Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Jan 2014, 20:34 (Ref:3352173)   #76
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Haha, Mike joins the GT3 ´dark side´!

Good move, lots of success!
Old 9 Jan 2014, 20:47 (Ref:3352179)   #77
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://www.planetlemans.com/2014/01/...ed-pwc-effort/
Congrats on the Dragonspeed drive Mike Hedlund! Curious to see how Henrik Hedman will do at this level
Team Sweden
Old 9 Jan 2014, 21:47 (Ref:3352200)   #78
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Hah, thanks guys! Really excited to get the season started.. the cars are awesome and the racing should be great.

-mike
Old 9 Jan 2014, 21:58 (Ref:3352205)   #79
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Will you be racing in a Stars & Stripes livery?
Old 9 Jan 2014, 21:58 (Ref:3352206)   #80
Brownj
Racer

United States
Georgia, US
Brownj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
Hah, thanks guys! Really excited to get the season started.. the cars are awesome and the racing should be great.

-mike
Congrats Mike! Look forward to seeing your exploits. Are you planning on converting/running the 458 Grand Am that you ran with ESM to GT3-spec, or going with a new/used GT3 car?
Old 9 Jan 2014, 22:01 (Ref:3352209)   #81
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Donuts and Patron--It takes a tough stomach to make it as a racer.
Old 9 Jan 2014, 22:58 (Ref:3352226)   #82
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Hah, not on the entire car! I did like the flag ESM had on the rear quarters though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownj View Post
Congrats Mike! Look forward to seeing your exploits. Are you planning on converting/running the 458 Grand Am that you ran with ESM to GT3-spec, or going with a new/used GT3 car?
Thanks! Ya, I'll be running the same Rolex 458 that we used in the GrandAm series (and the SMP guys are using at Daytona this year). After Daytona it'll be fully upgraded to the latest GT3 spec, but I do like the fact it'll have the more robust GrandAm cage in the car. I'd modify a stock GT3 cage to add higher door bars if I were racing one anyway, so it works out nicely.

Additionally, we'll have wheel mounted paddle shifters added. The car originally came with column mounted paddles like the street car. I never liked them but it wasn't primarily my car so I just rolled with it. We'll also have some fancy cockpit adjustable rollbars from Michelotto which I'm not sure are legal in GT3, but are legal in World Challenge.

Hopefully we can give the Cadillacs a run for their money. I'll be in the GT class, not GT-A.

-mike
Old 10 Jan 2014, 00:22 (Ref:3352237)   #83
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Fantastic news Mike best of luck I'll be cheering you on through out the year.
Old 10 Jan 2014, 00:24 (Ref:3352239)   #84
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
Quote:
What's wrong with the Swedish colors?
Old 10 Jan 2014, 01:42 (Ref:3352255)   #85
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for all the info Mike and congrats! Please keep us in the loop as the season progresses.
Old 10 Jan 2014, 03:17 (Ref:3352273)   #86
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And this will be the same Ferrari's that run in the Blancpain Endurance Series without any modifications yes?
Old 10 Jan 2014, 07:35 (Ref:3352301)   #87
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Good luck Mike; figured you were heading this way and will look forward to watching you in the premier US series with live streaming...
Old 10 Jan 2014, 10:38 (Ref:3352349)   #88
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pederb View Post
What's wrong with the Swedish colors?
Nothing I guess but Hedman is racing with his national colors so it would be neat to see Hedlund doing the same thing with ´his´ car.
Old 10 Jan 2014, 16:06 (Ref:3352473)   #89
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
Quote:
Nothing I guess but Hedman is racing with his national colors so it would be neat to see Hedlund doing the same thing with ´his´ car.
I think Mike is of Swedish decent
Old 10 Jan 2014, 18:08 (Ref:3352519)   #90
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many congrats Mike! Didn't see you at the Roar, so not sure if you were there! Will you be at the 24 hrs just in case an opportunity comes up?
Old 10 Jan 2014, 19:34 (Ref:3352555)   #91
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
And this will be the same Ferrari's that run in the Blancpain Endurance Series without any modifications yes?
Correct. We are allowed cockpit adjustable rollbars in Pirelli World Challenge and I'm not 100% sure that's legal in the homologated FIA GT3 spec. Otherwise the cars should be the same.. even the Pirelli tires are the same compound and construction as run on the 458 GT3 cars in europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pederb View Post
I think Mike is of Swedish decent
Sort of! I'm actually a mutt -- my moms side is Italian/Portuguese and my fathers is German/Swedish. Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
Many congrats Mike! Didn't see you at the Roar, so not sure if you were there! Will you be at the 24 hrs just in case an opportunity comes up?
I'm trying to find a seat for Daytona, but haven't had much luck at the moment. The budgets to run the cars this year are just to high.. both due to changes in the regs and supply/demand. If I don't have anything lined up before the race I'll stay in nice and warm California. :-)

