Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Apr 2001, 15:29 (Ref:80770)   #1
kukuciau
Rookie

kukuciau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
on popular opinions, it is believed that :-

1. Jenson Button is gonna kick Fisichella's a$$

2. Montoya gonna finish off Ralf and Ralf will have to leave Williams in 2003 or 2002. (i dun see that happening)

3. Jacques Villenueve is way better than Olivier Panis

i am glad all of them are not true
Old 15 Apr 2001, 15:42 (Ref:80783)   #2
DancingMachine
Racer

DancingMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
who said all this ****..i didnt get these opinions from anywhere ...senior drivers all rule..see mika..though hes way back to DC, he still has more status..only thing is mc laren isnt showing it now cuz DC is stealing all the show, or maybe mika's feul is over..
Old 15 Apr 2001, 16:07 (Ref:80805)   #3
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by kukuciau
2. Montoya gonna finish off Ralf and Ralf will have to leave Williams in 2003 or 2002. (i dun see that happening)
I heard much of that 'Ralf will be slaughtered by Montoya' rubbish on this very forum during the off-season. I seem to recall someone saying "RIP Ralf". I wonder if those people are still thinking that Ralf can't hack it against the wonderboy?
Old 15 Apr 2001, 18:15 (Ref:80837)   #4
Orange
Racer

Orange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Exactly! I told everyone that I wasnt going to jump onto the JPM bandwagon, but was going to stick with Ralphie, and it paid off!!
Old 15 Apr 2001, 18:32 (Ref:80842)   #5
Victor Broccoli
Racer

Victor Broccoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey...there's MANY things we can add to the list of dead myths:

1) CART drivers can't hack it in F1.
2) Schumacher can't be beaten in the rain.
3) Coulthard can't get respect at McLaren
4) "These new aerodynamic regulations will slow down the cars tremendously despite the tyre war."
Old 15 Apr 2001, 18:41 (Ref:80846)   #6
Quino
Racer

Quino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The statement that JPM will destroy (or at least beat) RS in still not very daring in my opinion.
Old 15 Apr 2001, 21:39 (Ref:80896)   #7
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The best rumour I heard in this forum in the pre-season was:

"Prost are the best. Alesi will be challenging for a race win. Alesi is god"

What WAS this rumour based on??
Old 15 Apr 2001, 22:20 (Ref:80922)   #8
Quino
Racer

Quino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
based on spectacular wintertesting.
Old 15 Apr 2001, 22:29 (Ref:80925)   #9
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Common guys. If it wasn't for the BS all winter, we would all have died of boredom. There was nothing else to talk about. Now these guys can have some humble pie, with chili sauce.
Old 16 Apr 2001, 12:09 (Ref:81097)   #10
Tristan
Veteran

Again, based one THREE LAPS of Barcelona, to be precise. The car was underweight to get sposorship
Old 16 Apr 2001, 12:40 (Ref:81104)   #11
RALFANATOR
Racer

RALFANATOR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this makes me laugh JPM will in no way beat RALF all these people all keep saying JPM is the next SENNA . Well so far he his 0 from 4 GP'S expect RALF to continue in his current winning ways
I've been a RALF fan from day one I AGREE WITH (RALF'S GIRL & ORANGE)
Old 16 Apr 2001, 14:42 (Ref:81165)   #12
kukuciau
Rookie

kukuciau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i have never been a Ralf fan, but because of the fact that he continuosly performs well and gets bashing from many people, i actually start to like him now.

and he seems to be very humble, a great plus point for him .

seriously, even the magazines hype Montoya to the point that they just sort of degrade Ralf,

i remembered an issue of F1 Racing, it had an article that says something like this...ok just found my magazine, and this the direct quote:

" Too much open admiration in public at this early stage of the proceedings would blow Ralf's head into pieces(talking about JPM)........Assuming that the FW23 and the Michelin tyres with which it is shod are good, he will win a race this year. He is too good not too - and he will probably beat Ralf..."

