Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 20 Sep 2008, 19:28 (Ref:2294341)   #101
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru_WRX_STi
if Audi whithdrew from ALMS, is there a chance to see team Champion continue with the R10 fro their own ?
I'll go out on a limb and say no, even if they didn't have a new car coming out.
Old 20 Sep 2008, 21:48 (Ref:2294394)   #102
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Ullrich interview:

http://translate.google.com/translat...-8&sl=fr&tl=en

"What is certain is that Audi Sport has no plans to manage two different engine types for next season. We will therefore run the same engine in the U.S. and Europe."

"Audi does not believe that hybrid is the right way forward and it is not a thing that we are going to work on" (right now?)

Last edited by deggis; 20 Sep 2008 at 21:53.
Old 21 Sep 2008, 03:02 (Ref:2294472)   #103
bil588
Veteran

United States
bil588 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Farnbacher Loles Racing

back with Michelin and more factory drivers?

Gregory Loles seems to enjoy ALMS more, reading by the comments on page two.

By David Phillips

8-12-08

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...l-coexistence/
Old 21 Sep 2008, 06:59 (Ref:2294498)   #104
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I am sure next year Farnbacher Loles will have Westbrook for the full season, he had a painful year in FIA, very fast but not lucky at all
Old 21 Sep 2008, 08:34 (Ref:2294511)   #105
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I am sure next year Farnbacher Loles will have Westbrook for the full season, he had a painful year in FIA, very fast but not lucky at all
Rumors have pointed to Dirk Werner partnering with Pat Long.
Old 21 Sep 2008, 09:08 (Ref:2294519)   #106
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Rumour has Farnbacher with an RS Spyder for next year ..... or is that Farnbacher/Loles ?
Old 21 Sep 2008, 09:20 (Ref:2294523)   #107
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Rumour has Farnbacher with an RS Spyder for next year ..... or is that Farnbacher/Loles ?
I guess Farnbacher/Loles in ALMS, the "European" Farnbacher brand is more about GTs, but I am ssure that both will stay in GT2
Old 21 Sep 2008, 09:59 (Ref:2294540)   #108
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
How are you sure ?
Old 21 Sep 2008, 10:42 (Ref:2294554)   #109
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Is the name only common thing with Farnbacher/Loles and Farnbacher Racing?

And then there's Dominik Farnbacher racing for Tafel, does he have anything to do with either one?
Old 21 Sep 2008, 11:07 (Ref:2294569)   #110
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis
Is the name only common thing with Farnbacher/Loles and Farnbacher Racing?

And then there's Dominik Farnbacher racing for Tafel, does he have anything to do with either one?
Yup, Dominik is the son of Horst Farnbacher, owner of Farnbacher Racing (Europe).
Horst Farnbacher and Gregory Loles teamed up to found Farnbacher-Loles, which is not just a race-team but also sells aftermarket parts for Porsches.
Old 21 Sep 2008, 11:36 (Ref:2294584)   #111
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Porsche 997 GT3 RSR racing for Farnbacher Loles, is owned by Dirk Werner. He used to team up with Lars-Erik Nielsen, who also owns a 997 GT3 RSR, meaning that Farnbacher has a car on each side of the pond.
Old 21 Sep 2008, 11:38 (Ref:2294586)   #112
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nielsens two year old 997 is put up for sale, as LE is retiring.
Old 21 Sep 2008, 11:47 (Ref:2294598)   #113
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind
The Porsche 997 GT3 RSR racing for Farnbacher Loles, is owned by Dirk Werner. He used to team up with Lars-Erik Nielsen, who also owns a 997 GT3 RSR, meaning that Farnbacher has a car on each side of the pond.
Wait, Werner owns the car? I always thought he was a paid pro??? He certainly is really fast.
Old 21 Sep 2008, 11:47 (Ref:2294599)   #114
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
this Farnbacher affair can make someone crazy lol, a Porsche loyal whose son compete in a Ferrari team (also with AF Corse at Spa !) and run also an F430 in the LMS
Old 21 Sep 2008, 12:21 (Ref:2294621)   #115
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
this Farnbacher affair can make someone crazy lol, a Porsche loyal whose son compete in a Ferrari team (also with AF Corse at Spa !) and run also an F430 in the LMS
Dominik a,so runs from time to time Porsches in Grand Am and Japanese Super-GT, the later being a true monster.
Old 21 Sep 2008, 12:23 (Ref:2294622)   #116
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King
Yup, Dominik is the son of Horst Farnbacher, owner of Farnbacher Racing (Europe).
Horst Farnbacher and Gregory Loles teamed up to found Farnbacher-Loles, which is not just a race-team but also sells aftermarket parts for Porsches.
thanks.
Old 21 Sep 2008, 15:40 (Ref:2294667)   #117
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
How are you sure ?
For one as Speed King said

