Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Jan 2014, 18:04 (Ref:3349485)   #4176
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fair play to him. If it's not his cup of tea, then it's not his cup of tea.
Old 1 Jan 2014, 22:11 (Ref:3349535)   #4177
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bruno Senna didn't like it first time around but suddenly when he was left without a drive sportscars became a hell of a lot more attractive.

That said I don't think Button will continue to compete after his F1 career.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 08:19 (Ref:3349599)   #4178
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoan Attorney View Post
Not a problem he encountered much last season in the McLaren!
Hahahaha I tip my hat to you John. Nice one
Old 2 Jan 2014, 12:05 (Ref:3349652)   #4179
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Not sure what to make of this tweet by 'sniffermedia'

Quote:
sniffermedia ‏@sniffermedia 1h
Something astonishing I learnt over festive period is the Brawn F1 team were going to build an LMP1 for 2010 season #betyoudidntknowthat
Old 2 Jan 2014, 13:02 (Ref:3349660)   #4180
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Not sure what to make of this tweet by 'sniffermedia'
Follow up tweet too. Wonder who the team was?
Quote:
Yep they were in advanced discussions with a well known team and about to green light it. Then the three pointed star came along!
Old 2 Jan 2014, 13:13 (Ref:3349662)   #4181
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I very much doubt this. In the beginning of the 2009 season, Brawn had the best car by far, but they were reaping the results of Honda's development work in the previous year. Later on, the development pretty much came to a standstill, allowing other teams to come closer and even pass the Brawn.

I can't see the combination of 'not developing the F1-car' and 'making a LMP1' car. If they even couldn't do their core-business (F1), how would the LMP1 fit in the picture?
Old 2 Jan 2014, 13:28 (Ref:3349666)   #4182
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
That said I don't think Button will continue to compete after his F1 career.
Button mentioned a number of times that he would 'love' to do Le Mans. I've heard him mention at least once this year a possibility of SuperGT career after F1.

And as far as dognig slower cars, having followed his career, in my opinion his ability to overtake, to drive off-line and place his car in traffic in F1 today is only matched by Alonso's. For that and a number of other reasons out of the current F1 drivers, he'd be my #1 choice for LMP. I think when he's ready to move on, a works WEC contract isn't going to be hard to find.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
I can't see the combination of 'not developing the F1-car' and 'making a LMP1' car. If they even couldn't do their core-business (F1), how would the LMP1 fit in the picture?
Additionally, wouldn't there be a BETTER chance to field a Brawn LMP when the 3-pointed star arrived and gave Brawn a nice bag of money for his F1 team, money that Brawn was running out of during the course of the season?
Old 2 Jan 2014, 14:48 (Ref:3349689)   #4183
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I very much doubt this. In the beginning of the 2009 season, Brawn had the best car by far, but they were reaping the results of Honda's development work in the previous year. Later on, the development pretty much came to a standstill, allowing other teams to come closer and even pass the Brawn.

Unless Honda was also involved?
Old 2 Jan 2014, 22:24 (Ref:3349828)   #4184
nkh
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
nkh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

The reason they didn't develop the F1 car much was lack of money, not lack of talent. If someone had paid them to build a LMP1, then the F1 development would have been the same, but the team could have avoided laying off people and assigned them to the LMP1 program.
Old 5 Jan 2014, 10:25 (Ref:3350543)   #4185
Mal
Veteran

England
London
I picked up this from a post by 'CanAmMan' on the Roar before the 24 thread, from a live interview he witnessed in Daytona with Scott Atherton:

Quote:
Atherton also:
there is a big announcement coming concerning world endurance .
any ideas? - or is this typical Atherton bull****?
Old 5 Jan 2014, 10:34 (Ref:3350545)   #4186
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I picked up this from a post by 'CanAmMan' on the Roar before the 24 thread, from a live interview he witnessed in Daytona with Scott Atherton:

