Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Jan 2004, 13:43 (Ref:831527)   #1
j_t_8_8_8
Racer

Italy
Varese, Italy
j_t_8_8_8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
News

From an Italian magazine:

- Larini, who leaved Autodelta, will be in SEAT, with a diesel run under SEAT Sport Italy - they run Toledo Diesel for several years in a special series, the ETCS, or in BTCC, from '05, with.... Volvo...However SEAT will run diesel in ETCC

- Volvo will return to touring car races from 2005, in ETCC and BTCC

- In DTC there will be a Mondeo TdCi and an Opel diesel, with a strong support from both...

- diesel also for Ford and BTCC

- Giovanardi could return with Alfa, because he isn't fulfilled with BMW, as they prefer Schnitzer team to Ravaglia one

- Autofficina Rally will be in ETCC with a Peugeot 307 for Andrea Bacci

- there will be a V8 Star series also in Italy, see: http://www.eurosuperstars.com/index2.html

these are only RUMOURS...
Old 8 Jan 2004, 17:51 (Ref:831805)   #2
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Larini to Seat....hmm, can't see him being too happy with that move if SEAT don't move up the grid soon. Volvo back, yay!!! BTCC needs some new teams and Volvo would be a welcome returnee, hopefully they'll bring Rydell with them! Heard the Ford rumour at the beginning of last season so we'll have to wait and see about that. With Ford still doing WRC might not happen. I can see Givonardi returning to Alfa, never really got on terms with the BMW, had a few good races but he'll alwats be an Alfa man.
Old 8 Jan 2004, 18:40 (Ref:831850)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Volvo back in 2005? After their last campaign I don't take them very serious anymore.

Are these Italians using the cars from the former German V8Star championship?

Last edited by FIRE; 8 Jan 2004 at 18:41.
Old 8 Jan 2004, 18:45 (Ref:831855)   #4
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Only one out of that lot I can see happening is Giovanardi back to Alfa..cos him and his BMW just didn't seem to get on!
Old 8 Jan 2004, 23:22 (Ref:832134)   #5
nsxr
Racer

nsxr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont think this is just a move of cars from germany to italy.I think this was a restart of a series that didn't make in '02 I believe there v6 sedans. i think volvo was involved then. this was all before the sports 2000 rules for the etcc come out.
Old 9 Jan 2004, 10:30 (Ref:832480)   #6
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You're thinking of "Superstars". A series that never was started and is showing no signs of coming back.
Old 9 Jan 2004, 12:43 (Ref:832592)   #7
ADnet
Racer

ADnet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
have you heard of the pirelli one. i saw this...

http://www.touringcartrophy.com/en/index.htm
"Look at that.... You couldn't kill that vauxhall with a stick - Not a stright Panel left on it!" "Just dragging the remains of the vauxhall down the pit lane - He's turned it into a paperweight" "Can i have a new vauxhall please this ones had it!" <SN 1999>
Old 9 Jan 2004, 12:47 (Ref:832597)   #8
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How about this little piece found in Autosport:

"Magnussen will fill out the rest of his season campaigning a Peugeot 307 in the European Touring Car Championship as well as in the Danish series, which his team has won every year of its existence. The foray into Europe is a step up for the team, which has extensive support from Peugeot France in building the 307."

Huh?!
Old 9 Jan 2004, 13:39 (Ref:832642)   #9
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ADnet
have you heard of the pirelli one. i saw this...

Thats for old Super Touring cars...
Old 9 Jan 2004, 20:43 (Ref:832995)   #10
j_t_8_8_8
Racer

Italy
Varese, Italy
j_t_8_8_8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Giovanardi will be back with Alfa next year... it's quite official... in the team he will be with Tarquini and probably Augusto Farfuss, who will pay for his seat...

It is sad they lose Colciago... he performed very well this year.. I don't think Farfuss could do the same
Old 9 Jan 2004, 22:02 (Ref:833065)   #11
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Another point..Ford and Volvo back in the BTCC in 2005 ? Doesn't make sense that one...
Old 10 Jan 2004, 01:26 (Ref:833238)   #12
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, I would be blown away if all 20 of the cars entered in the Pirelli Touring Car Trophy show up!!