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 09:40 (Ref:1780704)   #133
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre200
I was wondering if someone could give me some advice for 2007. I've been attending Le Mans for years, but never had a problem getting a ticket on arrival (Friday), until last year. I only need my ticket and a car park ticket (red/white/green, not camping). I don't know how many are coming yet, and getting 'people' tickets was no problem. So, what's the best way to get tickets in advance? How early can I order?

Thanks guys.

If you are only looking for a parking pass the best bet I think is direct from the aco, ticket@lemans.org . the only problem with this approach is they will not gve you an assurance you will get the ticket you want straight away, but email them asap, unlike the agencys they will not take any money until they have confirmed the tickets.

If you want that peace of mind then you will need to go via an agency like just tickets, they will want the money upfront.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 11:29 (Ref:1780881)   #134
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you're unsure of numbers, you could do a lot worse than to wait until the tickets become available to book online on lemans.org. They don't usually get their act together until April/May time, but they always have general entry and parking available along with any surplus camping/tribune tickets.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 17:12 (Ref:1781020)   #135
spectre200
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedford, UK
Thanks Nordic and Bentley03 - I emailed the ACO for a reservation, asking for 2 general enclosures and 1 Parking Blanc (or equivalent).

Do you know if they normally confirm back reasonably quickly (at least a confirmation I'll get something) or do I have to wait until April/May, when I assume they will confirm the specific car park, and require payment?
Old 3 Dec 2006, 17:30 (Ref:1781029)   #136
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They should send confirmation that they have recieved your request in the post in the the next few days.

This will have your all important client number. Some time in the future you will then get another letter from them telling you which tickets they have allocated to you and asking form payment.

Your client number means they have your details on file and it could be used again. Some people think this gives you a head start for future years.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 19:11 (Ref:1781070)   #137
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In fact shouldn't we hearing back anytime now from them regarding Grandstand's. I don't have to worry about the camp bit the above has sorted that...
Old 4 Dec 2006, 14:07 (Ref:1781691)   #138
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a letter through this weekend - but to my huge disappointment it wasn't for tickets but instead the new 100 years of LM book
The wait goes on....
Old 7 Dec 2006, 22:10 (Ref:1784499)   #139
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have just found out the details of the support race, it will be for car from between 1956 to 1968, its the normal 1 hour 2 drivers.
Old 8 Dec 2006, 05:43 (Ref:1784808)   #140
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
I have just found out the details of the support race, it will be for car from between 1956 to 1968, its the normal 1 hour 2 drivers.
Well, that spans D-Type to GT40. To my taste, a big improvement over the last couple of years.
Old 8 Dec 2006, 15:10 (Ref:1785200)   #141
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Well, that spans D-Type to GT40. To my taste, a big improvement over the last couple of years.
All Good, Nothing Bad.
Old 8 Dec 2006, 20:45 (Ref:1785363)   #142
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ohhhh the GOOD CARS

GT40s are still being made, Holman & Moody still build them

http://www.holmanmoody.com/gt40_gal.html
Old 8 Dec 2006, 20:59 (Ref:1785371)   #143
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Ohhhh the GOOD CARS

GT40s are still being made, Holman & Moody still build them

http://www.holmanmoody.com/gt40_gal.html
x1000
Old 8 Dec 2006, 23:24 (Ref:1785451)   #144
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
mmm nice, thanks!
Old 9 Dec 2006, 11:46 (Ref:1785793)   #145
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well...couple of younger intruders in the picture but the race promises a nice variation compared to the last 2 years.
Old 10 Dec 2006, 15:24 (Ref:1786861)   #146
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
can i just ask were you guys bought your lemans 24 hours holiday from?

im going this year coming but i will have to order closer to the time because i only have £150 at the moment towards the holiday?

could anyone point me in the right direction for these

camping
race tickets
spectating spots(im looking at making my own film )
food what to and what not to do
how to get to the naughty parts of the track, mulsanne, run up to the porsche curves and the run to indianapolis.

thank you all
Old 10 Dec 2006, 20:13 (Ref:1787041)   #147
spectre200
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedford, UK
choc ice, I don't know much about tickets, as I used to get them on arrival until last year (see earlier post), but -

Spectating spots for filming will be fairly hard to find, unless you are ok with shooting through the fence. My favourites are:
1) Esses, on the outside of the circuit. There is a hill here which you can use to shoot over the fence, and back towards Dunlop Bridge.
2) Mulsanne corner, again with a fairly long zoom, you can shoot over the fence. The sun is always in my face here, but it's good for dusk/night shooting (no flash though, you're in the drivers' faces).

I haven't had a grandstand seat for a few years, but I don't remember them being tall enough to avoid the dreaded fence, unless you're over the pits.

Food - do it all! Merguez with mustard and frites at Arnage, Grand Marnier crepes, tartiflette and champers in the village. Croissants and coffee on Sunday morning. Although I've been warned off the orange sausages (what are they called?), so, okay, nearly all!

My only naughtiness was when I managed to sneak into the pit lane during the race in 2004 with a "friend of a friend's" pass. Wish I had a decent camera that day!
Old 11 Dec 2006, 10:23 (Ref:1787759)   #148
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
The cheapest source of tickets is from the organisers ( http://www.lemans.org )

You will need a General Entrance ticket per person, (optional: grandstand seat per person), a camping pass per vehicle.

For the ferry crossing look at Speedferries and Norfolk Lines who are normally the cheapest.

If there's 2 or more of you to a vehicle, £150 is plenty enough for the trip.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 11:16 (Ref:1787821)   #149
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Don't go to the 'naughty' parts of the track - They are closed to the public for good reason - There are plenty of places where you can experience the real sound and fury of Le Mans without putting yourself and others (who would have to go into the same areas to remove you) in danger.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 11:29 (Ref:1787840)   #150
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
how to get to the naughty parts of the track, mulsanne, run up to the porsche curves and the run to indianapolis.

thank you all
If I or any of the other 10ths marshals that work in the "naughty bits" come across boozed up Brits falling out the forest at 3am, we take great delight in sending you back the way you came. And we're the nice guys to meet. You would'nt like the private guards "flying squads" with the hungry doggies.

It's your first year kid, there's plenty to see without getting stupid.

I am truly fed up with the hazard that some ****heads create by thinking it's great fun to try and get into these areas and ....(for example go trackside to try nick bits of broken down cars - see Scuderia Ecosse Ferrari 2005)

Just about to post this and see Graham expressed a similar sentiment whilst I typed this, Thanks GG
(edit it's Scuderai, not Ecurie nowadays)

Last edited by Bodysnatcher; 11 Dec 2006 at 11:32.