-mike
Old 11 Jan 2014, 01:44 (Ref:3352679)   #92
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
Correct. We are allowed cockpit adjustable rollbars in Pirelli World Challenge and I'm not 100% sure that's legal in the homologated FIA GT3 spec. Otherwise the cars should be the same.. even the Pirelli tires are the same compound and construction as run on the 458 GT3 cars in europe.

Sort of! I'm actually a mutt -- my moms side is Italian/Portuguese and my fathers is German/Swedish. Lol!

I'm trying to find a seat for Daytona, but haven't had much luck at the moment. The budgets to run the cars this year are just to high.. both due to changes in the regs and supply/demand. If I don't have anything lined up before the race I'll stay in nice and warm California. :-)

-mike
Mike, Hedlund is a very Swedish name, mutt or not
Old 11 Jan 2014, 14:32 (Ref:3352805)   #93
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll reiterate the others' sentiments on congratulating Mike on his new ride. Looking forward to hearing your insight and about your exploits through the season.
Old 11 Jan 2014, 15:11 (Ref:3352812)   #94
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only thing the PWC is an endurance race? Any suggestions on how they should go about that?
Old 11 Jan 2014, 19:30 (Ref:3352874)   #95
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
The only thing the PWC is an endurance race? Any suggestions on how they should go about that?
It's unlikely they'd add an endurance race, the costs would increase too much and it'd be a big strain on SCCA. People have to remember that the SCCA does not have IMSA-level resources.
Old 12 Jan 2014, 15:39 (Ref:3353069)   #96
sukispeed
Rookie

United States
San Antonio, TX
sukispeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
It's unlikely they'd add an endurance race, the costs would increase too much and it'd be a big strain on SCCA. People have to remember that the SCCA does not have IMSA-level resources.
NASA has the Thunder Hill 25h and I am pretty sure the SCCA has the NASA level of resources. One three or four hour would be nice.
Old 12 Jan 2014, 18:10 (Ref:3353116)   #97
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
I doubt they'll every do any endurance races under the World Challenge banner. None of the teams are setup for endurance racing. The costs are much higher and it would require a large increase in people hired by the teams for a race weekend. No pit stops and hour long races keep the costs very low.

SCCA Pro Racing has the resources to put on the races, but I don't think the interest would be there from the competitors. Which is a different organization than SCCA Club Racing... my SCCA Pro license won't even get me into local SCCA Club Races. lol!

-mike
Old 13 Jan 2014, 16:36 (Ref:3353461)   #98
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I don't see any need for Pirelli World Challenge to bring endurance races. Those (teams) who want to do longer events should head either to TUSC or Conti Challenge.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 17:27 (Ref:3353915)   #99
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
http://sportscar365.com/gt/world-cha...o-gt-with-tlx/

Pretty cool. Someone needed to replace the Volvos on schooling everyone during the standing starts. :-)

-mike
Old 14 Jan 2014, 17:53 (Ref:3353923)   #100
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't wait to see what K-PAX are going to run this year. It won't be the Volvo S60Rs!