Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Jan 2014, 01:08 (Ref:3361925)   #126
Baigu
Rookie

Canada
Ottawa
Baigu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
World Challenge needs a few marquee events. I like watching it, but I'm never looking forward to a World Challenge race weekend like I do for ALMS or enduro races from other series. I would never travel for a World Challenge race like I would for ALMS / F1 / WEC.

It feels to much like a "B" series, like Continental Tire Series, Indy Lights, Ferrari Challenge, Lambo Trofeo, Porsche Cup... I'm disapointed in myself since they have an awesome line up / variety of cars & full steaming of all their races.
Old 30 Jan 2014, 05:54 (Ref:3361941)   #127
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baigu View Post
World Challenge needs a few marquee events. I like watching it, but I'm never looking forward to a World Challenge race weekend like I do for ALMS or enduro races from other series. I would never travel for a World Challenge race like I would for ALMS / F1 / WEC.

It feels to much like a "B" series, like Continental Tire Series, Indy Lights, Ferrari Challenge, Lambo Trofeo, Porsche Cup... I'm disapointed in myself since they have an awesome line up / variety of cars & full steaming of all their races.
Yea I feel the same,if it were longer races say 1:45-2:00. It would be a lot better.thats always been my problem,cool cars,good drivers, not enough time to get exciting and really sit back and enjoy.untill then it's a good support race to watch when I go to long beach and sonoma for Indy car.
Old 31 Jan 2014, 21:53 (Ref:3362712)   #128
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
That's because it is a B series.
Old 7 Feb 2014, 19:55 (Ref:3365402)   #129
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.endurance-info.com/en/rei...urn-und-taxis/
Reiter Engineering to enter two Lamborghini Gallardo FL2s with Tomas Enge in GT and Albert von Thurn und Taxis in GT-A
Old 7 Feb 2014, 22:20 (Ref:3365467)   #130
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://www.endurance-info.com/en/rei...urn-und-taxis/
Reiter Engineering to enter two Lamborghini Gallardo FL2s with Tomas Enge in GT and Albert von Thurn und Taxis in GT-A
That is pretty cool to see Tomas back in the states.
Old 8 Feb 2014, 10:49 (Ref:3365666)   #131
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Mr Kirkcaldy has apparently confirmed two McLarens for the series too, anyone know who's running them?
Old 8 Feb 2014, 11:28 (Ref:3365670)   #132
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
No idea but here´s the quote from Dagys´ report:

Quote:
**McLaren GT Project Manager Andrew Kirkaldy, who is moonlighting in the VIP McLaren MP4-12C this weekend, confirmed to Sportscar365 that two of the GT3 cars have been sold to a “very strong team” for Pirelli World Challenge. Kirkaldy hopes to have a GTD-spec McLaren running in the TUDOR Championship by the end of the year as well.
Let´s hope Kirkaldy doesn´t have a too tipsy drive

We could also see a Pro (?) Mercedes from HTP later in the season:

Quote:
***HTP Motorsport could also compete in PWC later this year, with the German squad determined to bring at least one of its Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3s Stateside. While a GTD effort in the TUDOR Championship is the primary goal, an entirely new brake system would have to be developed for the car, due to ABS not being allowed. The team, however, is hopeful that AMG would support the necessary changes.
both from http://sportscar365.com/gt/bathurst-...-12h-notebook/
Old 8 Feb 2014, 11:36 (Ref:3365672)   #133
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Mr Kirkcaldy has apparently confirmed two McLarens for the series too, anyone know who's running them?
My money would be on K-Pax.
Old 8 Feb 2014, 12:37 (Ref:3365680)   #134
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
K-Pax sounds pausible, too bad the Volvos are leaving that way but the McLarens make a great addition.

It´s gonna be stellar entrylist this way!

The more I think of it, the more sense the decision to let full FIA GT3 cars in is starting to make.

With the connection to Pirelli both in the US and in Europe, an endurance race spin off at the end of the season would be great - an invitation race over 500k/max. 3 hours for both WC GT/GTS and TUSC GTD cars, set up like the regural Blancpain Endurance Series races with Pro, Pro-Am and Gentelmen Trophy divisions. To be held in late October, Sebring would be nice (Mid-Ohio comes to mind too but not sure about the weather conditions at that time-o-year).

