Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 6 Apr 2014, 19:18 (Ref:3389439)   #76
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
I really don't know what to say to your horrible experiences...that's just cruel. I've never heard anything like it. At some point, the fans of that series have to sit down and wonder why their series is falling apart.
I'm not really sure that there is anything that anybody can say about it --it's just the way it is and the way it has always been, the majority of the now, 56 years that I have been following this sport. It just doesn't help or do a whole lot, for me, when a indy fan makes a statement such as this: "Our sport is never going to grow unless we take fans of other racing disciplines and turn them into racing fans." (Note, I added the bold print). So according to this individual, and many of his fellow fans, I am not/cannot be a "racing fan"! WTF? I'm a bit surprised that he did not use their well-worn, "REAL" racing fan here, but it means the same thing! This individual and MANY of his cohorts state, CLEARLY that unless fans of other racing disciplines like what he/they like, they ARE NOT racing fans! I'm sorry, but that is TOTAL BS and just pure, outright elitist, look down the nose, arrogant! Like I said, I don't think anything can be said about it, it is just the way it is and the way that it is ALWAYS going to be!
Old 6 Apr 2014, 21:41 (Ref:3389475)   #77
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
FOX just went back to local programing, update at 7:30, Eastern. Man, I hate when they just delay like this. Just go ahead and call the race until tomorrow already!
Old 7 Apr 2014, 00:01 (Ref:3389551)   #78
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
The race has been postponed until noon, tomorrow. They could have told us that, at 5:00, when they decided to delay until 7:30 to postpone it! Oh well, I have to work tomorrow, so I won't get to watch it live.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 02:41 (Ref:3389588)   #79
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a strong feeling that it would be postponed, so much to the point where I didn't check back. I won't be able to watch tomorrow because I have other plans..plans that depend on math >_<
Old 7 Apr 2014, 05:51 (Ref:3389606)   #80
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tuesday morning Australian time, gotta go to work...
Old 7 Apr 2014, 08:01 (Ref:3389639)   #81
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
I had a strong feeling that it would be postponed, so much to the point where I didn't check back. I won't be able to watch tomorrow because I have other plans..plans that depend on math >_<
Math -- Ugh! Sounds like a test. If so, good luck.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 08:02 (Ref:3389640)   #82
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Tuesday morning Australian time, gotta go to work...
Monday here, yep, same problem, I'll be at work. DVR already set.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 10:06 (Ref:3389689)   #83
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2am Tuesday for me, Foxtel IQ shall be set
Old 7 Apr 2014, 16:15 (Ref:3389802)   #84
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Getting ready for the green flag. I hear from PRN that the jet dryer just blew Keso's hood off.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 16:55 (Ref:3389818)   #85
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What happened to Junior and JJ?
Old 7 Apr 2014, 18:07 (Ref:3389842)   #86
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
What happened to Junior and JJ?
I am listening at work but it sounds like JR drove through the grass on accident, tore the splitter to hell, broke something in the motor and it caught fire. Pieces from the #88 and the infield got into the #48 and caused enough damage to slow his run.

And naturally, this is the first week I picked JR in my fantasy league;his first DNF and first last place
Old 7 Apr 2014, 18:10 (Ref:3389846)   #87
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post

And naturally, this is the first week I picked JR in my fantasy league;his first DNF and first last place
Junior Nation is thanking you....not!
Old 7 Apr 2014, 21:48 (Ref:3389946)   #88
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Logano gets the win and Gordon gets the points lead. It actually was a good race.

I have a feeling an 8th winner will be crowned at Darlington.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 22:51 (Ref:3389974)   #89
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
It seems that we've had the 3rd or 4th different points leader in as many weeks.

Maybe this "win and you're in" deal might lead to some instability in the points, like what brought about a lot of good championship battles. That's unless someone really gets on a roll and is ultra consistent, but so far, that's not happened yet this season.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 22:53 (Ref:3389975)   #90
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Thanks for you words on fandom and fanatism, R.Lee.

