Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Nov 2000, 12:19 (Ref:48286)   #26
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by downforce
why does evryone on this board think Rubens wouldve got past Michael in Canada, if it wern't for team-orders???

As far as Michael is concerned...it was HE who recieved team orders in the first place to BACK-OFF coz of a technical hassle...

Having been there, downforce, the entire place was rocking in anticipation of the move taking place. We of course could not have been aware of any team orders telling TGF to back off, however, at the rate that Barrichello was hauling him in, the only possible explanation for the reason that Barrichello did not pass Schumacher was that he was told NOT to pass.
Old 14 Nov 2000, 12:54 (Ref:48296)   #27
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speaking from my Prost-at-All-Costs era, you TGF worshippers are in for a nasty time when your hero reaches the downhill side of his career. And every last one of them do reach it sooner or later.

I'm also interested in hearing what excuses TGF will make up as to why Mr. Younger And Faster is beating him, and taking not of any that Prost did not think up.
Old 14 Nov 2000, 13:22 (Ref:48298)   #28
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
I'm also interested in hearing what excuses TGF will make up as to why Mr. Younger And Faster is beating him, and taking not of any that Prost did not think up.
LOL Can you translate that to english please?

It was the same with Senna in terms of "worship" and it was just as tedious. The purists went for Prost.

I think that the "worshippers" will either give up on the sport when their idol retires or will immediately transfer their affections to the next "god".

Objectivity is the thing. That's why I consider RB to be a little less than good, because objectively he didn't use the equipment he was given to its best performance. Using the argument that the best always went to TGF or that the Ferrari team conspired against him, is to me, not particularly objective. Also, if he really had team problems he should have made them clear to all. Or was he just thinking of the money?
Old 14 Nov 2000, 14:16 (Ref:48306)   #29
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Speaking from my Prost-at-All-Costs era, you TGF worshippers are in for a nasty time when your hero reaches the downhill side of his career. And every last one of them do reach it sooner or later.

...that sooner or later is Quite faraway Liz, sorry for you,
but hey im waitin for Nick, Pedro, Ralfy and now Kimi to grow up!!....and oh so dearly for Narain and Parthiv to get into F1...
Old 14 Nov 2000, 15:47 (Ref:48315)   #30
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Michael would quit when he knows he isnt at his best anymore...or there is no more space for improvements...

To get a hint of what would happen if Michael faces a downhill slide?
Look at Hill from 1997 to 1999
what happened to his supporters when he refuses to quit??

But i think Michael would have more sense than Damon to stick around longer than he should...
Old 14 Nov 2000, 17:22 (Ref:48324)   #31
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Although you make a good point I think you've been somewhat harsh on Damon. He was still fighting in '97 and even got the first Jordan win in '98 using "Ferrari style" tactics. However '99 was a disaster and a shame for all that.
Old 14 Nov 2000, 17:29 (Ref:48330)   #32
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Peter's last post. Damon should have retired after 98, but was good until then. He nearly won a race in an Arrows, remember!
Old 14 Nov 2000, 17:49 (Ref:48333)   #33
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should have said "take NOTE" not take "NOT". I doubt there are any new excuses in racing. But I think you will see TGF dragged off the F1 stage with a hook and a rope ... I can't see him gracefully surrendering the stage to Juan Pablo (for example)...

Just had a very funny vision of TGF parking his Ferrari at the Garage and claiming it is "undriveable" (the Hill Excuse) and JPM jumping in and winning the Belgian GP with the same car ... and then having Bernie declare that the car was illegal - because TGF said it was undriveable, therefore that had to be true.

Maybe TGF and Bernie will walk off into the sunset hand in hand some day ... I'd buy a ticket to see that.
Old 15 Nov 2000, 23:59 (Ref:48501)   #34
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know what really ticks me off? Is how Gene got all the good bits at Minardi and Mazzacane was left to flounder at the back, just like Barrichello! OOOOH! That really angers me!!!
Old 16 Nov 2000, 00:25 (Ref:48506)   #35
Liz
Veteran

Now that Gene is virtually locked into the Williams testing job, I think you will be surprised to see how good he is.

But of course you are being sarcastic and therefore you probably don't give a hoot about either Gene or Mazza.
Old 16 Nov 2000, 23:57 (Ref:48693)   #36
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
Yes i was being sarcastic! But i am looking forward to seeing what Gene can do as a Williams tester! Who knows maybe he'll be incredibly quick, and Sir Frank will replace one of his Race Drivers with him mid-season!
Old 17 Nov 2000, 12:32 (Ref:48752)   #37
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, right. Like he's going to be quicker than either Ralf or Montoya. He might be good, but I don't think he's that good.
Old 18 Nov 2000, 02:21 (Ref:48829)   #38
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
Actually I wasn't being entirely serious on that last statement either. I guess the Spinning Happy Face doesn't quite convey the irreverence I was aiming for!

But back to Barrichello! Even, as some would suggest that he isn't being given the good bits at Ferrari; I still don't think he (as a top flight driver) should be so thoroughly outperformed on a consistent basis as he was this past year!
Sure Schumacher is the top dog, but to me it looked like Rubens just didn't have the fight in him. Maybe he would be better off at Jordan! Where's it nice, soft and warm.