Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 18 Aug 2002, 22:52 (Ref:360713)   #1
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
GT chaos at Oulton - everyone ok??

That was one nasty incident at Nickerbrook today - we watched it unfold from near Cascades. I believe from commentary onsite and a post under 'Trackside' that one marshall was hit but just suffered cuts and bruises.

Hope this is so - it could've been much worse.

Best wishes to anyone involved - hope you're ok.
Old 19 Aug 2002, 07:16 (Ref:360920)   #2
PipSqueak111
Racer

England
Deepest, darkest Devon
PipSqueak111 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Likewise. Just read the GT report on Pistonheads.com, and it makes for scary reading. The number 9 Saleen looks a right mess:

http://www.pistonheads.com/motorspor...7&storyId=5240

Hope all involved are okay.

Phill
Old 27 Aug 2002, 15:20 (Ref:366679)   #3
upaulao
Rookie

upaulao should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
gt pile up at knickerbrook

the young marshal injured last wkend at knickerbrook is okay i heard yesterday, but is worried his mum wont let him marshal again as she warned him it woz too dangerous!
Old 31 Aug 2002, 10:17 (Ref:369732)   #4
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coverage was on channel 4 this morning (Saturday 31st) - It looked nasty and could have been a lot worse. I think we may see the incident on training videos over the coming closed season, relating to keeping your eyes open for what's coming towards you, and only going over the barrier when it's safe to do so.
Old 31 Aug 2002, 11:09 (Ref:369752)   #5
upaulao
Rookie

upaulao should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
gt chaos

i have also just watched the coverage of the incidents and can honestly say that it didn't do it justice. you had to be there to appreciate the rain storm. there wasn't any way that you could see your hand in front of your face.i think it's a good idea to use the incident for training purposes, but i dont think you can create these kinds of conditions or generate the adrenaline.in theory you know you should follow a certain track protocol, but can anyone say they haven't gone to go over before they should have done.thankfully noone was hurt
Old 11 Sep 2002, 14:52 (Ref:378031)   #6
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
im ok i was at druids. problem was the spray was hangin in the trees and and we had a crash. we couldnt go out cos we couldnt see a thing