- o -

About rain delays, I guess that Nascar could build roofs over the ovals...
Old 8 Apr 2014, 00:19 (Ref:3389996)   #91
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Thanks for you words on fandom and fanatism, R.Lee.

- o -

About rain delays, I guess that Nascar could build roofs over the ovals...
Your welcomed.

-----------

Oddly, there was discussion, a couple of years ago, to do just that, at Bristol. It was financially impossible to do it. There was also a plan to build a domed race track somewhere up North, (I believe in PA) a few years ago, but again, it was too cost prohibitive. I think that might bave been part of the problem, but another big part of the problem, with both Bristol and the proposed track, was that the techonology for clearing out Carbon Monoxide and discipate or absorbe the sound did not exist and the structure, itself was also a problem. I think that the proposed track was a 1 mile track, Bristol, of course, is slightly bigger than a half mile. As much as I would like to see something like that, I don't think we will, anytome soon. We're going to have to have allot of new, lighter and stronger, load bearing material, for construction and more advanced techonology to solve the exhaust gasses and sound problems.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 00:25 (Ref:3389997)   #92
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
It seems that we've had the 3rd or 4th different points leader in as many weeks.

Maybe this "win and you're in" deal might lead to some instability in the points, like what brought about a lot of good championship battles. That's unless someone really gets on a roll and is ultra consistent, but so far, that's not happened yet this season.
Not really. Junior had been leading the points for much of the season until today at Texas where he finished last.

Many drivers have been consistent so far. Gordon and Kenseth have finished no worse than 13th, and many drivers have had only one bad race so far. Too bad points are rather redundant now.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 02:35 (Ref:3390013)   #93
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I am listening at work but it sounds like JR drove through the grass on accident, tore the splitter to hell, broke something in the motor and it caught fire. Pieces from the #88 and the infield got into the #48 and caused enough damage to slow his run.

Oh that's good news, I picked him too.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 02:38 (Ref:3390015)   #94
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
Not really. Junior had been leading the points for much of the season until today at Texas where he finished last.

Many drivers have been consistent so far. Gordon and Kenseth have finished no worse than 13th, and many drivers have had only one bad race so far. Too bad points are rather redundant now.
Typically, someone will get hot and run off a few wins now.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 09:44 (Ref:3390103)   #95
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
I think we may see an 8th winner, at Darlington, this coming weekend. I think that driver could likely be Jimmie Johnson. The odds favor him and it is very rare, that he has gone this far into a season, without a win. Every race that passes, if he has not won, make a win by him more likely. My gut is telling me he will win, this weekend and after that happens, we'll see our first repeat winner of the year. Weird logic, I don't know, but it seems this way, to me.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 11:47 (Ref:3390149)   #96
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Yeah, you could hold indoor cycling or something within a domed stadium but the fumes of 43 Cup cars for 3 hours plus, try ventilating all that garbage.

I enjoyed the race. Wanted Gordon to win it, just don't like Logano all that much .
Old 8 Apr 2014, 18:12 (Ref:3390291)   #97
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Plus the A&M paint job was cool.
Old 9 Apr 2014, 01:21 (Ref:3390382)   #98
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Plus the A&M paint job was cool.
Bah. They should have just put Johnny Football's face on the hood with dollar signs everywhere else.

And while not being a fan of French Bread either, he was quick all day and up front when he needed to be. Was pleased to see him win after the late caution as I am growing tired of seeing teams get the shaft due to late cautions.
Old 9 Apr 2014, 09:56 (Ref:3390472)   #99
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Joey has been fast all year, the win was always going to come - a definite championship contender I reckon!
Old 9 Apr 2014, 19:30 (Ref:3390622)   #100
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Bah. They should have just put Johnny Football's face on the hood with dollar signs everywhere else.
Ugh, you SEC people are intolerable.

It was the engineering school and I thought it was cool.