Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Jun 2004, 19:25 (Ref:994877)   #26
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not blinded by stats - simply informed by a wealth of overwhelming evidence. One or two that could beat him? What, currently driving? Like who?

No other driver has the same consistency - Montoya, Kimi and Webber are all very exciting and amazing drivers, but they all make too many mistakes at the moment. Probably Montoya is the one with the most flair and speed and raciness - but he has other weaknesses on top of inconsistency, such as on the technical and set-up side where he frequently looks outclassed.
Old 5 Jun 2004, 19:27 (Ref:994879)   #27
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No they're not currently driving Glen.....which renders the statistics rather less relevant.
Old 5 Jun 2004, 19:47 (Ref:994896)   #28
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah Glen, i really like to get an insight and a detailed account on how RB had drove for MS "personal results and position race after race."

Quote :" We saw how farcical this can be when Irvine wasn't allowed to pass Schuey at Magny Cours in '99, which ultimately cost him the title."

Not trying to nit pick here...but IF MS didn't break his leg, if Ferrari didn't help order Mika Salo sacrifice his ONLY win opportunity to Irvine, if Ferrari didn't ORDER MS to come back to aid Irvine...Irvine would have totally no title to lose.

And i'm sorry to say, as much as i'm a Ferrari fan, Mika Hakk deserve that title (following MS's exit) more than anyone else.

And those who think MS had it easy...i think they only bother to see the good times, not the bad.
Old 5 Jun 2004, 19:53 (Ref:994902)   #29
KaiserSose
Rookie

United States
Olympia, WA
KaiserSose should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Its just such a shame that it was so easy for MS.
Easy?

C'mon.
Old 5 Jun 2004, 20:28 (Ref:994925)   #30
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Can we just not talk about MS, for a while?? Please
He's a good driver.. good for him.. he's got a servant because he and ferrari can afford it.. good for him..

whatever, who cares!! I mean he is not donating ferraris to his fans, is he??

Never follow a sport blindly for a 'personality'... that should be the motto F1 has plenty of great things to offer and lets focus on those.
Old 6 Jun 2004, 01:34 (Ref:995078)   #31
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:"Can we just not talk about MS, for a while?? Please"

Last check, most of the recent MS related threads are not started by MS fans. And my oh my to my plesant surprise, they don't happen to be positive threads either... so go figure

Yeah..tell me a driver who donate cars he represent to his fans and i'd go for him

And yepp yepp.. i agree. F1 has plenty of great things to offer...MS is just a part of it....wait a minute..what happen to those "Modern F1 sucks" threads But i must agree with you, F1 has so much more worthy topics to discuss, there's no need for desperate measures of constantly using MS's quotes to hit out at him.

So now that i second freud's request "not talk about MS", why not just shut this thread ? Of course, preferably after a(nother) certain member can justify his accusations with evidence.
Old 6 Jun 2004, 01:59 (Ref:995087)   #32
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
|And the funny thing about critics trying hard to portray MS as an arrogant a$$$ because quite frankly, he's been humble than most drivers of lesser achievements care to be.
Yes true,he shows little if any arrogance these days

The right way to say it is that he makes immoral choices when racing.Actually i thought he had pretty much gone straight in that regard but the delibertate forcing of JPM off the road at imola showed he still thinks that same way

*(yes it was harmless ,but still,it shows they way he does things)
Old 6 Jun 2004, 09:45 (Ref:995200)   #33
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
We seem to be forgetting Rubins and Michael provided the closest finish in history at Indy 2002.

*slams can of worms on table defiantly*
Old 6 Jun 2004, 11:56 (Ref:995277)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
We seem to be forgetting Rubins and Michael provided the closest finish in history at Indy 2002.
Really?
Old 6 Jun 2004, 13:55 (Ref:995332)   #35
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
heeey. Peter, find your own Sig

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 6 Jun 2004 at 13:55.
Old 6 Jun 2004, 14:04 (Ref:995334)   #36
piquetfan
Racer

piquetfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very interesting thread, WERE NOT IT BASED ON A BIG LIE!!!!

Schumacher DID NOT SAY HE DRIVES BETTERN THAN THE REST.

I saw the interview in other sites and he said he's drivin better than HISMSELF one year ago.

Here is the interview as shown at F1-live. The title is "I'm better than the others", but the edited text mantions only 'I'm driving better now'

'I drive better than the rest'
Super-star Schumacher still as motivated as ever

Schumacher keeps busy testing at SIlverstone

"I drive a little bit better than the rest."

