Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Oct 2003, 07:21 (Ref:747846)   #1
Scott75
Veteran

Scott75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SACK the Stewards!!!

How many times are the stewards going to ruin races. What the hell were they thinking when they black flagged Skaife after he had the problem with the door for more than 15 laps. To wait and give a drive thru after all that time is beyond a joke. Colin Bond is an absolute idiot, it's about time he was sacked and they get Crompton or someone like that to replace him. Congratulations to Murph/R.Kelly they deserved the win but who knows what would have happened if Skaife was allowed to continue. I'm not saying that the penalty wasn't warranted but to wait so long is just ridiculous.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 07:33 (Ref:747861)   #2
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You idiot Colin Bond did not and does not make those disicions but it would not make much difference to some here to know it is Tim Schencken who makes those disicions. Crompton to replace him that would be great not.

What do you thinking DRIVING STANDARDS ADVISOR mean, thats Bonds title. He aduicates on driving standards. Breaches of rules and anything to do with the race are TIM SCHENKENS responsibiliity
Old 12 Oct 2003, 07:34 (Ref:747862)   #3
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To wait until after the SC when Skaife was going to lose the most positions was an absolutely ludicrous decision, Colin Bond give yourself an uppercut.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 07:40 (Ref:747870)   #4
Burnt Valve
Rookie

Burnt Valve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jetsetter
To wait until after the SC when Skaife was going to lose the most positions was an absolutely ludicrous decision, Colin Bond give yourself an uppercut.
But it want Bonds desicion to bring him in so why give him an uppercut?????? Blame the bloke who called him
Old 12 Oct 2003, 07:42 (Ref:747873)   #5
Scott75
Veteran

You can't tell me that Colin Bond had nothing to do with it, he's just a hasbeen and should go with Schenken to a retirement village.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 07:43 (Ref:747877)   #6
Burnt Valve
Rookie

Burnt Valve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can tell you, He didnt and doesnt, Bond deals with drivers punting each other off etc. FPR prottested and Schencken made the desicion thats where it lies with Schencken
Old 12 Oct 2003, 08:40 (Ref:747952)   #7
Bomn
Veteran

Australia
Bomn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep lets all blame the wrong person again. You idiots.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 08:42 (Ref:747955)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Also, i think I've seen lesser things get penalised than Tander on car 21 and Richards on car 21. They should feel a little bit duded... if car 11 was past the A pillar, why didn't keep the boot into it?
Old 12 Oct 2003, 08:51 (Ref:747965)   #9
Wayne Kerr
Rookie

Wayne Kerr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I blame Bond as well ......

He was standing behind Schenken and could have slapped him on the back of the head.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 09:09 (Ref:747983)   #10
rocket
Racer

rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Crash Test
Also, i think I've seen lesser things get penalised than Tander on car 21 and Richards on car 21. They should feel a little bit duded... if car 11 was past the A pillar, why didn't keep the boot into it?
maybe the tander incident was close but richards should have beeen given a drive throught, the decision not to was a F***en joke
Old 12 Oct 2003, 09:14 (Ref:747987)   #11
Hodge
Rookie

Hodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: SACK the Stewards!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott75
How many times are the stewards going to ruin races. What the hell were they thinking when they black flagged Skaife after he had the problem with the door for more than 15 laps. To wait and give a drive thru after all that time is beyond a joke. Colin Bond is an absolute idiot, it's about time he was sacked and they get Crompton or someone like that to replace him. Congratulations to Murph/R.Kelly they deserved the win but who knows what would have happened if Skaife was allowed to continue. I'm not saying that the penalty wasn't warranted but to wait so long is just ridiculous.
Ahh the TEN-TENTHs Armchair expert syndrome strikes again. Yet again this is wrong, yet again we post before we think or get the CORRECT facts. When will we learn that the **** feed to you by Ten is NINE times out of TEN wrong. I hope V8's get Crompton the deserve nothing less
Old 12 Oct 2003, 09:37 (Ref:748023)   #12
Captain
Rookie

Captain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the officials seemed reluctant to act on indiscretions for most of the day. Probably the pressure of having to give a drive through in the big event made them restrained. Most of the incidents were arguable either way, but the only mistake when it came to Skaife, was not acting immediately.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 10:33 (Ref:748095)   #13
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is one thing some of the 'armchair critics' have overlooked.

Personally - I agree they were slack in not bringing in Skaife earlier. As was pointed out - they wouldn't let one car out at Oran Park until the door had been fixed - thus a precedent had been set - thay HAD to bring Skaife in.

First off - teams are *usually* given the option to bring in a car like this themselves. If they don't THEN a black flag is used.

