Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Nov 2000, 18:11 (Ref:48468)   #1
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Though I hate to give a plug to our competitors, there is a fun Article in the curent issue of Atlas F1 from the point of view that Ferrari and McLaren hadn't competed this past season. It's a rather interesting Alternative History. It puts the achievements of a certain young Button in a very positive light as the boy "Scores" two wins, though it is his teamate Ralfie who maintains the Schumacher name on the trophy.

Given the dominance of the two top teams and the predictibility of the past season, this is a fascinating "What if"...

It also begs the question that the current F1 points system is too restrictive, as so many drivers finishing just outside the top six score mightily in the Bizzaro World.
Old 15 Nov 2000, 19:06 (Ref:48472)   #2
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the other hand, look what happens in NASCAR where scoring is very liberal with rich points paid well down the leader board; a consistent but unspectacular team could walk away with the big prize (grand prix in our world).

Even in CART, J. Vassar had a chance of winning the big one in the last race, although his season was, in my opinion, unremarkable.

If my Superman Comics memory serves, in Bizzaro world everyone says the opposite of what they mean. So all the nice things that teams/drivers say about each other really mean: "I hate their stinking guts". Hey! We really ARE in Bizzaro world!
Old 16 Nov 2000, 00:35 (Ref:48508)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In a really bizzaro world, pilots would be awarded points per lap completed (I think NASCAR does something like this) and points for completing the race without any penalties, for not using bad words or naughty hand gestures, for not referring to their teammate as an idiot (listening, Jacques?), for showing up in a clean overall, for having an attractive wife or girl friend, and for not conducting the Italian National Anthem from the podium. ...

And in case of a tie, each contestant would be required to write fifty words, by hand in legible handwriting, in his own language or any language of his choice, as to "Why I would be the best Ambassador for Formula One."

And let Murray and Martin be the judges.
Old 16 Nov 2000, 02:36 (Ref:48522)   #4
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Okay, okay, I was trying to be cute by calling it the Bizzaro World thereby sending all the Superman Geeks into a tongue clucking frenzy. I APOLOGISE.

But it is a fun article, hop over for a look.
Old 16 Nov 2000, 17:22 (Ref:48642)   #5
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You are absolutly right, EERO, that was most entertaining. Actually more entertaining than the actual season!

Most striking was how fast HHF usually was, with little results to show at the end of the season.
Old 16 Nov 2000, 23:29 (Ref:48691)   #6
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
It reads like a summary of a season from the '70's when any number of drivers might win and the advantage waxes and wanes for each. Go Ralfie and HHF!

Ralf's Girl, if you are around, check it out-I think you would really enjoy it.