Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 29 Aug 2010, 21:46 (Ref:2752021)   #151
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Will the race be resumed or is it over and done with once a red flag has been shown?
It sounds like they are trying to get it in(resumed).

L.P.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 21:47 (Ref:2752023)   #152
AFC-911
Racer

AFC-911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Why has the race been Red Flaged?
Cocker took out Hines (GTC) and the guardrail was badly damaged.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 21:48 (Ref:2752024)   #153
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sounds like the race will be restarted.
Magnussen positive about their possibilities.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 21:49 (Ref:2752026)   #154
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I hope they can muscle there way past Bruni
Old 29 Aug 2010, 21:52 (Ref:2752028)   #155
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anything keeping the Ferrari away from getting good points .
But Magnussen winning wouldn't be that bad (yes i support my fellow countryman )
Old 29 Aug 2010, 21:54 (Ref:2752030)   #156
kyoung
Racer

United States
kyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
They got both cars on the lead lap, not a lot of time though.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 21:55 (Ref:2752031)   #157
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Anything keeping the Ferrari away from getting good points .
But Magnussen winning wouldn't be that bad (yes i support my fellow countryman )
a 5th place finish for Bruni will seal the GT2 Championship for Bergmeister and Long

Did i hear Joerg right, everyone will restart on fresh rubber and it will be a flat out qualifying run to the finish?
Old 29 Aug 2010, 22:06 (Ref:2752037)   #158
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
WOW!! Just saw Hines wreck. He hit huge!!!!!!!!

L.P.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 22:09 (Ref:2752040)   #159
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
WOW!! Just saw Hines wreck. He hit huge!!!!!!!!

L.P.
Where?
Old 29 Aug 2010, 22:11 (Ref:2752041)   #160
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Race Over!? :S
Old 29 Aug 2010, 22:13 (Ref:2752043)   #161
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Restart in a minute
Old 29 Aug 2010, 22:13 (Ref:2752044)   #162
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Well thanks ALMS for wasting my time, why stop the clock with 30 mins on it then rush to fix the wall then decide to do 1 lap under safteycar and throw the chequered flag, what was the point in that.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 22:15 (Ref:2752045)   #163
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Hmm, live timing says that #4 Corvette (Magnussen) is 2nd and the BMW won!?
Old 29 Aug 2010, 22:16 (Ref:2752047)   #164
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
its wrong.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 22:16 (Ref:2752048)   #165
cor123
Rookie

cor123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Corvette Racing report: Race will resume, cars will make one lap under yellow, and then checkers. One and done at Mosport, 4 Corvette finishes P4, 3 Corvette P5.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 22:17 (Ref:2752049)   #166
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
They were trying to get the repair done that was sufficient enough to be safe, but could not. At least they tried to give you a complete race.

L.P.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 22:18 (Ref:2752050)   #167
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Anyway not a bad result for #45, especially considering they apparently wont finish any better than 5th hey dj4money?
Old 29 Aug 2010, 22:36 (Ref:2752053)   #168
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Both Canadian events had a red flag near the end, and I changed back to see the race was over after they stopped the clock.

Luke Hines is lucky there was an armco there and not concrete. That was massive. Glad he is OK, and the damage to the barrier looked to be severe. The armco was a good 10-15 feet "out". Unreal.

Mosport; what a track!
Old 29 Aug 2010, 22:43 (Ref:2752057)   #169
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Man, all four corners of that Porsche were broken. I think in the interview they said it was 'tubbed,' so, need a new one for Petit.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 22:44 (Ref:2752058)   #170
rabbit_racer
Rookie

United States
Washington, DC
rabbit_racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ack... got deprived of another barnburner of a finish. It's like the rain at PLM last year sort of. Looks like the racing to that point was pretty good yet again.

That BMW wreck looked um... "interesting." Onto PLM we go.....
Old 29 Aug 2010, 22:58 (Ref:2752065)   #171
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Yeah we missed a barn-burner, but I can be happy with the result overall.

All the Championships are going down to the end and that's all we wanted. Despite knee-jerk reactionary types I can take my lumps and Flying Lizard have had the lucky rabbits foot all season.

By the on-screen calculations I believe as long as the Lizards finish better than 8th and do 70% they'll win the Championship, at least the Driver's Title.

Oh well a month off and lots of drama in-between with TV deals, race lengths, team changes, teams coming, teams going, etc, etc, etc.

I'm ready for Football Season!

Old 29 Aug 2010, 23:03 (Ref:2752067)   #172
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Dear God...a Bruins fan. That explains a lot!

Agreed on the championships; I like to see the champions crowned at the end of the season and not with one event to go.

With a "shortened" event before PLM, I hope for a FULL event in a month's time.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 23:57 (Ref:2752074)   #173
villamas
Rookie

Costa Rica
Costa Rica
villamas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The last lap in Mosport

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1MCjAARTLc
Old 30 Aug 2010, 00:46 (Ref:2752082)   #174
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great win, am I right that Cytosport has now tied Highcroft for LMP/LMP2 Victories this year if you include them beating Highcroft at Sebring in the LMP2 class? The championship may be hard to get for Cytosport but finishing 70% of the petit le mans is easier said than done. Cytosport may not win the championship this year but they will probably be a force to beat in 2011 even with Pickett as he seemed to be improveing before his crash. I still think IMSA will let the RS Spyder race
Old 30 Aug 2010, 01:15 (Ref:2752085)   #175
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good racing today before the stoppage, impressed to see Hines was ok. Just looking over the results and there were all prototype cars in the top 10 I think for the first time this year.
Speed coverage was a bit odd. during the 1st hour of the race they barely showed the leaders of any of the classes. That has to be pretty hard to do with 4 classes circling.