Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Nov 2000, 19:31 (Ref:48342)   #26
Zep
Rookie

Zep should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Few things I noticed:
"I've seen too many good yound drivers wasted because they don't have enough experience to handle F1 -remember Jan Magnussun (who won 14 F3 races in one year!!) or JJ Lehto.. ok there might have been other issues".

Yep. I can't see what you mean whit JJ... JJ won Britt F3 in 88, went to F3000 in 89 and drove 2-3 last F1 GP's of same F1 season with Onyx, after being Ferrari test driver also in that season. And was in F1 until 94, when testing accident almost paralyzed him -death was just few millemeters away... His F1-career was ended by Briatore. He was superb in the rain and did actually drover Sauber's first points.

"Sauber the team that couldn't win a race with Mercedes engines and Hakkinen driving."

Häkkinen has never raced for Sauber and has been McLaren's since 93. Sauber has had two Finnish drivers: Lehto & Salo. And now of course Räikkönen. Only Sauber-Merc F1-season was 94. Drivers were Frentzen & Wendlinger (with Boullion?).
Old 14 Nov 2000, 21:44 (Ref:48367)   #27
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JJ is not a good example.. but i still think too much was expected of him before he had time to mature properly.. I stood there in the rain at night at Le Mans in 1995 and he was the quickest driver on the track by about 20 seconds per lap, that was for about 2 hours!! He was simply awesome, sliding that McLaren about.

Can I ask where Marc Hynes is now?? The chap that beat JB last year, saw him once this year in German F3, could only manage about 23rd on the grid and then refused to race... then again he wasn't being managed by Manor Motorsport....
Old 15 Nov 2000, 05:03 (Ref:48386)   #28
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I'LL RUN WITH THE IDEA THAT IT COULD BE DANGEROUS. Junquera almost made it into a Williams and only a last minute switch to Bunsen thwarted that deal. Now he is not even mentioned. I agree with the idea that a year in F3000 or F1 testing before any driver gets a superlicence is a must. F1 cars may be getting easier to drive, but when things get out of hand, we get ginormous prangs that involve lots of cars. I hope that Kimi gets into F1, but a year in F3000 can't be that much of an imposition, surely. In my opinion, Mark Webber is a better driver anyway.