So Michael Schumacher sums up how and why he's run away with eighty- six percent of Grand Prix wins in 2004 and is still Formula One's highest-paid superstar.

He added: "Maybe I'm driving a little bit better than usual this year, because only the joy of driving remains. I'm achieved all that I want to achieve."

Schumacher, 35, told Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung that a bit of wear and tear is 'catching up' here and there. "I think it's from the constant training."

"But mentally, I don't feel exhausted at all. I feel the same as my rivals who are ten years younger."

The German said his advantage is 'quickly identifying' things - but he wasn't a whiz-kid back at school.

"I preferred go-karts," said the Ferrari driver. "I could tell just from the engine sound who was driving on the track..."
Old 6 Jun 2004, 14:07 (Ref:995339)   #37
piquetfan
Racer

piquetfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Again: he gave the interviw to the German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine, and some people twisted his words. Look at the less dodgy account at F1racing, where SCHUMACHER CLEARLY SAYS HE MADE A COMPARISON WITH HIMSELF ONE YEAR AGO

from F1racing.net
Schumacher a bit better than last year

So Michael Schumacher sums up how and why he's run away with eighty-six percent of grand prix wins in 2004 and is still Formula One's highest-paid superstar. He said: "Maybe I'm driving a little bit better than usual this year, because only the joy of driving remains. I've achieved all that I want to achieve."

Schumacher, 35, told 'Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung' that a bit of wear and tear is 'catching up' here and there. 'I think it's from the constant training. But mentally, I don't feel exhausted at all. I feel the same as my rivals who are ten years younger."

The German said his advantage is 'quickly identifying' things - but he wasn't a whiz-kid back at school. "I preferred go-karts," said the Ferrari driver. "I could tell just from the engine sound who was driving on the track ... "

Can you believe it? He did not say a word about being better than the others.

Last edited by piquetfan; 6 Jun 2004 at 14:09.
Old 6 Jun 2004, 14:13 (Ref:995343)   #38
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Michael was so sure in his ability why would he need a "no overtaking" clause put in his contract?

The truth is he cracks under pressure, always has done always will do - from taking Hill out in Adelaide to moving across on a locked up JPM in the tunnel a few weeks ago. He does not like being overtaken and resorts to dirty tactics to stop it happening.
Old 6 Jun 2004, 15:05 (Ref:995369)   #39
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
heeey. Peter, find your own Sig
Old 6 Jun 2004, 16:45 (Ref:995410)   #40
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ho-hoo, cocky bakayarou, and having the best car and team does not mean a thing?

Last edited by 429CJ; 6 Jun 2004 at 16:46.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 6 Jun 2004, 18:28 (Ref:995443)   #41
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
What I have learned from this thread:

1) No one can seem to post an accurate quote. However, they have no problem posting about the inaccurate quote. This is particularly true if the inaccurate quote is more supportive of their pre-conceived notion.

2) Once again "Michael's Contract" - which no one here has ever seen - is completely responsible for his success. Seemingly not only is Rubens barred contractually from passing Michael, but so is every other driver on the Grid.

3) Michael makes "immoral" choices whilst driving. Yes, everyone else on the grid is a cross between M. Gandhi, Mother Theresa, Buddha and Thomas Aquinas. So really Sir Frank should be scouring Tibetan Monasterys and all manner of Seminaries for his JPM/Schumi Lite replacements - ideally someone who is not only transcendent - a huge advantage during qualies but also a beacon of serenity.

I continue to drink in the knowledge...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 6 Jun 2004, 19:11 (Ref:995465)   #42
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by ghinzani

The truth is he cracks under pressure, always has done always will do - from taking Hill out in Adelaide to moving across on a locked up JPM in the tunnel a few weeks ago. He does not like being overtaken and resorts to dirty tactics to stop it happening.
Good point. We seem to have forgotten the adelaide 94 incident. That was just such a big shame. Poor Damon Hill could've been a double world champ had'nt it been for that farcical manouvere by TGF.. ahh. And I still remember his face standing beside that fence looking towards Damon.. you could tell from his face that he was hoping Damon would stop. And when Daomn did, he was just so happy!! *sigh* what a guy..
Old 7 Jun 2004, 02:00 (Ref:995717)   #43
Gt_R
Veteran

JohnSCC, i agree with you.

Just look at how this thread turn out...it's complete rubbish...and it doesn't take a MS-fan to see it.

Firstly, people misquote Michael so they can bash him. Fine.

But when the error is pointed out, the critics have no grace to admit the mistake.

Instead, once again they turn to incidents one bloody decade ago to save their face.

