Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 Jan 2014, 18:52 (Ref:3356796)   #101
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
Exactly. Not only because he can handle himself physically, as he has shown competing in other sports, it's a sprint race, as someone else noted, there are no driver changes, getting out during pit stops is a moot point. I would think his hand driving mechanicals he used earlier would be a hindrence to another driver.
During the 2013 24 hours of spa, there was a driver with some kind of leg handicap, his 458 in gtlm class had these kind of hand driving mechanicals. I think that a normal setup for normal people and these devices for handicap people can coexist in the same car. Difference is that in a 24 hours race you can have some slow pit stop to make a slow driver change, in a sprint race you can't.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 19:06 (Ref:3356801)   #102
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
During the 2013 24 hours of spa, there was a driver with some kind of leg handicap, his 458 in gtlm class had these kind of hand driving mechanicals. I think that a normal setup for normal people and these devices for handicap people can coexist in the same car. Difference is that in a 24 hours race you can have some slow pit stop to make a slow driver change, in a sprint race you can't.
Ah, interesting.
Once again, driver changes do not apply to Zanardi, as stated in the article quoted in post #97, above, from the Sports Car 365 article.
He will NOT be sharing the car.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 21 Jan 2014, 19:20 (Ref:3356807)   #103
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the other hand, he's changing he will be no longer dependent on a co driver, with having to be focused 1h on heavilly physically intensive racing as sprints is instead.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 19:36 (Ref:3356813)   #104
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
He will not share the car with a co-driver, thanks to a new regulation for 2014.
Didn´t hear about that rule before, when was this announced please (other than mentioned above)?

Zanardi being able to get out of the car quickly enough is more a safety issue than anything else obviously. With his previous WTCC experience one has to assume that that part is all covered.

Do I remember correctly that he rolled his car on top of the Raidillon at Spa in one the WTCC races early in the new millenium and escaped without harm?
Old 21 Jan 2014, 19:39 (Ref:3356814)   #105
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Official press release from SRO:

http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/n...-sprint-series

Ratel says that the in-race pitstop for Alex's car is expected to be tires-only, but a minimum pitstop time will be imposed if necessary.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 19:49 (Ref:3356820)   #106
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdragon View Post
On the other hand, he's changing he will be no longer dependent on a co driver, with having to be focused 1h on heavilly physically intensive racing as sprints is instead.
Since he's done marathons in his chair, shouldn't be too much of an issue. He is in amazing shape.

Coach Ep, yes, I recall that shunt, also.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 21 Jan 2014, 19:54 (Ref:3356822)   #107
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Since he's done marathons in his chair, probably won't be too much of an issue. He is in amazing shape.
Agree, also because this kind of racing doesn't require an athletic physical condition like can be F1 or LMP1. Take a look to Enzo Ide and you'll understand what I mean.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 19:55 (Ref:3356823)   #108
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
I would bet on Alex being more fit than at least 90% of his competitors!
Old 21 Jan 2014, 20:03 (Ref:3356825)   #109
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Agree, also because this kind of racing doesn't require an athletic physical condition like can be F1 or LMP1. Take a look to Enzo Ide and you'll understand what I mean.
LOL.

That's Zanardi's first step into endurance, he must be looking to Le Mans sure, Since as stated before a 3h full race of the Blancpain Endurance is like a 3h stints of Le Mans or Spa.