Quote:
Also from this article is this particular statement among others
Quote:
“The whole idea of Farnbacher Loles is that we’re building a whole group of companies that will thrive off of our racing,” says Loles. “So it’s important to us to show that we can be competent in the Rolex class with, if you will, the basic Porsche Cup car, but also with the RSR. And mind you Horst Farnbacher, my partner, has had a lot of success in Europe so we definitely weren’t jumping into something totally unknown. And actually, to close the whole circle, we’re going to be announcing in the next couple of weeks an acquisition of a Porsche dealership.
That leads one to lean heavily in that direction.

L.P.
Old 21 Sep 2008, 16:14 (Ref:2294679)   #118
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Nielsens two year old 997 is put up for sale, as LE is retiring.
Both the Farnbacher Racing Porsche and Ferrari are 2008 cars.
Old 22 Sep 2008, 03:27 (Ref:2294874)   #119
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Yes, I often would think of Farnbacher with Porsche and now with Farnbacher and Ferrari, it can be a bit confusing at times.
Old 22 Sep 2008, 07:42 (Ref:2294948)   #120
The Badger
Veteran

Obviously a very confussed man indeed ..... Mixing a Porsche with a FIAT !!!
Old 22 Sep 2008, 09:23 (Ref:2295009)   #121
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Quote:
Obviously a very confussed man indeed ..... Mixing a Porsche with a FIAT !!!
but its his FIAT which finished 3rd at La Mans and not the beetle

end of the off topic, back to ALMS
Old 22 Sep 2008, 09:32 (Ref:2295017)   #122
The Badger
Veteran

Thats cuz he didnt have his best car at Le Mans smartass

End of topic , back to ALMS !!!
Old 23 Sep 2008, 18:36 (Ref:2296320)   #123
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
As far as I know, Dirk Werner has never owned a Porsche for Farnbacher or Farnbacher-Loles. He's a young pro and Farnbacher's favourite hired gun on both sides of the Atlantic. Pro or not, I bet he could not afford an RSR!

I think you're thinking of Pierre Ehret, who has partnered Nielsen on numerous occasions. Pierre has owned many many Porsches over the years, including an '07 chassis that for a while was Farnbacher's North American chassis. That car has been sold as far as I know, and Ehret also bought one, maybe both of the Tafel 997s at the end of '07. At least one of those has been sold - it won the Britcar 24 with Paragon this year.

Pierre went ahead and bought a Ferrari for this year, which Farnbacher runs in the LMS. I think he decided it was better than running one of the ex-Tafel cars. Lars Erik Nielsen, I believe, owns an '08 RSR now, which is the LMS car. I'm not exactly sure who owns the Farnbacher-Loles ALMS car...it could be owned by the team or by a collector.

RS Spyder rumours for F-L in '09 have been floating around for a bit. I imagine it could hinge on what Stuttgart decided about Penske - wasn't that meeting last week?
Old 23 Sep 2008, 19:04 (Ref:2296342)   #124
rsr
Rookie

Belgium
Belgium
rsr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dirk Werner doesn't own an rsr.

In LMS the car used by Westbrook and Lars Nilson is an 07 not an 08.
Old 23 Sep 2008, 19:29 (Ref:2296361)   #125
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks, I was unsure about the Farnbacher LMS chassis. I know it's an '08 spec (it was an early 4.0L test car) but I was not sure when the chassis itself was made.