Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Next year I will (chose the closest most likely option)
Watch live on BBC or Sky depending which it is on. 36 32.73%
Watch only BBC live or delayed/highlights. 48 43.64%
Watch only BBC live (live or not bother). 16 14.55%
Not watch, it is over for me. 10 9.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2 Mar 2012, 21:42 (Ref:3034201)   #1626
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
Girls, girls girls!

Just seen some of the promo content on the SkyF1HD channel. I like!
I saw the trailer for the BBC earlier which was simple and short but very effective IMO. The new season can't come soon enough!
Old 2 Mar 2012, 21:57 (Ref:3034208)   #1627
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The BBC trailer is simple and short but very effective, the sky one is pretty dull.
Quote:
Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
Being surprised yourself is puzzling for me because as far as I am aware you don't know me personally.
I only have your previous posting to base it on. It seemed to be contradictory, but you have clarified the situation. Thanks.

Last edited by Adam43; 2 Mar 2012 at 22:02.
Old 2 Mar 2012, 22:55 (Ref:3034244)   #1628
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Emmo! Legends of F1 on sky F1 is Emmo. The man. Fortunately Rider is interviewing.
Just a preview, but looks good, but then it is Emmo.
Old 3 Mar 2012, 01:58 (Ref:3034300)   #1629
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Some interesting stuff is already turning up on the Sky F1 channel, and it all looks to have been done very professionally.
Old 3 Mar 2012, 06:50 (Ref:3034347)   #1630
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I thought the sound in the Emmo interview was poor quality and I didn't like the tune played over the Williams build.
Old 3 Mar 2012, 07:13 (Ref:3034354)   #1631
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Could have been worse, Brundle could have done the commentary!!! |*

*this is just a guess , i didn't see it, so he may well have done for all i know !!!
Old 3 Mar 2012, 08:21 (Ref:3034371)   #1632
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
The BBC trailer is simple and short but very effective, the sky one is pretty dull.
I only have your previous posting to base it on. It seemed to be contradictory, but you have clarified the situation. Thanks.
You're welcome.
Old 3 Mar 2012, 12:26 (Ref:3034475)   #1633
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
The thing I fear is that this channel is designed for me in my late teens and early twenties. ie, when I was a student and had time for all this! I would have lapped this up then, as I did when I bought sky so I could get the F1digital+ channel. Except this looks loads better than that. The added content looks great.

Oh and how cool is Emmo? Emmo is 40,000 cool.
Old 3 Mar 2012, 13:03 (Ref:3034490)   #1634
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

Oh and how cool is Emmo? Emmo is 40,000 cool.
Emmo had these effortlessly cool sideburns. I think he might still do.

As for Sky, I am reviewing my BT contract, as I pay £50 a month (a rate agreed when we lived in an area with BT Infinity, their quick broadband service). Now we don't, we're told we have to pay the same price. The whole thing seems a bit shoddy to me, so I'm looking at Sky, which apparently I can get everything for plus F1 for £42.50.

Darkside/ sell-out, etc.
Old 3 Mar 2012, 13:27 (Ref:3034500)   #1635
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
I changed to Sky Broadband and to HD at the same time. Saves about £10 per month against BT plus I automatically get Sky F1.
Old 3 Mar 2012, 13:42 (Ref:3034505)   #1636
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The disadvantage is we'll have to pay a £100 fine.
Old 7 Mar 2012, 20:17 (Ref:3036646)   #1637
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sky have confirmed "Just Drive" by Alistair Griffin - originally used by the BBC for their end-of-season montage in 2010 - will be their theme music for F1 next year.

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/...-Sky-Sports-F1
Old 7 Mar 2012, 20:27 (Ref:3036648)   #1638
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
ooo, I'd not considered The Chain issue!

Damien Smith has tweeted his opinion of the trailers. Twitter isn't allowing me to go bac to yesterday at the moment and find the link, but it aint hidden!
Old 7 Mar 2012, 23:09 (Ref:3036727)   #1639
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

I don't like News Corp and I don't like paying Bernie and Rupes more money, but neither do I like cutting off my nose to spite my face.

With this in mind, I now have Sky.

What can I say? I Formula 1.

I couldn't even be bothered to rant about News Corp at the lackey on the phone, because they are trained never to respond, so I may as well tell the wall what I think.

But the thing is, I'm paying 50 quid a month for phone and internet (BT). With Sky, I'll pay 50 quid a month for phone, internet and Formula 1.

Principles are great, but boring, and Formula 1 is greater and more enjoyable.

Also, the RTL idea was great, but if that meant calling out someone just to point the satellite a certain direction, that would cost more than F1 for a month (£30 for the TV package).
Old 8 Mar 2012, 00:23 (Ref:3036745)   #1640
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Welcome to the dark side.
Old 8 Mar 2012, 00:25 (Ref:3036748)   #1641
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never seen so many posters all over the place advertising Sky's F1.