this is a bloody biased piece of journalism!!!!and by the way the writer is Tom Clarkson. Haven't read such piece of bullsh*t for a long time
Old 16 Apr 2001, 17:38 (Ref:81193)   #13
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Who said that ???
Ralf is 66 GPs' ahead of Montoya !!! (experience related).
That's too much advantage over an "F1-ROOKIE". But I think JPM has better "driver skills" and more courage. Did you see Trulli and Panis overtakings ???. And what about the one performed on big-BRO at Interlagos. A lot of humble pies will be saved for you guys !!! (and you wouldn't have to wait five years to eat them...)
Old 17 Apr 2001, 16:48 (Ref:81610)   #14
Run Free
Racer

Run Free should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Haven't read such piece of bullsh*t for a long time
Oh, I have. In this forum. Pieces edited by....guess who?
Old 17 Apr 2001, 18:47 (Ref:81668)   #15
Tristan
Veteran

Oh god don't start THAT again!! (heh heh heh!)
Old 17 Apr 2001, 19:39 (Ref:81686)   #16
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Speed
Did you see Trulli and Panis overtakings ???. And what about the one performed on big-BRO at Interlagos. A lot of humble pies will be saved for you guys !!! (and you wouldn't have to wait five years to eat them...)
But when Ralf is out front, there's no-one to overtake...
Old 17 Apr 2001, 20:20 (Ref:81699)   #17
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Ralf's Girl
But when Ralf is out front, there's no-one to overtake...
Hummmmmmm, well, that's logic, when you're in front is because there's nobody in front of you to overtake... hummmmmm, I forgot, there's always a Minardi
Old 18 Apr 2001, 02:18 (Ref:81817)   #18
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No one said Jacques would be good this year, because this is the one year he won't be good.

Because he's got other things on his mind, like Olivier Panis who is beating the sox off him.

But it's too early to say that JPM is toast. How long did it take Senna to win his first race?
Old 18 Apr 2001, 03:43 (Ref:81827)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz

But it's too early to say that JPM is toast. How long did it take Senna to win his first race?
About a season. Portugal, Lotus 1985?
Old 18 Apr 2001, 03:58 (Ref:81829)   #20
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And it should have been Monaco 1984, Toleman. No thanks to race director Jacky Icyx (spelling?), who wanted Alain to win. But that's another story.....
Old 18 Apr 2001, 05:33 (Ref:81841)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by senna12
And it should have been Monaco 1984, Toleman. No thanks to race director Jacky Icyx (spelling?), who wanted Alain to win. But that's another story.....
Yes, that was truly amazing. At the time (and even now) I thought it was the correct decision but made too late. It cost Prost the championship don't forget.

The next time we saw a display like that from Senna was 1993 Donington. He made Prost look like a pedestrian. Wonder if he was thinking about Monaco '84 at the time?

And now......... Back to the thread.
Old 18 Apr 2001, 17:20 (Ref:82019)   #22
Run Free
Racer

Run Free should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
No one said Jacques would be good this year, because this is the one year he won't be good.

Because he's got other things on his mind,
Liz, Jacques was both IN THE POINTS and WELL AHEAD OF PANIS in ALL the four races of the season until something bad happened, and NOT for his fault.
So, your statement is not based on facts.
Old 18 Apr 2001, 17:23 (Ref:82021)   #23
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Senna in Monaco...ah, yes. I have not heard that Montoya went home and cried for 3 days after screwing up at Imola, though.

Every time I see TGF quoted (every day) as saying Montoya is no big deal, I think of Prost saying the same about senna. Even though I was a Prost girl, it soon got to sound like whistling in the dark.
Old 18 Apr 2001, 17:26 (Ref:82022)   #24
Orange
Racer

Orange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Run Free...

It seems like people want to justify their claim that Jaques is washed up, by saying that Panis will cream him, or that Rico could have, if the team had been nicer to him... Well, ok, maybe not Rico, but the point remains
Old 19 Apr 2001, 05:26 (Ref:82220)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Senna in Monaco...ah, yes. I have not heard that Montoya went home and cried for 3 days after screwing up at Imola, though.
Wrong event Liz. We were talking about Senna's first race at Monaco in the Toleman when he almost overtook Prost in the rain but it was stopped early.

Having said that. You then start to ponder exactly how good Senna was and compare him to MS who (like Senna) did very similar things with poor equipment in his early career.

JPM on the other hand is having some pretty poor luck in what is pretty good equipment. And sometimes its the results rather than the skills which are important to the decision makers.