One can always dream...
Old 8 Feb 2014, 12:56 (Ref:3365682)   #135
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
K-Pax sounds pausible, too bad the Volvos are leaving that way but the McLarens make a great addition.

It´s gonna be stellar entrylist this way!

The more I think of it, the more sense the decision to let full FIA GT3 cars in is starting to make.

With the connection to Pirelli both in the US and in Europe, an endurance race spin off at the end of the season would be great - an invitation race over 500k/max. 3 hours for both WC GT/GTS and TUSC GTD cars, set up like the regural Blancpain Endurance Series races with Pro, Pro-Am and Gentelmen Trophy divisions. To be held in late October, Sebring would be nice (Mid-Ohio comes to mind too but not sure about the weather conditions at that time-o-year).

One can always dream...
Or Laguna seca, taking the old alms fall weekend slot!
Old 8 Feb 2014, 19:23 (Ref:3365740)   #136
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep
The only thing I'm afraid of is that they get too expensive in comparison with the old WC GT rules.
Old 8 Feb 2014, 19:44 (Ref:3365756)   #137
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Actually, you could already build some fantastically expensive cars under the WC rules. The ACS Mustangs from some years ago were suppossed to have cost well North of $1000000. Also the first-gen Caddy CTS-V was at the time the most complex car ever build by P&M and apparently more expensive than the contemporary C5.R.
Old 11 Feb 2014, 11:48 (Ref:3366864)   #138
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Reiter in with a couple of Lambos. I think this is pretty big news for the series.
Also looking forward to K-Pax announcing their cars soon.

http://www.racer.com/index.php/2014-...rghini-program
Old 12 Feb 2014, 02:35 (Ref:3367173)   #139
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
Any idea how many Viper GT3's have been sold so far?
3 according to this.
http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=22859
The PWC grid is going to be quite the car show. The grid last year was impressive but it is taking another big step forward for 2014.
Old 15 Feb 2014, 19:04 (Ref:3368825)   #140
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
According to the official website, there's 64 grand tourers and 28 touring cars!

o- 19 in GT
o- 9 in GT-A
o- 36 in GTS
o- 10 in TC
o- 2 in TCA
o- 16 in TCB
Old 15 Feb 2014, 22:42 (Ref:3368887)   #141
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
GTS is touring cars though.
Old 15 Feb 2014, 23:30 (Ref:3368904)   #142
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
GTS has plenty of Mustangs and Camaros. GT had the Volvo S60. You know
Old 16 Feb 2014, 07:30 (Ref:3368969)   #143
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
GTS has plenty of Mustangs and Camaros. GT had the Volvo S60. You know
Yes but the GTS 4 doors are cars built to the old Speed WC Touring Car Rules...
Old 17 Feb 2014, 16:28 (Ref:3369373)   #144
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
K-Pax running 2 McLaren MP4-12C's:

http://sportscar365.com/gt/world-cha...4-12cs-in-pwc/

2014 will be some damn good racing.

-mike
Old 17 Feb 2014, 16:32 (Ref:3369376)   #145
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post

-mike

Great news to hear! I bet you feel like something real special is going on in PWC now Mr. Hedlund.
Old 17 Feb 2014, 17:31 (Ref:3369393)   #146
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bam, that's awesome.

Any word on where Pobst is ending up?
Old 17 Feb 2014, 17:55 (Ref:3369398)   #147
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
Bam, that's awesome.

Any word on where Pobst is ending up?
Checked his website?

http://www.randypobst.com/index.cfm?...1&news_id=5838

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 18 Feb 2014, 03:05 (Ref:3369549)   #148
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post

-mike
That's going to be awesome!!

I wonder if P&M will be able/have to upgrade anything, or do they think they're competitive as is to their new forms of competition?
Old 18 Feb 2014, 03:23 (Ref:3369552)   #149
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
Sometimes it's so simple eh? Whoops!
Old 20 Feb 2014, 06:09 (Ref:3370278)   #150
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"The McLaren MP4-12C GT3 made its competitive debut in multiple European race series in 2012, winning 19 times in 98 starts. In 2013, the car accounted for 22 victories in 101 races – a staggering winning percentage of more than 22 percent."

My favorite part of the article...how is 22 of 101 more than 22%? Or if added together, 41 of 199? Baffling...