Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 8 Jul 2010, 12:36 (Ref:2723483)   #26
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mariantic linked to Dyson's facebook page with pics of the new Castrol livery for SLC. I like it, I guess they still don't want to put BP on the car prominently.
Old 8 Jul 2010, 14:27 (Ref:2723532)   #27
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nor can BP afford it now, most likely! Even the phrase "BP Biofuels" is hilarious in a very very noir way.

Livery looks good.
Old 8 Jul 2010, 16:24 (Ref:2723585)   #28
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Nor can BP afford it now, most likely! Even the phrase "BP Biofuels" is hilarious in a very very noir way.

Livery looks good.
Same company, if you didn't know... Anyway, yes it Dyson continues to turn out great liveries.
Old 8 Jul 2010, 16:29 (Ref:2723588)   #29
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks like the Robertsons have some upgrades or this weekend. New engine (Elan) and new aero. I don't know how much this will impact their track position, but they are excited about the results of the testing.
Old 8 Jul 2010, 18:18 (Ref:2723634)   #30
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Spotter Guide has been updated with Emanuele Pirro in at Drayson and the new Castrol livery at Dyson Racing

Download at www.spotterguides.com or later today at the official ALMS website.
Old 8 Jul 2010, 19:02 (Ref:2723653)   #31
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Castrol Lola looks great.
Old 8 Jul 2010, 23:36 (Ref:2723786)   #32
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
does look very good. Could have been closer to the Jag though
Old 9 Jul 2010, 09:24 (Ref:2723915)   #33
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbert82 View Post
Per Mariantic Drayson is out with an injury and is being replaced by Pirro. That alone should make the Drayson Lola a car to watch and possibly be a threat to win, if Cocker can keep a decent pace.

I think you underestimate Cocker, at le Mans he was quicker than Pirro much of the time which did not amuse Pirro at all.
Old 9 Jul 2010, 11:44 (Ref:2723990)   #34
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i too like the Castrol livery, but the reds and greens are a bit too subtle. hope it gets on well.
Old 9 Jul 2010, 14:41 (Ref:2724061)   #35
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
ubrben has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
I think you underestimate Cocker, at le Mans he was quicker than Pirro much of the time which did not amuse Pirro at all.
And Pole at Okayama for the AsLMS last year ahead of Boullion and Mucke. The guy's quick.

Ben
Old 9 Jul 2010, 16:41 (Ref:2724118)   #36
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Genoa Motorsport are back on the grid according to the ALMS entry list (thanks Jonerz).too late to update for me now.
Old 9 Jul 2010, 19:36 (Ref:2724175)   #37
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
The cars are now on the track for the practice session.
Old 9 Jul 2010, 21:40 (Ref:2724208)   #38
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well promoter test session is over and LMP is 5.7sec off of last years pole time, while GT is .322 off of last years pole. Either the LMPs are quite a bit slower or GT is quite a bit faster, given the differentiation in times from last year.

L.P.
Old 9 Jul 2010, 22:45 (Ref:2724221)   #39
Fizz
Rookie

Canada
Toronto Canada
Fizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
carefull

I suspect that ALL of the teams are going to be in extreme conservation mode. Fortunetly this first found, of the second half of the season, starts with a very forgiving track.

(on a side note: I'd love to create some discussion on getting Mosport part of the international cup! Of course this would mean some significant upgrades to the track, and, the facility on a whole [pit lane for one], but with good conservitive marketing the ALMS can bring in the crowds, and, the long over do recognition by the local popular media.

Look, I grew up in Mississauga Ontario and currently reside in Toronto. I first learned about Morport in 81' 82'. I was lucky to have a friend of the family (Big Brother Association) took me to the track. My Son is now 14 and this will be our 4th year attending the ALMS at Mosport. The long and shory of what I want to say is, I would have never herd of the ALMS if I hadn't decided to take my Son to Mostort. When I did, I did so because I found the Mosport web site and there I choose the weekend that looked the most exciting and from that point (2007) I became a dedicated fan.

Since then, what I have found is that, I can not find anyone who has ever heard of the ALMS, although many of the Europeans I work with have heard of the 24hour/lemans. To most Canadians there is 2 kinds of racing, F1 and Nascar...
Old 9 Jul 2010, 22:51 (Ref:2724224)   #40
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Well promoter test session is over and LMP is 5.7sec off of last years pole time, while GT is .322 off of last years pole. Either the LMPs are quite a bit slower or GT is quite a bit faster, given the differentiation in times from last year.

L.P.
The weather might have something to do with that I suppose.
Old 10 Jul 2010, 00:39 (Ref:2724253)   #41
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
The weather might have something to do with that I suppose.
Hmm, and why would it only affect the LMPs negatively?

L.P
Old 10 Jul 2010, 06:42 (Ref:2724300)   #42
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
strong performance from Fisico and Vilander, 1st time at MMP
Old 10 Jul 2010, 07:49 (Ref:2724313)   #43
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Looking on Highcroft Racing's Facebook page, one peculiar thing struck me on the photos: this weekend they've started running with the narrow (1.6 m instead of 2) rear wing, along with pretty much the whole ARX-01c bodywork that Strakka has already run from Ricard onwards (with the addition of some serious diveplanes). I'm guessing that, other than a gain in performance, they're looking to be eligible properly for an invitation from the ACO for Le Mans next year.
Old 10 Jul 2010, 15:54 (Ref:2724450)   #44
Yakuncha
Racer

Ireland
Dublin,Ireland
Yakuncha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the Radio link working for anyone? Im getting Le Mans Classic, which as good as it is aint ALMS
Old 10 Jul 2010, 16:02 (Ref:2724453)   #45
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuncha View Post
Is the Radio link working for anyone? Im getting Le Mans Classic, which as good as it is aint ALMS

Classic is the correct programming at the moment.

We will not have coverage of Utah until the late session @ 13:45 local or 20:45 BST.

L.P.
Old 10 Jul 2010, 16:03 (Ref:2724454)   #46
Yakuncha
Racer

Ireland
Dublin,Ireland
Yakuncha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Classic is the correct programming at the moment.

We will not have coverage of Utah until the late session @ 13:45 local or 20:45 BST.

L.P.
Ah, good to know. Twitter and alms site providing prompt updates though
Old 10 Jul 2010, 16:54 (Ref:2724471)   #47
cor123
Rookie

cor123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuncha View Post
ALMS has it's own radio also: http://www.americanlemans.com/almsradio.php

Click on bottom to activate the radio.

However, it kept dying on me whenever live timing would refresh so I had to depend on Twitter & live timing to keep up.
Old 10 Jul 2010, 16:58 (Ref:2724474)   #48
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
ALMS Radio is still RLM.
Old 10 Jul 2010, 17:00 (Ref:2724475)   #49
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cor123 View Post
ALMS has it's own radio also: http://www.americanlemans.com/almsradio.php

Click on bottom to activate the radio.

However, it kept dying on me whenever live timing would refresh so I had to depend on Twitter & live timing to keep up.

Which is the feed from RLM!

L.P.
Old 10 Jul 2010, 17:07 (Ref:2724483)   #50
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Falken Porsche in not so good of shape!

Though ALMS is reporting Porsche say it can be ready to go for the race, with new engine and mounts installed.

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 10 Jul 2010 at 17:17.