Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Jan 2007, 10:15 (Ref:1808708)   #1
The Hrt Kid
Racer

The Hrt Kid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul Dumbrell?

Paul Dumbrell behind the wheel of a supercheap auto car, yet he is strongly involved with autobarn, a major competitor of supercheap. How does that work?
Old 7 Jan 2007, 11:02 (Ref:1808725)   #2
rallyfiend
Rookie

rallyfiend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps driving for the opposition was seen as the lesser of two evils compared to Mr. Dumbrell Snr continuing to write cheques to LP...?
Old 7 Jan 2007, 19:13 (Ref:1808987)   #3
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Prickly_Goo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does it really matter? I mean c'mon Autobarn and SCA are both in the same area of Industry so I guess the Weels thought that that was ok.

Thats just how I see it.
Old 8 Jan 2007, 00:48 (Ref:1809214)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernandez_Angel
Does it really matter? I mean c'mon Autobarn and SCA are both in the same area of Industry so I guess the Weels thought that that was ok.

Thats just how I see it.
They are competitors... indeed Mr Dumbrell had Autobarn on his racing helmet in season 2006 (which I presume will no longer continue..)

It would be nice if any funds freed up from the move of Mr Dumbrell to SCAR/PWR could be redirected to the IRCA operation, to get them an ex-PMM VE sooner than they considered possible...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 8 Jan 2007, 12:41 (Ref:1809573)   #5
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernandez_Angel

Thats just how I see it.
Ford and Holden are both in the same "area of Industry", but you don't see Ford supported drivers / brand representatives racing in Holdens do you? The notion that two companies wouldn’t mind because they are direct competitors is insane!

I would assume with some confidence that Dumbrell's deal with Autobarn is no more....

Does anyone know if Craig still has an association with them?
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 8 Jan 2007, 20:22 (Ref:1809901)   #6
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 XR8
Does anyone know if Craig still has an association with them?
Off topic, but I'm sure I heard Craig on Sydney radio yesterday flogging Dexion...
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 8 Jan 2007, 21:59 (Ref:1809979)   #7
The Hrt Kid
Racer

The Hrt Kid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i dont mean sponsorship of him, my understanding is PD has a strong involvement with autobarn, whether that is working for them or owning a store im not sure.
Old 9 Jan 2007, 01:11 (Ref:1810085)   #8
Fireball
Rookie

Australia
Thomastown
Fireball should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you may find that Mr Dumbrell snr has a stake or has brought the Auto Barn Company....
Old 9 Jan 2007, 02:02 (Ref:1810099)   #9
rallyfiend
Rookie

rallyfiend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball
I think you may find that Mr Dumbrell snr has a stake or has brought the Auto Barn Company....
I'm fairly certain he was a Director at the very least at one point.
Old 9 Jan 2007, 04:53 (Ref:1810123)   #10
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Paul Dumbrell is the owner (franchisee) of an Autobarn store. I'm fairly sure that Gary Dumbrell has no stake in Autobarn Corporate.

Interesting mix of professional allegiances for Paul, but not unprecedented.
John Cleland was a factory Vauxhall driver for many seasons despite owning a Volvo dealership. Several times he went from a Vauxhall promotional gig and had to change clothes in the car as he went to a Volvo dealer meeting.
Old 9 Jan 2007, 07:52 (Ref:1810178)   #11
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter
Off topic, but I'm sure I heard Craig on Sydney radio yesterday flogging Dexion...

he has had dexion on his helmet most of last year and has appeared in the motorsport press advertising them
Old 9 Jan 2007, 08:55 (Ref:1810221)   #12
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
he has had dexion on his helmet most of last year and has appeared in the motorsport press advertising them
Was also in the Dexion garage (in Dexion jumper) at Eastern CReek during the Fujitsu round...
Old 10 Jan 2007, 03:28 (Ref:1810944)   #13
Chuggwald
Rookie

Chuggwald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John Bowe and Barry Sheene also used to sell new Mazdas.
Old 10 Jan 2007, 03:29 (Ref:1810946)   #14
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and Brad Jones had an Audi team.
Old 10 Jan 2007, 03:53 (Ref:1810954)   #15
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So?? He had that before he entered V8's full time, his HRT drives in the early '90s weren't special. When he was racing his Audi Super Tourers, it's not as if he had sponsorship from Ford or Holden.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 10 Jan 2007, 09:35 (Ref:1811101)   #16
Marcos Skaife
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Marcos Skaife has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
What I want to know is will he keep it on the track and not run into anybody this season? The man can drive but only sporadically it seems.
Old 10 Jan 2007, 09:50 (Ref:1811120)   #17
dumbrell_fan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria
dumbrell_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1
Paul Dumbrell is the owner (franchisee) of an Autobarn store. I'm fairly sure that Gary Dumbrell has no stake in Autobarn Corporate.
PD has a share in the franchisee of the Frankston Autobarn store in Melbourne
His Dad as far as i know, does not have any stake in Autobarn but his company does do a lot of business with Autobarn

Last edited by dumbrell_fan; 10 Jan 2007 at 09:55.