Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 5 Jul 2003, 20:17 (Ref:653554)   #1
rush1
Veteran

rush1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CART TV schedule

What channel is covering tonights race for US CART fans?
Old 5 Jul 2003, 20:21 (Ref:653558)   #2
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
-fox sports en espanol, can ou believe it?!
tomorrow tape delay on CBS 6.30 ET
I guess they won't broadcast against the pepsi 400 nascar race, but its dumb if oyou ask me to tape delay.
whay not play it later that night, or whatever...
Old 5 Jul 2003, 20:50 (Ref:653570)   #3
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What oval race will be watched by all 3 people tonight? It's not the Pepsi 400...
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 5 Jul 2003, 20:54 (Ref:653572)   #4
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by gttouring
I guess they won't broadcast against the pepsi 400 nascar race, but its dumb if oyou ask me to tape delay.
whay not play it later that night, or whatever...
The casual fans won't stay up to watch it, only the hardcore fans will. Better TV ratings sunday afternoon and it would be silly to go up against NASCAR in primetime right now.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 5 Jul 2003, 20:58 (Ref:653573)   #5
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Just found out the imbred racing league is having their roundy round on Sunday, not tonight...nobody will be watching that, so Cart can get a much better audience than if they went up against the Daytona race tonight.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 5 Jul 2003, 22:12 (Ref:653608)   #6
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CART is apparently being shown live in Europe. At 2:30 am. I'm staying.
I'm sorry that you, rush, ever the die-hard CART fan can't watch it....
Old 7 Jul 2003, 16:17 (Ref:654953)   #7
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I've just noticed that Toronto is also live on CBS!
Hurray! Now Canadians won't have to watch the terrible CBC coverage!
Old 7 Jul 2003, 16:20 (Ref:654956)   #8
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
Actually it's the terrible Global coverage, and they really do butcher the race don't they?

Last edited by enemy-ace; 7 Jul 2003 at 16:21.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 8 Jul 2003, 02:20 (Ref:655446)   #9
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Omega99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Global makes the folks over at TSN look like geniuses, which says quite a lot about how bad they are... Still, you have to appreciate the fact that they will have FULL coverage. Their coverage is also aimed at the person who has never seen or heard of the Molson Indy, which is actually a large number of people. Those people will benefit the most from the coverage, and maybe, just ,maybe they'll become serious fans...

GLOBAL: "This is the front wing of a champ car. It's designed to create downforce, which helps the cars stick to the road. And this is a corner. It helps keep cars from going in a straight line. Drivers must turn the front wheels of their cars in order to negotiate them without dying. Slowing down with the use of what are known as brakes also helps."

Yeah, I'll be watching CBS (Thank God!) Unless they black it out in Canada...
Old 8 Jul 2003, 05:13 (Ref:655499)   #10
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gee Lush1 has really lightened up after a big stick tap on the back of the head.
Old 8 Jul 2003, 11:14 (Ref:655681)   #11
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay
What oval race will be watched by all 3 people tonight? It's not the Pepsi 400...
A feat that will no doubt be beaten by Road America on HDTV!
Old 8 Jul 2003, 11:27 (Ref:655694)   #12
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, whose idiotic idea was THAT? Thank goodness for Cart.com radio.
Old 8 Jul 2003, 18:19 (Ref:656065)   #13
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by corkholio
A feat that will no doubt be beaten by Road America on HDTV!
Do 3 people have that HDTV or whatever it is? I think it's being shown in canada tape delayed though.... at least TSN is saying that.
Old 8 Jul 2003, 18:34 (Ref:656087)   #14
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Jay... Regarding TSN and RA... I don't know how you got the info but it's the best piece of news I've heard in awhile!
Old 9 Jul 2003, 00:25 (Ref:656396)   #15
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Sorry to get your hopes up macdaddy, they had it up as being tape delayed to the evening until quite recently, but I notice now that it's not there anymore. Although, on Cart.com it still shows it as being on at 7pm in the evening. The Brazilians will get to see it live though.

My suggestion, email TSN.ca and enquire! I am...

Last edited by Jay; 9 Jul 2003 at 00:26.
Old 9 Jul 2003, 01:10 (Ref:656412)   #16
corkholio
Veteran

Or just move to Brazil.
Old 9 Jul 2003, 02:10 (Ref:656434)   #17
rush1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay
Sorry to get your hopes up macdaddy, they had it up as being tape delayed to the evening until quite recently, but I notice now that it's not there anymore. Although, on Cart.com it still shows it as being on at 7pm in the evening. The Brazilians will get to see it live though.

My suggestion, email TSN.ca and enquire! I am...
Such a shame that the best Brazilian drivers are now in the IRL Indy Car Series.
Old 9 Jul 2003, 02:22 (Ref:656440)   #18
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Who? Da Matta went to F1... and Junqueira finished ahead of the others...
Old 9 Jul 2003, 02:28 (Ref:656442)   #19
rush1
Veteran

Junquiera is the only good Brazilian driver in CART. Da Matta bolted CART. And I am sure Castroneves, Kaanan or De Ferran would have more F1 victories than Ruebens. How many wins for him in all these years in F1, 2 or 3?
Old 9 Jul 2003, 02:43 (Ref:656445)   #20
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
True those drivers are excellent road racers, it really is a shame they are wasting their talent going in circles. Wouldn't you agree?
Old 9 Jul 2003, 03:03 (Ref:656457)   #21
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Except for Kaanan, he hasn't won anything... well one very lucky win. But other than that, he's never done anything.

Actually, I wouldn't knock the IRL. Guys like Kanaan, Unser Jr, Takagi, Yasukawa and many other drivers get a chance to run up front and race for wins. Something they wouldn't be able to do in any other major series.

Last edited by Jay; 9 Jul 2003 at 03:06.
Old 9 Jul 2003, 05:46 (Ref:656494)   #22
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay
Except for Kaanan, he hasn't won anything... well one very lucky win. But other than that, he's never done anything.

Actually, I wouldn't knock the IRL. Guys like Kanaan, Unser Jr, Takagi, Yasukawa and many other drivers get a chance to run up front and race for wins. Something they wouldn't be able to do in any other major series.
Well said, Jay.
Old 9 Jul 2003, 05:52 (Ref:656498)   #23
corkholio
Veteran

Kanaan would have some more wins if he got to drive for a better team than Tasman/FCR and Nunn.

Actually, I wouldn't knock CART. Superstar nice guys studs like Lavin, Camathias, Yoong, Geoff Boss, Alex Sperafico, Lemarie, and lest we forget the Mexican legend Roberto "Speedy" Gonzalez would have gotten the shaft because talented drivers would have stolen the rides that they so richly deserved.
Old 9 Jul 2003, 13:26 (Ref:656857)   #24
rush1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by corkholio
Kanaan would have some more wins if he got to drive for a better team than Tasman/FCR and Nunn.

Actually, I wouldn't knock CART. Superstar nice guys studs like Lavin, Camathias, Yoong, Geoff Boss, Alex Sperafico, Lemarie, and lest we forget the Mexican legend Roberto "Speedy" Gonzalez would have gotten the shaft because talented drivers would have stolen the rides that they so richly deserved.
Yes, when you replace Dixon, Scheckter, Kanaan and Franchiti with those wonderful drivers its hard not to be bullish about the future of bptccwspbf.

Last edited by rush1; 9 Jul 2003 at 13:26.
Old 9 Jul 2003, 14:37 (Ref:656907)   #25
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Franchitti's not racing anywhere (although his friends say he'd like to be racing in Cart), and the other three have a combined 2 wins in 7 seasons of Cart.