Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 15 Jul 2010, 03:14 (Ref:2726910)   #101
the real Stig
Rookie

the real Stig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK View Post
Why concoct a complicated theory for something that can be demonstrated quite adequately by lap times. Drayson was "x seconds" off the class pace. It didn't take an "experiment" to determine that Pirro would not be.
I know, yes, yes, but math is simply far too dull. Far more fun to concoct some conspiracy theory. Besides, Pirro isn't human, he's a deviously designed Italian racing cyborg. Everyone else in prototype needed a Turbo to stay competitive, Drayson just needed Pirro.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 10:01 (Ref:2727473)   #102
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I do agree that LPD would be in for good results by stepping down and bringing Bell back when needed. Cocker is still only 22 and is learning from Pirro, if anyone has the data it would be interesting to compare their fastest laps and averages
Old 16 Jul 2010, 12:40 (Ref:2727531)   #103
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
I do agree that LPD would be in for good results by stepping down and bringing Bell back when needed. Cocker is still only 22 and is learning from Pirro, if anyone has the data it would be interesting to compare their fastest laps and averages
The lap chart can be found on the ALMS site HERE. Unless I am missing something the lap chart only shows car position, not lap times. So I guess it doesn't really help figure out who was putting in faster laps. But you can see that the car did lead the race for periods of time before the final pit stop sequence. I am not sure who did the double stint, but the car led before and after the 1st pit stop, but not after the 2nd stop.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 13:37 (Ref:2727569)   #104
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I followed it on Live Timing but eventually went to bed, Cocker started the race and led after lap 5 or 6 untill the first pit stop which was under the first yellow and I believe had perhaps a 26 second lead at that point, when the car went out again it was in 3rd and radio commentators made a very big point of the speed of the Highcroft pit stop which lifted it several places in the stop. They would only make one more stop I assume so if it was a double it must have been Pirro so he would have laps with lowes tank weight
Old 16 Jul 2010, 15:56 (Ref:2727625)   #105
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, Pirro did the double stint. Speed interviewed Cocker right after he got out of the car just over an hour into the race.