If only you knew what he knew............
Old 5 Jan 2014, 10:37 (Ref:3350546)   #4187
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My bet is they are going to redesign the Deltawing Coupe, "make him not so ugly"
Old 5 Jan 2014, 11:31 (Ref:3350559)   #4188
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Here are my notes of interest at the ROAR today:

4) Saw the live interview that Bob Varsha did with Scott Atherton.
Atherton also there is a big announcement coming concerning world endurance .
No combined WEC/TUSC weekend at COTA perhaps (although anybody else than SA wouldn´t call that big...) or a second WEC race in North America from 2015 onwards?
Old 5 Jan 2014, 11:37 (Ref:3350561)   #4189
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Combined GT regs to be released soon?
Old 5 Jan 2014, 13:56 (Ref:3350578)   #4190
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Depends on how old the post is, and how old the press release it is based on.

Possibly it is the announcement that Patron is putting up $300,000 in purses for the NAEC.

No media events scheduled for the rest of the Roar, I don't think ... they wouldn't wait until Sunday (football day) for a big announcement.
Old 5 Jan 2014, 17:50 (Ref:3350626)   #4191
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Foot ball is in the play offs, and now playing Saturday and Sundays only two games each day for next two weeks before Super Bowl.most people are not interested anymore because there teams are not in it....
Old 5 Jan 2014, 19:15 (Ref:3350649)   #4192
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, I forgot about the playoffs (pretty funny since I watched the New Orleans game last night ...)

Still, no apparent press activity from Daytona on Sunday ....
Old 7 Jan 2014, 18:00 (Ref:3351308)   #4193
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
No combined WEC/TUSC weekend at COTA perhaps (although anybody else than SA wouldn´t call that big...) or a second WEC race in North America from 2015 onwards?
1. Why would Atherton advertise their a disagreement with the WEC?
2. Why would Atherton advertise WEC expansion in the US?
Old 7 Jan 2014, 20:14 (Ref:3351352)   #4194
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
1. Why would Atherton advertise their a disagreement with the WEC?
2. Why would Atherton advertise WEC expansion in the US?
1. Maybe to announce a new date for his beloved TUSC at COTA???
2. (going in opposite direction here and highly unlikely but still) So WEC and TUSC can have another Super Endurance weekend??? (assuming they've worked out their differences)
Old 8 Jan 2014, 00:08 (Ref:3351410)   #4195
Maelochs
Veteran

I think the "Big Announcement" was the racing regulations. Nothing to see here, move along ...
Old 8 Jan 2014, 15:41 (Ref:3351669)   #4196
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

The world will not end as predicted - we get at least another millennium.
Old 9 Jan 2014, 02:13 (Ref:3351872)   #4197
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
1. Maybe to announce a new date for his beloved TUSC at COTA???
2. (going in opposite direction here and highly unlikely but still) So WEC and TUSC can have another Super Endurance weekend??? (assuming they've worked out their differences)
Neither strikes me as big announcement. But then, this is Atherton
Old 12 Jan 2014, 14:42 (Ref:3353056)   #4198
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting quote from McNish at Autosport International today. This is taken from Autosport's live text commentary:

Quote:
We already know that Porsche is joining Audi and Toyota in LMP1 in 2014, that Nissan is doing the same in '15, and that Ferrari is poised too.

McNish reckons there are "two more manufacturers beyond the ones we already know about" planning to come in as well.

He predicts that 2014-6 will be "very bright" for top level sportscar racing.

"Le Mans brings iconic names back because it's an iconic place."
What does Mr McNish know that we don't? Any guesses?
Old 12 Jan 2014, 14:46 (Ref:3353057)   #4199
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He could just mean Nissan and Ferrari?
Old 12 Jan 2014, 14:51 (Ref:3353059)   #4200
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
He could just mean Nissan and Ferrari?
Maybe, but the "beyond the ones we already know about" makes me wonder...besides, the Ferrari/Nissan thing is pretty common knowledge by now.