But - to compound this one - they left it too long to start with and then the safety car car out.

Now - bringing a car in for a penalty is usually NOT undertaken during safety car laps - for the reason that if it is being done as a penalty (which this would have been seeing as the team wouldn't act on it voluntarily) they would have waited until AFTER the safety car period had finished.

Which is exactly what they did - lap after the SC was in they gave the black flag to Skaife...
Old 12 Oct 2003, 10:53 (Ref:748119)   #14
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was wondering why other people were not penalised, or it was not said on TV.

Bargwanna's go on Brabham over Skyline was just crazy, when i looked at the replay, i thought to myself "what the hell were you thinking Jason!?"

If the stewards were going to do anything, they needed to do it quickly, before the safety car.

If it was that much of a safety issue, they shouldn't have needed to have taken so long to figure that out!

It must have been very frustrating for the team after not even causing it themselves, and a result of another person's mistake.....coming after a bit of a dirty move by the Ozemail cars, putting the car right in the middle of the road so JB could get closer. Bloody obvious.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 11:41 (Ref:748174)   #15
Brock
Rookie

Brock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here we go again same **** different race meeting, maybe some of you should go to a race instead of listening to what "EXPERTS" like Bill Woods, Mathew White and the legendary Niel Crompton tell you.

Why bother
Old 12 Oct 2003, 11:45 (Ref:748180)   #16
Ozenigma
Rookie

Australia
Ozenigma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah that would be good and then you would only have to worry about the swearing at the racetrack and not on the TV. If you dont like the Coverage then dont watch it, simple really

Last edited by Ozenigma; 12 Oct 2003 at 11:46.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 12:48 (Ref:748264)   #17
Scott75
Veteran

I'd much rather listen to Crompton than the dribble that comes out of some the mouths on this forum. I don't think Bond and Schenken know what the word consistancy stands for. Why the hell they didn't bring Skaife in straight away has got me bewildered. If it was a danger at the end cause the cars were close, didn't he have to overtake cars before the SC period.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 12:54 (Ref:748269)   #18
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The officials and Colin "I LOVE SKAIFE" Bond would not have done a thing about the Door had the Ford Boys not done waht they should have years ago and stoofd up to the P#$%S in the red cars.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 13:16 (Ref:748289)   #19
Champ69
Veteran

Champ69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by RaceTime
There is one thing some of the 'armchair critics' have overlooked.

Personally - I agree they were slack in not bringing in Skaife earlier. As was pointed out - they wouldn't let one car out at Oran Park until the door had been fixed - thus a precedent had been set - thay HAD to bring Skaife in.

True, The stwards where actually consistant and fair.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 13:38 (Ref:748313)   #20
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If this series wasn't a farve before, and thats a huge IF, then todays is the day it became it. Nice work
Old 12 Oct 2003, 23:37 (Ref:748881)   #21
Hobo high
Racer

Hobo high should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who cares , rules are rules and for once HRT finally get pinged and the punishment WITH some punch.Geoff gretch and john crenan finally punished - good stuff bondy!
Old 13 Oct 2003, 04:18 (Ref:749011)   #22
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
The issue is not the fact that Skaife was brought in but the fact that the officials procrastinated for so ong before making a decision. Greech knows the rules and has had the benefit of seeing how they have been applied all year. If he's upset now he should have done the responsible thing and dealt with it during the safety car period. Tough bikkies.
That said the comment by Brad Jones on Larry's comment made Larry look an idiot. Again the inconsistency of officials in dealing with penalties is the problem.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 07:07 (Ref:749095)   #23
Rhys_00
Racer

Rhys_00 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe they didnt procrastinate in delivering a response, maybe they only wasted time to officially notify skaife with a black flag. Surely they would have warned the team before issuing the black flag? HRT must have known that they would get done for the flapping door, and the same rule should apply whether running 2nd or 22nd.
NO DOUBT HRT were warned well before the safety car period that they were risking getting done for it and they took that risk. So many times it pays off for them, not this time. Bad luck I say..
Old 13 Oct 2003, 07:36 (Ref:749124)   #24
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paid off at Sandown but not ths time.

From a race finish standpoint, it ruined a great race to the flag between Murphy and Skaife. As an aside, it was only opening on right handers, what chance anyone passing Skaife around the outside? Yes, I know Lowndes has done it before but unlikely.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 13 Oct 2003, 08:36 (Ref:749171)   #25
Hodge
Rookie

Hodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone racing at club level would not have been able to race with a door swinging open. He deserved the black flag. You blokes really have no idea about race control and how it works. Stop bagging people till you do and then bag the right people.