Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 9 May 2008, 21:00 (Ref:2197856)   #126
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON
From a previous vague memory I recall that Mondello has the level of international license that is one below what's needed to run F1, however (in my opinion the track configuration is far too technical / narrow / twisty for a grid of cars like A1GP.
That's Grade 2. I don't like Mondello as a circuit, but there are worse. I'm not sure if the paddock facilities and so-on are good enough though.
Old 9 May 2008, 21:35 (Ref:2197874)   #127
A1Reporter
Rookie

A1Reporter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mondello is currently a FIA grade 3 circuit which is not higher enough for A1GP (Grade 2)

However once the funding is in place the circuit will be upgraded to International FIA Grade 2 and therefore being able to host rounds of A1GP.

I had a conversation with the circuit bosses about 6 months ago, and this is what I was told when enquiring about A1GP.
Old 9 May 2008, 22:47 (Ref:2197908)   #128
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON
From a previous vague memory I recall that Mondello has the level of international license that is one below what's needed to run F1, however (in my opinion the track configuration is far too technical / narrow / twisty for a grid of cars like A1GP.
I agree with that view. Even F3 is constricted by the circuit as it stands. I don't think it would do Mondello's reputation any good if A1GP were to go there, although it's a great area in which to stay.
Old 9 May 2008, 23:09 (Ref:2197926)   #129
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
I agree with that view. Even F3 is constricted by the circuit as it stands. I don't think it would do Mondello's reputation any good if A1GP were to go there, although it's a great area in which to stay.
Which is why an airfield circuit is a good option. There's a military / government airstrip JUST outside of Dublin. From the city you have to drive past it to get to Mondello, so it's even closer to the population.
Old 10 May 2008, 12:05 (Ref:2198179)   #130
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Didn't ryanair fly there by accident?
Old 10 May 2008, 14:39 (Ref:2198294)   #131
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
Didn't ryanair fly there by accident?
No, that was Londonderry.
Old 10 May 2008, 14:40 (Ref:2198295)   #132
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
oh ok my bad
Old 10 May 2008, 14:44 (Ref:2198298)   #133
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
oh ok my bad
I'll forgive you, this time!
Old 12 May 2008, 21:56 (Ref:2200529)   #134
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Derrick Walker's still impressed by A1 and is looking for a foot in the door for next season... it would be ironic if he ended up running a "Team Australia" again..!
http://walkerracing.com/media/displa...id=443&lang=en
Old 16 May 2008, 14:58 (Ref:2204090)   #135
rychard
Rookie

rychard has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Heard Dubai is almost certain. Evidently Abu Dhabi also wants, but with a GP going there A1 probably wont.

UAE's black gold is a big target for Ferrari.

I also hear SA round is in big danger at Durban and Kyalami would rather target Aussie V8/Superbikes than have A1GP.

Time will tell
Old 16 May 2008, 15:24 (Ref:2204121)   #136
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Heard Dubai is almost certain
I hope some people will turn up to watch this time though, although actually in the grand scheme of things that isn't all that important. Ferrari being able to run one of their Ferrari Festival things in the Gulf would be great for them.
Quote:
SA round is in big danger at Durban
Unfortunately it always seems to be the case. One of the best rounds so would be a shame to lose it.
Quote:
Kyalami would rather target Aussie V8/Superbikes than have A1GP.
Because they are crazy or because they can't afford whatever sanctioning fees A1GP are now charging?
Old 17 May 2008, 05:31 (Ref:2204518)   #137
jackschmidt
Racer

jackschmidt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like Durban, but they have to do something about that hairpin. It's always problematic and with teams simply saying "It's always a problem", I don't like the feeling that they just think there's nothing that can be done about it.
Old 21 May 2008, 10:13 (Ref:2208150)   #138
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13
Will there be a race in Australia in season 4? If so, will it be at Eastern Creek?
Not particularly season 4 related, but I see Alan Jones has been making noises about taking A1 to Albert Park in the future if F1 gets too expensive for it.
Old 21 May 2008, 11:44 (Ref:2208212)   #139
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos
Alan Jones has been making noises
Fixed
Old 22 May 2008, 16:36 (Ref:2209168)   #140
Lam Pak
Veteran

Lam Pak has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
china will test new rookie drivers in august and one is from beijing
Old 22 May 2008, 20:51 (Ref:2209339)   #141
rychard
Rookie

rychard has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackschmidt
I like Durban, but they have to do something about that hairpin. It's always problematic and with teams simply saying "It's always a problem", I don't like the feeling that they just think there's nothing that can be done about it.
It would be pretty easy job to do away with the hairpin. Cars would turn right and joint the track at the left hand turn turn two - look on google earf 29" 50' 19. S & 31" 02' 02. E and you'll see the circuit.
Old 23 May 2008, 10:17 (Ref:2209679)   #142
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lam Pak
china will test new rookie drivers in august and one is from beijing
Any idea who exactly?
Old 27 May 2008, 14:12 (Ref:2213074)   #143
Lam Pak
Veteran

evidentelly i think is david zhu cause he is the protege of frankys manager and he is from beijing.he made an impressive showing in afos-formula asia 2.0 finishing in 4 place on his combo at qualifing.
Old 27 May 2008, 20:49 (Ref:2213443)   #144
surrealillusion
Racer

United Kingdom
Next to my shadow
surrealillusion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is there a definate calender for the next season? Especially the brands hatch date as i would like go see it this time.

Surreal Illusions Motorsport Photography
Old 28 May 2008, 07:32 (Ref:2213667)   #145
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not yet, but as for Brands, I heard you may have to travel a bit further perhaps next season ( or closer, depending on where you live ).

As for now, there seems to be a problem a venue that needs to be sorted before the new calendar will be unveiled.
Old 29 May 2008, 15:35 (Ref:2214732)   #146
Lam Pak
Veteran

good news:adderly fong can be china rookie if he do well in germanf3 and can start in zhu hai
Old 29 May 2008, 23:15 (Ref:2214981)   #147
surrealillusion
Racer

United Kingdom
Next to my shadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardRenes
Not yet, but as for Brands, I heard you may have to travel a bit further perhaps next season ( or closer, depending on where you live ).

As for now, there seems to be a problem a venue that needs to be sorted before the new calendar will be unveiled.
interesting...

is that all there is to know about it? Are msv having troubles renewing the a1gp contract or something?

Old 30 May 2008, 19:04 (Ref:2215510)   #148
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
there is more to know, but not allways to tell
Old 30 May 2008, 21:24 (Ref:2215599)   #149
surrealillusion
Racer

United Kingdom
Next to my shadow
ok..so just a "watch this space" kinda thing then?

Old 31 May 2008, 08:51 (Ref:2215776)   #150
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
well, yes, Calendar is neigh.. the post is allready up on A1GP, just without any readeable text. We think we'll know more on Monday