Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 Jun 2014, 01:19 (Ref:3424422)   #651
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I missed the race, is there a replay?
Old 21 Jun 2014, 01:23 (Ref:3424424)   #652
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I missed the race, is there a replay?
Right here. Skip to ~15:30 for the race "start".
Old 22 Jun 2014, 03:03 (Ref:3424790)   #653
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow good racing out there this weekend.sucks to see a long yellow but as long as everyone is ok, big looking crash for figgie.i hope we see him and his mclaren back.

Please no more street circuits,please come back to laguna seca!

I can't wait to watch them at sonoma,I hope the acura's show up.but if not,the Bentley was looking pretty damn good out there.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 03:31 (Ref:3424792)   #654
cobraRed01
Rookie

United States
New Jersey
cobraRed01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spectacular Round 8 on a great course. Last 10 minutes was seriously good fun. Roush was absolutely storming. Bentley was pretty damn impressive. PWC showing how coverage should be done. I missed both live races...but could catch the FULL races online...within hours. Great series.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 17:37 (Ref:3425018)   #655
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
Wow good racing out there this weekend.sucks to see a long yellow but as long as everyone is ok, big looking crash for figgie.i hope we see him and his mclaren back.

Please no more street circuits,please come back to laguna seca!

I can't wait to watch them at sonoma,I hope the acura's show up.but if not,the Bentley was looking pretty damn good out there.
+1. Looking into either Sonoma or Miller.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 22 Jun 2014, 20:02 (Ref:3425061)   #656
DeezPutz
Racer

DeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent race yesterday. I was happy to leave after PWC ended. The "fans" that were there for Nationwide are probably a sign of things to come for the IMSA race. No thanks.

A race series with racecars for race fans is refreshing. Sprint races cut to the point and let the fans go home. Anyone notice the zip line structures going up? How sad that Road America has to turn to silly tripe like that. Rumor has it Sprint Cup will be on the 2016 schedule now. One can only assume ferris wheels and magic shows will be added.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 20:03 (Ref:3425062)   #657
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
You missed a damn good Busch series race.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 20:15 (Ref:3425067)   #658
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezPutz View Post
One can only assume ferris wheels and magic shows will be added.

Le Mans has had a ferris wheel for almost as long as I can remember... and Daytona, even before TUSC took over.

Old 22 Jun 2014, 20:22 (Ref:3425070)   #659
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I mean, hey, if thirty minutes of FCY followed by 20 minutes of racing makes an excellent race....
Old 22 Jun 2014, 21:17 (Ref:3425079)   #660
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I wish I could have been there. rain at the track is actually pretty fun, and it did make for a good NASCAR race! and back on topic it seems in PWC there is pretty commonly a caution or two which hurts the racing overall because it shortens the race so much
Old 22 Jun 2014, 22:04 (Ref:3425097)   #661
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The first race was caution free and was a pretty damn good race, if johny O' hadn't jumped the start fudging up everyone else it would of been great .the start of the second race was awesome just to bad for the big crash.

The nationwide race wasn't all that great,stock cars in the wet with windshield wipers is interesting though.only good part of that race was watching tagliani was coming from the back to second in that green white checker.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 22:18 (Ref:3425102)   #662
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Something interestingly cool mentioned in the broadcast was that Tim bergmiesters Porsche gt3 rsr is the same tub he had that huge crash at Fuji in, it's been rebuilt and he's been racing in it and he calls it Phoenix.pretty cool.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 13:02 (Ref:3425395)   #663
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I wish I could have been there. rain at the track is actually pretty fun, and it did make for a good NASCAR race! and back on topic it seems in PWC there is pretty commonly a caution or two which hurts the racing overall because it shortens the race so much
World Challenge put on a great weekend! It was a shame to see the Mclaren crash out in race 2, but despite the long caution there was still a lot a good racing.
I really enjoyed the TC/TCA/TCB races also. Those Fiats and Minis are really fun to watch.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 13:14 (Ref:3425404)   #664
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Apparently I did as well... and I was there.
Was there another Nationwide race, other than the one held Saturday?

All joking aside, the rain at least made it interesting. It was sort of fun to watch, even if a little comedic at times.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 13:14 (Ref:3425405)   #665
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Something interestingly cool mentioned in the broadcast was that Tim bergmiesters Porsche gt3 rsr is the same tub he had that huge crash at Fuji in, it's been rebuilt and he's been racing in it and he calls it Phoenix.pretty cool.
Cool story.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 14:15 (Ref:3425424)   #666
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm wondering if we might see any of the forthcoming Callaway Corvette GT3's show up in this championship.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 15:51 (Ref:3425464)   #667
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
I'm wondering if we might see any of the forthcoming Callaway Corvette GT3's show up in this championship.
Callaway stopped development on a GT3 C7 Vette when GT Convergence came about. I don't know what they're going to do now.
Old 24 Jun 2014, 01:22 (Ref:3425680)   #668
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So that was a fun weekend, good races from PWC. All the GT3s are cool in person, the McLaren's definitely my favorite. Bummed that one got written off, but glad Alex Figge is OK.

Great debut for the Dyson Bentley, though!
Old 24 Jun 2014, 04:58 (Ref:3425715)   #669
Hendrix
Racer

United States
Minnesota
Hendrix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both races were rather good, hopefully I can get to RA for the races next year.

I do wish they would find a way to get stranded cars off track faster though, it seems the caution period in the second race could have been much shorter than it was.
Old 24 Jun 2014, 05:28 (Ref:3425719)   #670
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Uhh one destroyed race car another partially destroyed,fluids spread a couple hundred yards or so, barrier damage,and two drivers potentially hurt and needing medical assessment......yea stranded cars....there are stranded cars,and for the most part they are left out there unless in a dangerous spot.race 8 had a scary shunt and I feel it was handled correctly. They could always spend a hour caution to let a car burn like TUSCAR.
Old 24 Jun 2014, 05:45 (Ref:3425725)   #671
Hendrix
Racer

United States
Minnesota
It took them over 10 minutes to get the cars on the flatbeds, long after they confirmed both drivers were ok.

I understand a crash like that takes longer to clean up, but surely there must be a way to make it faster.
Old 24 Jun 2014, 07:14 (Ref:3425746)   #672
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most of the time was attending to the drivers wasn't it? Never rush medical work....
Old 24 Jun 2014, 20:10 (Ref:3426029)   #673
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Somewhat relevant: http://sportscar365.com/gt/24hdubai/...rican-entries/

Also Creventic should really consider running one of their endurance events in the US (in addition to their current schedule).

Edit: plus this one: http://racer.com/scca-home/item/1047...ca-club-racing

Last edited by Coach Ep; 24 Jun 2014 at 20:32.
Old 24 Jun 2014, 20:15 (Ref:3426031)   #674
Breitling24
Veteran

Quote:
... in that green white checker.
SOP

Old 25 Jun 2014, 05:46 (Ref:3426159)   #675
Hendrix
Racer

United States
Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
Most of the time was attending to the drivers wasn't it? Never rush medical work....
According to the commentators both walked away under their own power so I can't imagine it took that long. I'm also fine with taking time if needed, but I would like to see caution periods shortened as much as possible.