Hope they catch a cold financially ... but somehow I doubt it !!
Old 8 Mar 2012, 00:59 (Ref:3036765)   #1642
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Welcome to the dark side.
God called and he's booked me in for Hell. I wasn't having a great day anyway, because I've had heartburn since 3pm when that bit of my soul died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulaweybridge View Post
Never seen so many posters all over the place advertising Sky's F1.
I'd prefer to end up in the sky rather than burning in the centre of the earth. Ah, did I mention the sky again? They get so much free advertising.

Quote:
Hope they catch a cold financially ... but somehow I doubt it !!
I'll catch the same financial cold, 50 quid VS 50 quid, but I actually get more for my money (okay, admittedly, I only get the same F1 I had last year for the cost of the licence fee, but now I'm actually getting more product. Also, is it really that expensive? I know it's far more expensive than last year and I appreciate the mix of budgets everyone has, but it's the cost of a trip to the supermarket.
Old 8 Mar 2012, 06:33 (Ref:3036826)   #1643
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Hope they catch a cold financially ...
Thats nice. I'd rather pay for something that i enjoy and be happy about it, as oppossed to moaning about everyone else because they are preparded to do it
Old 8 Mar 2012, 07:22 (Ref:3036836)   #1644
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Principles are great, but boring, and Formula 1 is greater and more enjoyable..
I was quite enjoying tour post until you said that!

No need to justify yourself to anybody, one of my favourite principles is that people should be able to spend their money on whatever they want, within the law obviously.

When Murdoch is found an unsuitable person to own a TV company and forced to leave BSB to more reputable management I will reconsider myself. Until then I shall enjoy what looks to me like the better commentary team at the BBC.
Old 8 Mar 2012, 08:09 (Ref:3036852)   #1645
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
I have Mr.Murdoch coming to flagellate me and put one of his dishes on my wall next Wednesday.

I hate myself...... and i CAN'T WAIT!
Old 8 Mar 2012, 08:12 (Ref:3036856)   #1646
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really like Just Drive, but it doesn't quite fit as intro music IMO. The opening credits almost feel like closing credits to me. But still, it's better than DC in a tux.

I threatened to discontinue my TV with Sky last week and they have offered my line rental for free for 12 months (I had just got the broadband and phone package last month). I said I was interested in F1 but pretended I didn't know that it was on the HD package. The guy on the phone said they may be doing deals on the HD sub this week, so it's always worth seeing what offers you might be able to get.
Old 8 Mar 2012, 08:30 (Ref:3036860)   #1647
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post
I was quite enjoying tour post until you said that!
I think I meant that I agree with people protesting human rights abuses, government actions, etc, but it doesn't look much fun.

Quote:
no need to justify yourself to anybody, one of my favourite principles is that people should be able to spend their money on whatever they want
My family said the same (after telling me I'd gone to the darkside). I'd rather not shop in Tesco either, but currently living in a part of Milton Keynes, it's the only good local shop option (although we do get our fruit & veg from a supplier who sells you non-rotting produce; I like supporting small businesses where they do a good job, particularly when you can see they are proactive in seeking to survive, so not only do they sell tasty and fresh produce, but they also deliver to your home).

Quote:
Until then I shall enjoy what looks to me like the better commentary team at the BBC.
I'm going to watch races on the BBC I think when they are live, at least initially, while I make up my mind which is best for me. I'll try Radio 5 Live commentary too, now that they have Jaime Alguersuari as colour commentator.

The problem with just watching on the BBC for other races is that I like to follow a race with live timing and reading and posting on Ten-Tenths. Also, I still don't know what Auntie's plans are regarding the non-live shows (this may be my fault with the information now out there, but I checked quite recently and couldn't see anything firm): are they doing full re-runs? The term 'extended highlights' worries me- I don't like the race skipping 5 laps suddenly, as the editing team pride themselves on another seamless shift from one part of the race to another, only serving to potentially leave the viewer at a loss to reading the race.

The 'PR' handling on the BBC's side has been poor at best, and I love the BBC and the value it brings to programming.
Old 8 Mar 2012, 10:13 (Ref:3036919)   #1648
mini1400
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chelmsford, Essex
mini1400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
I threatened to discontinue my TV with Sky last week and they have offered my line rental for free for 12 months (I had just got the broadband and phone package last month). I said I was interested in F1 but pretended I didn't know that it was on the HD package. The guy on the phone said they may be doing deals on the HD sub this week, so it's always worth seeing what offers you might be able to get.
I did cancel my HD sub a few months ago as the ex ended up with the HD TV... got a call last month from Sky saying they'd seen I'd cancelled, but how would I like HD for £15 for the year....
Old 8 Mar 2012, 10:25 (Ref:3036922)   #1649
McArthur252
Rookie

United Kingdom
Manchester
McArthur252 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
Sky have confirmed "Just Drive" by Alistair Griffin - originally used by the BBC for their end-of-season montage in 2010 - will be their theme music for F1 next year.

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/...-Sky-Sports-F1
Not only can you never break The Chain. Turns out you can't beat it either.

Shame, that footage to some Fleetwood Mac would be awesome.
Old 8 Mar 2012, 10:29 (Ref:3036924)   #1650
McArthur252
Rookie

United Kingdom
Manchester
McArthur252 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
youtube strikes again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a20gsvxUZPw
Closed Thread

Tags
outrage, sky