But to do a 24h race he must have a car with special setup to be shared with mates.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 20:21 (Ref:3356833)   #110
SpikerJack
Racer

Italy
SpikerJack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
During ffsa gt tour at imola I noticed that one of the ferrari drivers (don't remember if he raced for sofrev or jmb..) was in a wheelchair.. He and his teammate practiced the driver change, it was a bit more complicated than the standard operation but they had no trouble at all so I don't think that this could be an issue in a 24 hour race..
Old 21 Jan 2014, 20:26 (Ref:3356837)   #111
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I don't understand this discussion. He has driven 4 of 5 years in ETCC/WTCC and it was no problem, why should it be a problem now?
Just for the record: I wasn't trying to poo-poo Alex. Far from it. I just thought that he probably is fit enough for doing driver changes, so the modified controls might indeed be the real issue (less for him, but for a co-driver).
Old 21 Jan 2014, 20:32 (Ref:3356842)   #112
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
More info at the official BES web:

http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/n...-sprint-series
Old 22 Jan 2014, 00:26 (Ref:3356901)   #113
sukispeed
Rookie

United States
San Antonio, TX
sukispeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gilles Duqueine a few years back, who is in a wheel chair, competed in the in the FIA GT3 series in a Viper with Anthony Reid. Also he was entered in a Sport Garage Ferrari at last years Spa 24h. So I do not see what the problem is either.
Old 22 Jan 2014, 06:11 (Ref:3356948)   #114
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Hahahahaha

Great to see Zanardi back in motor racing especially sportscars. Hope he does well.
Old 4 Feb 2014, 11:27 (Ref:3364011)   #115
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
4 WRT Audis at the sSprint series, even one more than last year:

http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/n...he-blancpain-g

So expect minimum two full pro efforts among this four.
Old 4 Feb 2014, 13:18 (Ref:3364034)   #116
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like they are going to have a stable lineup as well. Vanthoor/Ortelli, Sandstrom/Stippler, Rene Rast and....(much to guess) and Oliver Jarvis as wild card probably.
Old 4 Feb 2014, 14:11 (Ref:3364051)   #117
Coach Ep
Veteran

Also 3 fulltime entries in the Endurance Series plus one additional car for the Spa 24H. WRT is beginning to look like AF Corse!
Old 4 Feb 2014, 20:50 (Ref:3364188)   #118
carbon_titanium
Veteran

With the departure of teams like hexis and MVDS, only HTP and kessel (is still unknown if AMR will field the work team) could stand against WRT squadron.
Old 5 Feb 2014, 13:56 (Ref:3364433)   #119
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://sportscar365.com/blancpain/vi...ies-expansion/
Villorba Corse to run a Ferrari 458 GT3
Old 5 Feb 2014, 16:05 (Ref:3364476)   #120
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://sportscar365.com/blancpain/vi...ies-expansion/
Villorba Corse to run a Ferrari 458 GT3
Given their success in GT Open, I have high expectations. But against the competition seen in the BES, it should be a stiffer challenge.
Old 6 Feb 2014, 08:53 (Ref:3364725)   #121
IndyMeister
Racer

IndyMeister should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Preliminary BSS Entry List

Correct me if I'm wrong but we're looking at 13 (more or less) secure cars on the BSS entry list, right?
http://gtsprintseries.wordpress.com/...france-nogaro/

Maybe HTP can cope with the WRT-Armada...
Old 6 Feb 2014, 11:16 (Ref:3364762)   #122
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the BoP goes like this year, WRT won't be a case. SLS will just squash them all.
Old 6 Feb 2014, 14:35 (Ref:3364831)   #123
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMeister View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but we're looking at 13 (more or less) secure cars on the BSS entry list, right?
http://gtsprintseries.wordpress.com/...france-nogaro/

Maybe HTP can cope with the WRT-Armada...
Thats correct, but most entries announced are for the endurance series till now, there the entry should go for their second or third tenth with maybe 10 or more tbas but....
Old 26 Feb 2014, 18:16 (Ref:3372429)   #124
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
http://sportscar365.com/blancpain/be...acing-and-wrt/
Old 3 Mar 2014, 15:22 (Ref:3374416)   #125
IndyMeister
Racer

IndyMeister should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdragon View Post
After being gently nudged by urdragon, there's an updated BSS entry list for Nogaro:
http://gtsprintseries.wordpress.com/...ss-unlucky-13/

The HTP pairings are from Motorsport-Magzin.com. Link is given in the entry list.