Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 10 Apr 2010, 07:48 (Ref:2669853)   #1
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
£1.20 a litre

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/pet...18cf8.html?x=0

:O

I'm so glad our 2 main cars run on LPG!!
Old 10 Apr 2010, 09:51 (Ref:2669919)   #2
Another Bob
Racer

Australia
The Land Of More Then One Crow
Another Bob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 MAIN cars, how many have you got!

Back on topic, petrol was always more expensive in the UK than Oz, I traditionally had a 4 cylinder in the UK whereas the family car here in Oz has been a 6 cylinder 4 litre Ford Falcon which is pretty standard here.

Petrol has normally been about the same in Australian dollars as in pounds, ie, petrol in Oz at the moment is about $1.20 - $1.30 a litre, same in UK but in pounds, meaning its about double the price in the UK then Australia, but then again I tend to do a heap more kilometres in Oz per annum then I did in the UK.

I suppose its all relevant.
Old 10 Apr 2010, 09:56 (Ref:2669922)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The pound is relatively weak at the moment, which explains some of it. However oil is about 50% the cost of what it was at the last peak in prices. The 70 odd pence that goes to the goverment doesn't help.
Old 10 Apr 2010, 10:19 (Ref:2669935)   #4
Another Bob
Racer

Australia
The Land Of More Then One Crow
Another Bob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes I've always found it ironic that the UK tax on fuel has been so high compared to Oz which has I think 40 cents a litre excise and 10% GST(same tax as VAT).

We have so many more kilometres of road per head of population compared to the UK, so I suppose thats the reason why our roads are crap!!
Old 10 Apr 2010, 10:33 (Ref:2669940)   #5
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Bob View Post
2 MAIN cars, how many have you got!
3 on the road (Previa, Quantum, Hurricane) and a Dutton in bits!
The Quantum is used most days for a 50 mile round trip commute, the Previa lugs children and stuff very nicely, usually longer runs rather than local hops- my kids enjoy walking!
The gas conversions paid for themselves very quickly, it's 53p a litre at Asda at the moment, mpg figures are pretty much the same as with petrol. Previa performs well but Quantum's 1800 Zetec (An early one) doesn't work quite- fine for every day driving however. It was around £1800 for each car and I think at the time we worked out 20000 miles for each car to pay for itself.
Old 10 Apr 2010, 11:09 (Ref:2669949)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Bob View Post
We have so many more kilometres of road per head of population compared to the UK, so I suppose thats the reason why our roads are crap!!
Oh you misunderstand, none of the UK money from that goes towards the roads. That would be pure madness
Old 10 Apr 2010, 16:49 (Ref:2670166)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Apparently it's £1.28 in the Isle Of Man?!!

The rises are going to carry on for the time being. It's daft it's costing £55 quid to fill up a car like a Clio 197 when it would've cost about £15 quid less only 5 years ago by my reckoning?
Old 14 Apr 2010, 18:37 (Ref:2672782)   #8
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What were the prices in the UK at the peak a couple of years ago? Odd because while prices have been slowly climbing here, it is nothing like '08.