There would be no problem if the arguments are decent...but what we see is honest **** and to make it worse, the critics actually believe it to be good argument

Just check out every other topic which starts off on a different issue...it doesn't matter what the incident is about...if there's a chance, MS and his alleged contract, Australia94/Jerez97 would be repeated and repeated.

Yeah. Let's all rejoice for realising MS is the devil. The rest are all angels If it's MS's fault, it's MS's fault...if it's not MS's fault, well it can still be made MS's fault

Brilliant!
Old 7 Jun 2004, 02:01 (Ref:995718)   #44
Gt_R
Veteran

I think it's time moderators do something about this.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 02:16 (Ref:995727)   #45
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Why bother, GT_R? Just relax and enjoy his utter domination of the sport. In the end, he'll retire with at least 7 WDC, holding probably every single important record, and with the knowledge that he had the biggest hand in ressurecting the most important team in F1, after 20+ years of faltering.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 02:22 (Ref:995731)   #46
KaiserSose
Rookie

United States
Olympia, WA
KaiserSose should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, well, Prost booted Senna off because he could picture him disappearing into the sunset, and the Senna did the same to Prost.

Drivers have been known to resort to desperate measures on a fairly regular basis.

But when ol' Michael does it, let the floodgates of criticism open.

I guess it just comes with the territory. That little green-eyed monster starts getting the best of people.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 02:36 (Ref:995736)   #47
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Naaa, leave it open.

I love it when true colors are revealed.

Michael did'nt say it, but I will.

HE IS BETTER THAN THE REST!

For those with double digit IQ's, I'll make it simple. If Rubins, JPM, Kimi and <insert fav driver here> could do everything Michael can do, better, and cheaper, why are those silly boys at Ferrari throwing their money away?
Old 7 Jun 2004, 03:20 (Ref:995760)   #48
Gt_R
Veteran

Inigo and Wrex..maybe just maybe you guys are right!
Old 7 Jun 2004, 03:24 (Ref:995761)   #49
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Yes, I have to agree that Michael "cracks under pressure." Look at Monaco - JPM takes him out and Michael comes to the Nurburgring Junior and Chokes! Why, he just cracked completely under the pressure...riiiight.

Honest to God, he is the the greatest driver of both the turbo and the V-10 era, and to read these threads you would think that he just kinda sorta backed in to having SIX WDCs when after all Saint Senna and Professor Prost the Unblemished somehow managed to achieve not only WDCs, but to never ever have done anything wrong ever. Meanwhile back at Ferrari the lawyers are drafting up race results and Michael in his sinister manner just goes on out setting fastest laps, capturing pole position and finishing P1 a lot.

I don't mean to be disrespectful of Prost and Senna - both are great drivers but they were completely capable of being human just like the next guy - even Senna put his pants on one leg at a time.

Sometimes I really wonder if the bias against Michael has more to do with his country of origin than it does his driving. It has been instructive to watch the replays of the '94 and '93 seasons particularly. Senna was the master at keeping someone behind him - believe me, he did things that make the "Chop" look like a sissy move in order to keep a faster car behind him.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 03:47 (Ref:995769)   #50
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
Why bother, GT_R? Just relax and enjoy his utter domination of the sport. In the end, he'll retire with at least 7 WDC, holding probably every single important record, and with the knowledge that he had the biggest hand in ressurecting the most important team in F1, after 20+ years of faltering.
Why should we "relax" and enjoy his utter domination of the sport? It's boring and frustrating. Someone said Barrichello is no where near Schu, but is as good as Kimi, Mika, JPM etc....how is that even conceivable?
Schumacher has never won a championship by beating a GOOD team mate, and never won a championship without Barrichello's full suppport since 2000. And he never will, something which Mika did, Hill did, something which Senna did and Prost, and Piquet and many others years before then.
I used Villeneuve as an example, because as we all know, he is very good, and what I'd pay to see him in the Ferrari along side Schumacher. I don't think that JV, or Mika, or Kimi etc would actually have dominated Schu, no, what I think is that we could have seen some truly remarkable racing like we always have done when one team has emerged above the rest, instead, Schumacher and todt, have denied us the fans, that very thing. Fisichella would love to drive for Ferrari, why did Todt not take him on a few years ago? Everyone knows how good he is, so christ even a knob like Todt must know as well.
Truth be told, he wanted schumacher to win everything and no one else. He is too scared to run his team like how Frank and Ron and Colin successfully have done over trhe years.
It's the Italian approach, the Italian way of doing things, what the modern Ferrari marque is all about, Enzo would be turning in his grave.