Sebastien Buemi 0 0%
Robert Kubica 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Nov 2009, 14:46 (Ref:2573432)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Race - Abu Dhabi

The last lap was worth the entire race...
Old 1 Nov 2009, 14:51 (Ref:2573438)   #2
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kobayashi

Kobayashi.

Vettel was damn good though, but I'm going to go for the guy in his second race who was as quick as in Brazil, but without the OTT heroics.

Heidfeld once again was barely shown, but has had the measure quite comprehensively of the highly-regarded Kubica this weekend.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 14:53 (Ref:2573440)   #3
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toss up between Vettel and Kobayashi.... going for Kobayashi for the rookie factor and overtaking.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 14:54 (Ref:2573441)   #4
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can we get a poll?
Old 1 Nov 2009, 14:56 (Ref:2573443)   #5
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kobayashi. seems better in F1 than in GP2
Old 1 Nov 2009, 14:59 (Ref:2573448)   #6
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vettel for a good win - Kobayashi gets an hon mension
Old 1 Nov 2009, 15:18 (Ref:2573464)   #7
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kamui Kobayashi, with honourable mentions to Buemi and Vettel.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 15:29 (Ref:2573469)   #8
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel82 View Post
Kobayashi. seems better in F1 than in GP2
It's a night and day difference, which is very surprising and very welcome.

He gets my vote.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 15:30 (Ref:2573470)   #9
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
The last lap was worth the entire race...
Says it all
Kobayashi
Old 1 Nov 2009, 16:05 (Ref:2573497)   #10
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kobayashi was my vote. Stunning.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 16:07 (Ref:2573498)   #11
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Kobayashi. Fast in a heavy car, which could come in handy next season.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 18:16 (Ref:2573576)   #12
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Was going to go for Kobayashi, especially when he started pulling away from Jenson in 3rd, then was going to go for Jenson himself after catching up to the back of Mark but ultimately went for Seb V.

Won the race in dominant fashion (would have won it even if Lewis had stayed in the race) and beat his team mate on the same stratergy by 17 seconds.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 18:23 (Ref:2573584)   #13
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Outstanding drive from Kobayashi, and I love his agressive style. Future race winner for sure.

Runner up goes to Alguersari for his admirable attempt at helpfully parking his car in the Red Bull pit.

Last edited by Gingers4Justice; 1 Nov 2009 at 18:33.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 18:39 (Ref:2573590)   #14
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
It looks like Toyota were impressed too!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79960
Old 1 Nov 2009, 19:43 (Ref:2573625)   #15
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kobayashi for me too. I wasn't sure after Interlagos whether he was F1 material, but I'll take that back after today. Let's hope we get to see what he can do over an entire season when the pressure is on.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 20:28 (Ref:2573660)   #16
AshMcD
Rookie

AshMcD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy-18 View Post
Kobayashi for me too. I wasn't sure after Interlagos whether he was F1 material, but I'll take that back after today. Let's hope we get to see what he can do over an entire season when the pressure is on.
Not sure about him? He must have provided too much excitement and interest for you.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 23:10 (Ref:2573780)   #17
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kobayashi,

For only the second time race conditions with the car, he was superb. Certainly put the likes of Grosjean and Alguersuari in their place.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 23:20 (Ref:2573784)   #18
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Kamui Kobayashi excellent...
Old 1 Nov 2009, 23:29 (Ref:2573790)   #19
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Kobayashi for me. The second race in a row I have gone for him. What he has done, all things considered, has been decidedly impressive.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 23:35 (Ref:2573796)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hint hint McLaren, Kobayashi !
Old 2 Nov 2009, 03:03 (Ref:2573853)   #21
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jenson for me, amazing how he still had a front wing at the end.
Old 2 Nov 2009, 03:31 (Ref:2573865)   #22
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Timo who? Kobayashi outclassed his more experienced teammate Jarno "It's all your fault" Trulli and made the world champion look stupid. AGAIN!
Old 2 Nov 2009, 08:28 (Ref:2573930)   #23
Lotusonpole
Veteran

United Kingdom
NW England
Lotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kobayashi for me.
Again he impressed and carried on from his great intro in Brazil.
Definitely one to watch if he gets the seat next season, which looks likely.

Lewis was excellent in practice and quali. Pity the lack of brakes saw him retire so early. Seb V drove really well too.
Also Jensen's last few laps closing in on Mark W was great to watch.
Old 2 Nov 2009, 09:12 (Ref:2573945)   #24
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kamui Kobayashi - no stage fright for him... Looks likely to get a Toyota drive too!
Old 2 Nov 2009, 09:47 (Ref:2573966)   #25
Hesketh
Racer

Hesketh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kobayashi to me. I also enjoyed Jenson, Webber, Vettel and Buemi.